Juventuz Bar Thread (2 Viewers)

Nedvěd

Why so? Prices in Syria are slightly higher than Lebanon too sometimes, but everyone brings it from Duty free areas in Syria, so sometimes it becomes even cheaper than Lebanon, that's one of the good part of living in under a corrupted system :D
Cheapest imported beer here is 4Jds, a half liter of Stoli is 10jd a liter of Jager is 30jd a liter of Chivas 12 years is around 50-60jd.
And it's even worse in pubs, bars and hotels. A bottle of Guinness 8.5jd, a pint of local beer is 6jd and in some places even more expensive. A normal Vodka and red bull pint (filled with ice) would be around 7jd a tequila shot is 4jd and even more expensive in other places.
Heck, I remember that a can of Stella in the Intercontinental hotel in Aqaba was for 12jd.

If I ever had a stomach failure I blame this country, because everytime I go out drinking to a bar I go empty stomached. :(

Buy on AliExpress.com

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Nedvěd;3090697 said:
Cheapest imported beer here is 4Jds, a half liter of Stoli is 10jd a liter of Jager is 30jd a liter of Chivas 12 years is around 50-60jd.
And it's even worse in pubs, bars and hotels. A bottle of Guinness 8.5jd, a pint of local beer is 6jd and in some places even more expensive. A normal Vodka and red bull pint (filled with ice) would be around 7jd a tequila shot is 4jd and even more expensive in other places.
Heck, I remember that a can of Stella in the Intercontinental hotel in Aqaba was for 12jd.

If I ever had a stomach failure I blame this country, because everytime I go out drinking to a bar I go empty stomached. :(
just converted them, damn it's very expensive indeed.probably double the price from here.

Nedvěd

Okay, here is the post again in dollars. :D

Cheapest imported beer here is around 6$, a half liter of Stoli is 14$ a liter of Jager is 42$ a liter of Chivas 12 years is around 70-84$.
And it's even worse in pubs, bars and hotels. A bottle of Guinness 12$, a pint of local beer is 8.5$ and in some places even more expensive. A normal Vodka and red bull pint (filled with ice) would be around 10$ a tequila shot is 6$ and even more expensive in other places.
Heck, I remember that a can of Stella in the Intercontinental hotel in Aqaba was for 17$

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Those are crazy numbers, but in hotels it's natural, not far from the ones here. I don't know about those, but Chivas 12yo is around 40-50$ here, that alone is enough to realize how expensive it is there. I love chivas btw, one of the best of blended whiskeys, if not the best one.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Blended whisky. :yuck:

Still, good to see people enjoying the produce of the town of Keith, where my Dad grew up and some of my extended family still stays.

Nedvěd

Those are crazy numbers, but in hotels it's natural, not far from the ones here. I don't know about those, but Chivas 12yo is around 40-50$ here, that alone is enough to realize how expensive it is there. I love chivas btw, one of the best of blended whiskeys, if not the best one.
Yeah, I guess hotels are the same everywhere but bars and clubs are also very expensive here.

Nedvěd

Red, mate, is The Glenlivet any good? The bottles look damn sexy, wish I had enough money to buy for my old man.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Nedvěd;3090730 said:
Okay, here is the post again in dollars. :D

Cheapest imported beer here is around 6$, a half liter of Stoli is 14$ a liter of Jager is 42$ a liter of Chivas 12 years is around 70-84$.
And it's even worse in pubs, bars and hotels. A bottle of Guinness 12$, a pint of local beer is 8.5$ and in some places even more expensive. A normal Vodka and red bull pint (filled with ice) would be around 10$ a tequila shot is 6$ and even more expensive in other places.
Heck, I remember that a can of Stella in the Intercontinental hotel in Aqaba was for 17$
WTF!?! Where do you live? I thought I was overpaying for booze. :shocked:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Nedvěd;3098495 said:
Red, mate, is The Glenlivet any good? The bottles look damn sexy, wish I had enough money to buy for my old man.
The Glenlivet is good but not the 10 years old because it totally lacks character.

Andrew, what do you think of the Dalwhinnie? I am not a big fan, I just was never able to give it respect, it always felt like something is missing.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I haven't opened the one I won and haven't had it for a while.

I recall quite enjoying it in the past, but don't remember what, if anything, stood out about it.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Then again, I struggle to remember why I like stuff because I don't really go in for analysing whisky that much.

I just decide I like or dislike a whisky and get on with drinking it or not drinking it, as the case may be.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I don't analyse either and I go for like or don't like but I have a reason to like mostly I want it to stand out as something different than the others.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Jack or anyone, can you recommend me a great whiskey? price is not important.. From the ones you advised, tried two, and didn't like (still want to push my luck :D). They were Jura and Glenfidich.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)