Juventuz Bar Thread (2 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Why? Their IPA is nothing special but drinkable I think. I have two in the fridge waiting for tomorrow.
It's the whole attitude of the brewers and the folk that drink it round here that I have a problem with.

They all consider themselves to be morally superior because they aren't drinking beer made by some hug global company.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It's the whole attitude of the brewers and the folk that drink it round here that I have a problem with.

They all consider themselves to be morally superior because they aren't drinking beer made by some hug global company.
I don't think myself superior yet I drink mostly beer from non hug global company.

That's a strange attitude, I, too, would have a problem with it.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I don't think myself superior yet I drink mostly beer from non hug global company.

That's a strange attitude, I, too, would have a problem with it.
It'll be more prevailant here, since Brewdog is based an hour up the road from here.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It'll be more prevailant here, since Brewdog is based an hour up the road from here.
Nice. I envy you, not because that particular brewery is close to you but because you can buy ale from the brewery. The fucked up alcohol laws in Sweden make this impossible, I have two micro breweries very close to where I live but there is no point visiting them as we're not allowed to buy.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I've been called worse.
British? English? Welsh?

I would like to try some of these.

Do you drink Sierra Nevada or Liberty Ale or Read Seal Ale?
Harpoon, Dog Fish and Stone make the best IPA's in the world.

I've had Sierra Nevada plenty of times. Alot of microbrews tend to make better ales. Its a simpler craft but great taste and robust body

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
British? English? Welsh?

Harpoon, Dog Fish and Stone make the best IPA's in the world.

I've had Sierra Nevada plenty of times. Alot of microbrews tend to make better ales. Its a simpler craft but great taste and robust body
Man, I would like to try these IPA's

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Nice. I envy you, not because that particular brewery is close to you but because you can buy ale from the brewery. The fucked up alcohol laws in Sweden make this impossible, I have two micro breweries very close to where I live but there is no point visiting them as we're not allowed to buy.
What's the thinking behind that law?

British? English? Welsh?
Don't think I've ever been called Welsh.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
What's the thinking behind that law?

Don't think I've ever been called Welsh.
It's simple, alcohol is trade is controlled by the government, for home use you buy only from a dedicated liquor store. So you can only buy in such a store or from a restaurant or bar.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
It's simple, alcohol is trade is controlled by the government, for home use you buy only from a dedicated liquor store. So you can only buy in such a store or from a restaurant or bar.
So breweries can't set up a shop?

I assume breweries here have to get a license to sell drink, just like a shop or a restaurant would.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)