Juventuz Bar Thread (4 Viewers)

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Indeed it is.

Staropramen is one of my current favourites.
Staropramen's great, but I was drinking it just a few days ago and I reacted on the ingredients. If I recall correctly, it included "malt extract and hop extract".

Perhaps all beer is made on some kind of extract (rather than plain malt and hops), but that was the first time I've seen it worded like that on a beer label. Would be a shame if it uses second rate raw material.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I just had a glance at a bottle and it seems to contain those extracts as well as hops and malt.

Not sure how that compares to other beers.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Don't you have alcohol free beer there (mah shaheer?)? It's not the same, but it should give you an indication of how beer tastes.
I tried two alcohol-free beers in Pakistan. The first one I bought was like strawberry flavored or something - tasted very good and the other one tasted like piss.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Beer is a bit of an acquired taste.

Very few people really like it when they first try it.
Certainly is. Even after 5-6 six years of drinking beer, my taste is still under development. Some beers brewed on lots of hops can be very, very bitter but I've actually started to appreciate them more and more. Now I nearly love them.

It is strange indeed.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I've heard that a lot, but i've never understood it.

Will take your word for it though.
It just grows on you after a while. I'm not really sure why.

I assume it makes a difference whether you're drinking for taste or to get shit faced.
Not really.

Most folk (at least in Scotland) will have been having the odd beer for a few years before they are old enough to be going out and getting wasted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)