Juventuz Bar Thread (1 Viewer)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
This is the thread about alcohol. Blackmint, thanks for a great name ;)

Here you can discuss

- the drinks you like
- the drinks you do not like
- combination of drinks you like (dislike)
- what drinks you have had recently (on Friday, for example)

So, today I have had 2 local Azeri beers called "33 Export" before dinner.

I actually like Vodka, Beer and Whisky to the same extent. I enjoy each one, depending on the atmospere.

I always drink beer before I eat dinner.

I drink Vodka in a traditional Soviet way- at the table.

I drink Whisky in various situations.

I also really like wine (both red and white), but unfortunately did not get a chance to really explore it. Brandy is pretty good too.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jul 28, 2002
Interesting thread.....

My all time fav drink for general use : Double Southern COmfort and lemond in a tall glass with ice....brilliant chilling out drink.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Whoa there quality thread!!!

I've actually stopped drinking beer of any form, have only drank one pint I think in the last almost year. This is since it was starting to give me a huge jockoff beer belly which I didn't really appreciate :D

Wine I'll drink at office parties (when its free) but otherwise it gives you a terrible hangover..and lets face it, its not very nice either.

So I'm onto spirits now!
Favourite drink has to be double vodka (smirnoff blue - export strength) lime cordial and lemonade... no ice, cocktail glass :cool:

Fos shots, they have this one in 'vines' a local bar..might be a chain so check it out any brits if they have one in your area...

Its called the bullet, I think its half absinth, quarter tequila and quarter sambuca (sp)..fvkking strong stuff :D

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
heh :D

what dya reckon is the best night out ? Friday or Saturday? We have this problem every week. I reckon Fri since you get an extra day to recover for work on Monday... or so the theory goes..I still feel shit :rolleyes:

River

Jun 15, 2004
During the summer when im at home Saturday. More people be out and better drink promotions etc. And I never really have bad hangovers, so that aint a prob.

Although if im at university Tuesday or Thursday are the best nights. Student nights, all students, insane drink promos etc etc ;)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by River ] ++
And I never really have bad hangovers, so that aint a prob.
lucky you :lazy::D

++ [ originally posted by River ] ++
Although if im at university Tuesday or Thursday are the best nights. Student nights, all students, insane drink promos etc etc ;)
Yeah we have student nights as well, though the drinks don't actually seem to be any cheaper! Insane drink promos rock though, I had these buh one get one free tickets a while back that worked in about half the bars in derby. So you found a cheap ish drink like a bottle of Stella for 1.50 and got 10 for about 7 quid..quality ;)

K10

Jul 12, 2002
So Tom, you say you stopped beer due to the getting of a beer belly yet still drink other alcohol.

Is it only beer that gives you a beer belly? Well, you know what I mean.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I'll be honest I'm not exactly sure on that, its probably wine just as much..common sense thinking tells me that if you have drinks containing say just one or two shots of alcohol plus lemonade or coke its not gonna do as much damage..thats why I do spirits anyway

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Continuing on the Italian theme into the spirits department, I've been really big on high-end grappas ("grappe"?? ;) ) lately. My favorite of late: Nonino Fragolino. I picked up a bottle of the stuff in Bellagio a couple of months back, and it's sublime.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
ahem...

vodka shots :nervous:

lemon vodka shots..

But also if you are ever in colonge, try the local beer 'Kolsch' . Its what ive been raised on for alcohol :thumb:

K10

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
I'll be honest I'm not exactly sure on that, its probably wine just as much..common sense thinking tells me that if you have drinks containing say just one or two shots of alcohol plus lemonade or coke its not gonna do as much damage..thats why I do spirits anyway

I believe it's alcohol on the whole as alcohol has alot of calories. At least so I heard.

I should stop drinking. I am heading for a beer belly soon if I continue this way.

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
Belgium makes the best beers for my money, I'm a huge fan. I'll buy the occasional case of Bass or some decent American beers too.

As for Liquor, Whiskey and Gin for me. I'll take Crown Royal, on the rocks and a nice gin and tonic. I also prefer the good brands of vodka. I have a pretty expensive alcohol habit because I only buy really good stuff, the people at college used to think I was real wierd buying imported beer and super premium vodka.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
The alcohol that has less calories is vodka.

I used to love (and always drink) vodka with orange juice and grenadine but Ive gotten drunk with it so many times that now I cant drink it. I feel like vomiting. I can drink vodka with something like soda water (I dont know its name in english) and some lemon.

I cant stand any rum, but if I had to choose Itd be white rum, something such as Bacardi but I still hate it.

Im not very fond of whiskey. Taking wine shots gets one drunk easily.

I love doing this: Mix in a blender some ice, vodka and something like Tang. You'll get very good tasting smoothies.

And the other day I did this and it tasted quite good: one bottle of champagne, one of vodka, like five red bulls and lots of ice. It tastes pretty good!

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++

And the other day I did this and it tasted quite good: one bottle of champagne, one of vodka, like five red bulls and lots of ice. It tastes pretty good!
Wow sounds like fun to me :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)