Juventus vs Udinese, Del Piero is crucial (2 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Category: <b>Match Reports</b><br><br>Against Udinese, Capello chooses the partnership Ibrahimovic-Trezeguet in attack and lines up Camoranesi, in place of Vieira, alongside Emerson, and Mutu and Nedved on the wings.

Udinese are well positioned on the pitch and, without avoiding to attack, can cover up well all the spaces. Juventus’s first attack takes place after 10 minutes with Trezeguet’s header, deflecting Balzaretti’s cross pass, but the attempt misses the target. The Friuli-based side becomes dangerous after 22 minutes: Iaquinta takes advantage of Zambrotta’s moment of uncertainty and feeds Natale who beats Buffon, but the action is stopped for offside. On 29’ minutes, Camoranesi’s volley from the edge of the box ends out and two minutes later Mutu threats De Sanctis with a powerful left-footed shot, unfortunately the Romanian is offside. After 33 minutes, Juve get close to scoring: Emerson serves for Trezeguet who tries to overcome De Sanctis with a lob but the goalkeeper clears. Between minutes 35 and 37, Muntari makes two yellow-card fouls and referee Dattilo sends him out. One minute later, Ibrahimovic deflects with his head Camoranesi’s free kick but he can only hit the post. In numerical superiority, Juventus build up and get close to scoring a goal on 42’ minutes with Nedved engaging De Sanctis with a powerful left-footed short-range drive. Soon afterwards, Mutu’s header is too high over the bar when he deflects Camoranesi’s corner shot.

In the second half, Cosmi replaces Di Natale with Aguilar and Juventus get dangerous right away with Mutu whose cross drive from the left cannot find any of his teammates ready for a deflection. Udinese reply with Vidigal’s left-footed shot from the edge of the penalty area but it gets a little too wide. On 11’ minutes, Juventus nearly break the tie: Balzaretti puts the ball in from the left and Camoranesi heads it off; the ball it gets to Felipe who deviates it unintentionally towards his own goal, past the post. One minute later, it’s Del Piero’s turn, who substitutes Camoranesi. Juve build in and press Udinese towards their own side of the pitch. On 24’ minutes, De Sanctis is very good at countering Del Piero’s tricky free kick and then to clear Ibrahimovic’s header out for a corner. One minute later, it’s still the visitors’ goalkeeper who saves Mutu’s header but later he just can’t do anything to counter Del Piero when he deflects Zambrotta’s perfect cross pass and taps it in (1-0). The Bianconeri persistently look for the second goal, first with Ibrahimovic, whose attempt from outside the area is sent out for a corner, and later with Cannavaro whose header ends narrowly out. On 39’ minutes, it’s Nedved’s turn to aim at goal but his left-footed kick is saved by De Sanctis, while Balzaretti’s finish on 44’ minutes is off target. On 46’ minutes, Ibrahimovic drives down the left flank and shoots at goal with a powerful drive but he misses the target. This is the last thrill of a struggled match, deservedly won by Juventus.

JUVENTUS vs UDINESE 1-0

GOALS: 25’ s.h. Del Piero

JUVENTUS: Buffon, Zambrotta, Thuram, Cannavaro, Balzaretti; Mutu (30’ s.h. Giannichedda), Camoranesi (12’ s.h. Del Piero), Emerson, Nedved; Ibrahimovic, Trezeguet.
Substitutes: Abbiati, Chiellini, Pessotto, Blasi, Zalayeta.
Coach: Capello

UDINESE: De Sanctis; Bertotto, Zapata, Felipe, Pieri; Zenoni (30’ s.h. Pepe), Vidigal, Muntari, Candela; Iaquinta (15’ s.h. Rossini), Di Natale (2’ s.h. Aguilar)
Substitutes: Paoletti, Rinaldi, Lazzari, Barreto.
Coach: Cosmi

REFEREE: Dattilo

YELLOW CARDS: 35’ and 37’f.h. Muntari, 40’ f.h. Vidigal, 35’ s.h. Giannichedda
SENT OFF: 37’f.h. Muntari

ATTENDANCE: 27,501
PROCEEDS: 361,282 Euros<br><br>Source: Juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

pampalini

Feb 7, 2006
taken from Roma website...interesting opinion...could have been on Udinese, Fiorentina or some other team website as well...

Why do these Juve fans come to a website dedicated to Roma to engage us in conversation? I can only speculate. What do they have to talk to each other about. Can they talk about the game their thieving club won yesterday? Can they talk about how great Alex DP, affectionately known as the Waterboy, played yesterday? Of course not. How can a Rubentus "fan" feel good about a team that is so obviously corrupt. It is shamelessness beyond shame. It is not that we Romanisti are unaware that Referees and linesman make mistakes. It is the clear fact that these 'mistakes' always seem to favor one team in Italy. Again, it is an embarrassment and once again, Serie A is devalued and our officiating remains an international embarrassment.

The usual juve comeback: "you are all just jealous because juve is a successfull team". I can speak for myself only that I have no jealousy for such a morally bankrupt club. I don't care if they win 50 scudetti. When you are a big club in Italy, it is easy to win. Milan and Juve control the league and make the most money. Galliani makes sure that his Milan and Juve make the television deals first, and he insists that his club and juve get paid the most for their broadcast rights. He also lets Luciano Moggi intimidate the smaller clubs. Of course Galliani does he same thing. Gilardino was set to come to Roma last year. Galliani and Moggi together intimidated Parma to block the transfer. We all know the rest of the story. That is just a small example. Diego Dalla Valle, Fiorentina president, did all he could do to prevent Galliani from winning another term as league president. He was vocal and publically stated that this conflict of interest is unacceptable. Did anyone notice how many times Fiorentina was on the short end of referee decisions last year. Was that a mere coincidence? Fortunately, Fiorentina were saved on the last day of the season.

My only hope is that Palermo's Zamparini becomes league President. He was put in as second in command behind Galliani by Franco Sensi and Dalla Valle accepted this gesture from Sensi. That was a compromise. Sensi agreed to vote for Galliani if Zamparini was made Vice President. It is still not good enough. Until the entire structure of the league changes with shared television revenue and a reasonable salary structure, we will continue to have these problems. So juve fans can continue to turn a blind eye when they win with the help of the referee and linesman. They can pretend that they acquire players fairly and earn their championships in a fair and equitable way. But the fact remains that for Rubentus, black is white and white is black. They are the most corrupt influence in world football bar none. Milan is a close second and calcio in Italy smacks of corruption.
---------------------------

You can see everything when you look at Moggi smoking cigar during the match...the man "really" has class

:tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

GRK

Guitar God
Oct 19, 2004
"Waterboy," huh?
As I recall, it is Roma "captain" Totti who uses the water from his mouth to spit at people.
At least Del Piero is respectable.

I'm not even going to comment on the rest of that crap.

pampalini

Feb 7, 2006
I agree the comments about Del Piero were too harsh, but that wasn't the point.
Considering Totti I read comments here when Roma played Juve in Coppa Italia and he was constantly bashed that he is diving and cheating, i saw the game and Juve players were hunting for him the whole match.

--------------------
Totti fitness concerns Roma

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Francesco Totti’s persistent ankle problems are continuing to give Roma doctors cause for concern. “It’s worrying,” admitted Mario Brozzi.

Totti revealed on Sunday that he fears for his World Cup place as he has been playing through the pain barrier with an ongoing ankle complaint for most of the season.

Now Giallorossi medic Brozzi has publicly admitted that continually fielding the Roma captain is not helping his recovery.

“It’s several months now that this situation has been going on,” said Brozzi. “We have managed to get him through matches despite him being in the most unbelievable state.

“At Parma, Totti was limping when he arrived but by some miracle he managed to play,” he added.

“Let’s just say that we are managing the situation but the whole business is giving cause for concern.”

Television cameras at Roma’s training ground yesterday caught a glimpse of the Italy midfielder on the treatment table and zoomed in on his swollen ankles, one of which was heavily scarred.

Totti has admitted that he is being singled out for rough treatment by defenders aware of his condition, but has grown to accept it now rather than react.

------------------------------------------------

He had this problem in the past, he is a human being, he realizes he has made mistakes and tries to learn from them. Current results of Roma and especially their play (it isn't a win as a win) and his own shows that.

Anyway, the point wasn't Totti nor Del Piero.

The point is the Italian football is corrupt, it's a great problem imho and saying you are not even going to comment on the rest of the crap (the point) is a great way how to "discuss" it and maybe realize mistakes in your own house.

To add to my point, here is what Moggi said:
Moggi defiant: Refs do not favour Juventus

Juventus director general Luciano Moggi has rubbished claims his team are favoured by match officials after yesterday's controversial winner scored by Alessandro del Piero against Udinese.
"Udinese will be angry, but no-one does us any favours," said Moggi. "We are satisfied with the deserved victory. The goal scored by Del Piero seemed to me to be in the correct position.

"People can challenge us, but I don't know how you can accuse someone like our captain. I defy anyone to find one incident where we have won thanks to favours from referees.

"We have not had any favors, others instead have had four, five or even six this season."
--------------------------

You don't need referees to help you every single week, if you are on a hot streak victories come easily without their help too...but...

Juve was suffering against Udinese, you came from a heavy (yes, i say heavy) defeat in Coppa Italia that definitaly and especially blasted your morale, you needed some moral boost because the CL is near and you needed to forget Roma and start winning again.

It could easily have been crisis if you didn't win that match, it's so clear it isn't even funny Juve wanted and got that result at every possible cost.

Next week you win somewhere without the help of referrees and you will say that we are all just crying because we envy you your results...because you are the masters of Italy...

It's enough to have one referee favour when it's the right time for it. Juve is strong enough not to need more.

It's great to have power, it's great to be a Juventus fan.

:tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

As a fan of Italian calcio, i'm disgusted...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)