Juventuz Bar Thread (2 Viewers)

OP
Elnur_E65

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
  • Thread Starter #103
    Ok, I need some help with terminology here...

What exactly is lager and bitter?

Never been a beer expert.

Apr 12, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
    Ok, I need some help with terminology here...

What exactly is lager and bitter?

Never been a beer expert.
    Lager is traditionally a darker brew, a little heavier.

A bitter draught is a beer that is brewed longer so that the yeast produces more acid, there is normally more "taste," although I will go with the regular Guinness, Draught or Stout, any day.

Also prefer Beck's, got to stick with the Germans, baby!

OP
    Elnur_E65

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
  • Thread Starter #112
    Actually, when it comes to beer what I observed is that the Europeans are much more "patriotic".

Every little town has its own brewry (at least one), and that's what people consume for the most part. Great traditions.

In the US there several large beer producing companies that supply the entire market of 280 million people. And still, imported beer is very popular.

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    I usually just drink beer or coke-jäger. I also love sambuca, and i drink grasshopper every time I dare to be gay. :undecide:

Best beer: Kaltenberg, beats aaaaaaaall your shit.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Actually, when it comes to beer what I observed is that the Europeans are much more "patriotic".

Every little town has its own brewry (at least one), and that's what people consume for the most part. Great traditions.

In the US there several large beer producing companies that supply the entire market of 280 million people. And still, imported beer is very popular.
    Ah that is true. My dad is the supplier for our neighbourhood and our family :D

OP
    Elnur_E65

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
  • Thread Starter #115
    Wow... that means FREE beer! :extatic:

One of my uncles who lives in DC supplies food products to a store at the Russian Embassy. So he gets a privilage to buy stuff at that store. And the stuff sold there is totally tax and duty free. He gets Marlboros for less than a dollar a pack, XO cognac for $30, etc. He got me a liter bottle of 13 year old Glennfiddich for $15!!!!!!!

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Wow... that means FREE beer! :extatic:
    I know!! :cool:

One of my uncles who lives in DC supplies food products to a store at the Russian Embassy. So he gets a privilage to buy stuff at that store. And the stuff sold there is totally tax and duty free. He gets Marlboros for less than a dollar a pack, XO cognac for $30, etc. He got me a liter bottle of 13 year old Glennfiddich for $15!!!!!!!
    FOCKING HELL

We're friends, right? :D

OP
    Elnur_E65

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
  • Thread Starter #120
    It does...

But it's ok as long as it's mutually beneficial (Dutch beer in exchange for whiskey and vodka), and nobody knows about it...

;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)