Juventuz Bar Thread (1 Viewer)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
OK I don't really understand that way of thinking... vodka and coke appropriate for children?

Anyhow for a shot drinker like me, there comes a time when you actually want to sit and have a nice drink rather than just downingshots at the bar, i can't really think of a better way to do it than mix with lemonade or coke.

River

Jun 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

I'd say that kind of drink is appropriate for children or sick women...anyone else should buck up.
Haha. Sorry to laugh but I havent heard this kinda attitude since high school.

You only drink spirits straight? Just because your a real man or something. lol.

I never drink spirits straight, its to strong and simply tastes like shit. Besides how many shots do you have?

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
I like my spirits on the rocks, or if they are mixed, strong enough so you can taste it without much effort. Come on, your drinking liquor -- it isn't supposed to taste good. Open a Smirnoff Ice or a Zima if you want some refreshment.

Don't get me wrong, Ill have an occasional Jack and Coke (well before I stopped drinking soda that is). But it should be at least a half and half mixture.

Now I don't go reccomending drinking big ole bottles of $5 vodka straight because it will be awful but if you buy the good stuff, it is a pleasure. I always say that if you are going to posion yourself, do it right.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by River ] ++
Haha. Sorry to laugh but I havent heard this kinda attitude since high school.

You only drink spirits straight? Just because your a real man or something. lol.
At least somebody got the joke.

I prefer my alchohol straight, just because I like to take shots, that's my prefered method of consumption. I really don't care how other people like and if you feel the need to mix, then go ahead, it's all good with me...

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
whoaaa, I just found this thread, and it's just awesome! I still have hangover, so maybe this isn't the right time to write in here but what the heck...

Pendir, may I advise you to taste some fine Finlandia-vodka, yes it's expensive, but it's worth every penny... :D :)

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
fvck, home alone, having a hangover... on saturday night... :undecide: Maybe I really should get a life...

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
You know what works wonders for a hangover? Raw eggs. Seriously, put a few raw eggs in a glass and drink 'em. Seriously mate, it might sound disgusting, but it helps, I speak from personal experience. Try it, I guarantee it will work.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Yeah then pick up Salmonella from the eggs.. great idea ;)

But honestly I've been told it works, even though I wouldn't do it myself

3 panadol extras and 3 rennie tablets before you go to bed and you wake up feeling 100%, povided you get about 8 hours sleep :cool:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
You know what works wonders for a hangover? Raw eggs. Seriously, put a few raw eggs in a glass and drink 'em. Seriously mate, it might sound disgusting, but it helps, I speak from personal experience. Try it, I guarantee it will work.
Sounds like an old wive's tale to me.

Since one of the biggest elements of a hangover is dehydration resulting from drinking lots of alcohol, drinking lots of water before you sleep is the sanest, best, and most boring advice.

Yeah -- it doesn't involve coming up with some creatively concoction like some ridiculous raw egg shake. But it's basic science and works -- even if you don't have as interesting a story to relay to your friends.

Of course, a lot of the people who need such a fanciful cure are drinking crap with giggling-teen names like "purple hooters," "sex on the beach with a mangy dog," and such clever hilarity like that (yeah, right). So perhaps a remedy like can be more fitting than simple old water.

( I guess when you hit about 25, your drinks go "adult" ... and so do your hangover cures. ;) )

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
Since one of the biggest elements of a hangover is dehydration resulting from drinking lots of alcohol, drinking lots of water before you sleep is the sanest, best, and most boring advice.
Doesn't cure either your headache or the sick feeling in your stomach though

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
nah, what I've heard is that eat three pieces of sugar before going to bed, that should help...

and Zlatan, fair... :D

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
three pieces of sugar :wth::D

Can't say I've ever tried that one. Half a pizza from the kebab shop followed by a litre of water, then get home and take the panadols and rennies..woke up saturday morning completely ok, and wanting to go out again :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)