Juventus's big-spending days are over, says Agnelli heir (5 Viewers)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
i couldn't disagree more. there is a debate on wheter it is a science or not but it is clear cut mathematics which is the mother of all sciences.
the trick is the complexity of the accounts. 'false accounts' are non existing accounts that appear to be existing. but unless you go through the accounts one by one you wouldn't know if its 'false' or not.

note: im not an accounting or economics expert
I don't want to go off-topic more and more, but I have to tell you that accountants use many ways of "disclosure" that are legal, but each one of them leads to a different net income. Personally, although I'm in this area since 10 years, I can tell you it's SO SILLY thing.

Buy on AliExpress.com

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
I don't want to go off-topic more and more, but I have to tell you that accountants use many ways of "disclosure" that are legal, but each one of them leads to a different net income. Personally, although I'm in this area since 10 years, I can tell you it's SO SILLY thing.

i agree on the "disclosure"part .... nevermind

back to the topic:

i don't think elkenn is saying that the club wont have money for transfer. the way i see it is that he (along with all the shareholders) want the return on their investment. so he don't want high spending if there is no strategy to overcome this spending.

his comment on moggi tells all. before calciopolli the status of juve was as high as real or barca or manu. i mean that who ever they buy they will sell for more because of probable rise in the player standard of play. this justifies spending on whoever moggi want as long as he is going to generate more money from the player than he spent.

i dont think elkenn will refuse if secco brought bechham for 30m. not because he is a geed player but because he will bring money to the club.

elkenn said secco should be careful because the signing we are targeting are average in terms on name on the market. plus next year elkenn will not boost some cash to help the club the management must cover the costs and generate profit without help.

basically juve is a business not a privetly ouned club were glass wearing jackass pour money into it just to win and he never do so except when juve is down.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
remember 2000-2001

Thuram 25m
Trezeguet 20m
Nedved 27m
Buffon 32m
this itself adds to 104,000,000 pounds (around 8 billion INR)
for thuram, nedved and buffon, we got the money from Zidane's sale, and maybe added a bit more but not sure

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
well i guess our dreams of being scudetto challengers any time soon just got ruined by lamo asscan! we still need to buy 2 CBs!!!!
our defense needs to be Grygera-new CB-new CB-Chiellini!! and we need good CBs the serie A is all about defense so we need a good one! our defense with boumsong and legrottaglie cut it in serie B but wont in serie A! as much as i would love to see lampard at juve we need to buy central defenders and need to ignore this great oppurtunity.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
A backup goalkeeper is not a big issue, I think Ranieri mentioned only one CB cuz that's the position we really lacks...

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
John Elkann wants to appear as the good businessman in this case, but everybody who knows Juventus of the triade knows that they were buying so efficiently and they were using the least possible resources, so John can shut up and play another game.
John is a shrewd guy. While I'm a little surprised at how his comments seem to implicate "wild spending ways of the Triade" (yeah, right), I do wonder if they were taken out of context.

sounds interista:faq1:
No, an interista would say, "Sell the Vatican so we can buy Ronaldinho! Even if it's not ours to sell!"

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
We never spent big every summer. Moggi loved his freebies. BIG spending days are over???? Didnt realised it even started.

Shut it John and stop being tight and get your wallet out and bring us back to being great again. :D

Zare

Jul 4, 2007
That's what you call a "mic check" by John... Mic Check, Ha Aha. I be the anti-myth rhythm rock shocker. Mic Check, Ha Aha... I be the anti-myth rhythm rock shocker, what?

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
The recent successful share issue, resulting in a €104m taken up by IFIL and other large shareholders has to be looked at not just from a transfer related perspective.

Whilst it is accepted that the lion's share will be devoted to market activity, Iaquinta, Almiron, Tiago, Grygera (salary) and an international-class central defender, the rest will be spent on financing the salary bill, restructuring the Stadio Delle Alpi and day to day overheads.

No question that the caurious tone of John Elkann's statement was designed to reduce the expectations of the tifosi, whose sights are sent on more €15m - €25m deals in coming days and weeks. The writing has been on the wall for at least three weeks now that funding transfer activity will have to be done carefully with the club being totally unprepared to enter into deals that include fees that are seen as extortionate. Milito at €21m being a decent example.

If Juve are to sign the CB we need to solidify the defence, it is almost certain to be on the back of sale proceeds of players whom many of us are likely to be unhappy about. Though there will be some, Miccoli/Kapo we are not too bothered about. It's clear that from here on in, new arrivals will have to be on a self-financing basis.

I can see one, perhaps two players arriving in the course of the next 14 days. Both are likely to be Italian Serie A footballers who will be at the lower end of the fee spectrum, say €6m - €11m. Barzagli looks to be favourite whilst the Nedved replacement will probably wait till the January 2008 transfer window.
Reality is setting in in Turin.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
The recent successful share issue, resulting in a €104m taken up by IFIL and other large shareholders has to be looked at not just from a transfer related perspective.

Whilst it is accepted that the lion's share will be devoted to market activity, Iaquinta, Almiron, Tiago, Grygera (salary) and an international-class central defender, the rest will be spent on financing the salary bill, restructuring the Stadio Delle Alpi and day to day overheads.

No question that the caurious tone of John Elkann's statement was designed to reduce the expectations of the tifosi, whose sights are sent on more €15m - €25m deals in coming days and weeks. The writing has been on the wall for at least three weeks now that funding transfer activity will have to be done carefully with the club being totally unprepared to enter into deals that include fees that are seen as extortionate. Milito at €21m being a decent example.

If Juve are to sign the CB we need to solidify the defence, it is almost certain to be on the back of sale proceeds of players whom many of us are likely to be unhappy about. Though there will be some, Miccoli/Kapo we are not too bothered about. It's clear that from here on in, new arrivals will have to be on a self-financing basis.

I can see one, perhaps two players arriving in the course of the next 14 days. Both are likely to be Italian Serie A footballers who will be at the lower end of the fee spectrum, say €6m - €11m. Barzagli looks to be favourite whilst the Nedved replacement will probably wait till the January 2008 transfer window.
Reality is setting in in Turin.
I can live with that. Our demotion last year has clearly taken it's toll. We will probably suffer for years to come. Some of us seem to think that since we are back in A everything is back to normal. We have done well on the market thus far and need a cb to finish now. Once that is done we are set. I understand that we will have to be carefull after the financial setback we have suffered and not take huge risks in the near future.
We have a good squad. You don't always have to spend big to get results. We are on a different course now whether we like it or not.
That's how it is going to be, better then bankrupcy I'd say. We are not playing FM over here!

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
Er...no, our squad is better than Milan, Inter or Roma ? I doubt it...
it wasnt the strongest on paper in 1994/1995 either. but we still won
my point is that we shure dont have the quality of inter or milan players but if reneiri do it right the team as a whole can overcome any other.

how did valencia win la liga during bentez era. madrid was far too superiur and barca also.

its in reneiri's hands

**still we need a defender

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)