Juventus vs Chelsea (9 Viewers)

Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
I wouldn't say that Carvalho and Terry beat Thuram and Canna as simple as that, nor is Zlatan not better than Drogba
apart from a few goals scored in the beginning of the season, drogba has been in crap form for most of it..

Zlatan all the way

:thumb:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Actually, Carvalho is probably slightly better than Thuram, however IMO he's on par with Cannavaro. Of course Thuram and Terry do not share the same qualities, however Lilian is a better tackler and John is better in the air. All in all, both central defense pairings are about equal. Juventus is better on the ground and Chelsea is better in the air.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Well the thing is, if Chelseas would play in the Serie A they would not go very far. Thats the main difference. Juventus is competing the in the Serie A, and to be honest it is the toughest/most exhausting local championship in europe.
Chelsea has a great squad for the Premier League..
Our two major problems are:
1- We lack CBs
2- We lack a creative midfielder to help Nedved out or to replace him when he can't play.

I think that our forwards are maybe the best in the world. We managed to score ALOT with not so much creative midfielders.

I said it before, at the beginning of the season when all players were fresh and injury free, meaning we played with 100% first line, there are maybe no team in europe that can compete.

We have the best goal keeper in the world: Buffon
World Class CB: Thuram and Cannvaro
BEST LB: Zambrotta
A not bad RB: Zebina
Strong DM: Blasi, Emerson, or Tacchi
One of the OM: Nedved
A great R wing: Camoranesi
4 talented forwards: DP, Zlatan, Zala and Trezeguet.

The thing is, this looks great as it is, once any gets injured and suspended we need to change the whoe formation to deal with his abscence, e.g. Nedved we switched to 4-3-3.

OP
denco

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #27
    ++ [ originally posted by ZAF3000 ] ++
    Well the thing is, if Chelseas would play in the Serie A they would not go very far. Thats the main difference. Juventus is competing the in the Serie A, and to be honest it is the toughest/most exhausting local championship in europe.
    I am sorry , thats trash right there, SerieA is probably the best league and thats arguable but to call it the toughest and most exhausting is uninformed , how can you compare the pace, the number of matches because of Sky thats being played in Epl to what happens in SerieA?
    Anyways thats what not this thread is about, i was hoping the Capello apologists would plead his case and in fact prove he is performing miracles with our so called weak squad but unfortunately i am still waiting

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    NEVER. Carvalho is NOT better than Thuram. (Sorry but I truly disagree with that one)
    Nowadays, Carvalho is a better stopper than Thuram. They both are about equal in terms of ground tackling, however Carvalho is better than Lilian in the air. That's what sets them apart, as slight of a difference as it may be.

Menace

Apr 22, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    NEVER. Carvalho is NOT better than Thuram. (Sorry but I truly disagree with that one)

Hmm I like Tiago though
    She's Right Carvalho in not better than Thuram and never will be :stuckup:
    Who the hell is Carvalho anyway? two years ago nobody even knew about him. Chelsea's defance in the CL is crap. He didn't play well against decent teams in the CL.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Menace ] ++

She's Right Carvalho in not better than Thuram and never will be :stuckup:
    Who the hell is Carvalho anyway? two years ago nobody even knew about him. Chelsea's defance in the CL is crap. He didn't play well against decent teams in the CL.
    What's your point? Thuram played absolutely horrible against Liverpool when we needed him the most. Both legs he made mistakes he shouldn't have made. If you ever watch Carvalho you'd see his tackling is superb and he's very good in the air. He's not as good as Thuram with the ball, though, however equal in ground tackling and superior in the air. Perhaps about equal overall, however nowadays I'd take Carvalho.

Menace

Apr 22, 2005
    Carvalho also made mistakes against Barcelona and Bayern that led to goals. Thuram played few bad games this year but not as much as Carvalho

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    All defenders had "bad" games in the matches against Barcelona and Bayern because of the tactics by both managers. Do you think Thuram would do any better against the likes of Ronaldinho and Etoo? Or perhaps the fact we always field a wall of four to protect our defense has no bearing in this discussion? Carvalho doesn't have a wall of four in front of him all the time and Mourinho's tactics in both matches was to attack Barca's weak defense and to catch Bayern off guard. So tell me, why would Thuram do any better against the footwork of Ronaldinho and the crosses from the wings of Bayern Munich?

Menace

Apr 22, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    All defenders had "bad" games in the matches against Barcelona and Bayern because of the tactics by both managers. Do you think Thuram would do any better against the likes of Ronaldinho and Etoo?
    Yes if Stam and Nesta can in the first match aganist Barcelona Thuram and Canna can too

Or perhaps the fact we always field a wall of four to protect our defense has no bearing in this discussion? Carvalho doesn't have a wall of four in front of him all the time and Mourinho's tactics in both matches was to attack Barca's weak defense and to catch Bayern off guard.
    Mourinho did field a wall in front of his defance of Tiago-Lampard-Maklele

So tell me, why would Thuram do any better against the footwork of Ronaldinho and the crosses from the wings of Bayern Munich?
    Becuse an in form Thuram is Unbeatable. Thuram was great against Real Madrid

Aug 1, 2003
    From what Ive seen from Carvalho from his previous club till now and what Thuram is from Parma till now... surely Thuram is the better defender overall. Thuram has played to a level that I am pretty sure Carvalho will not be able to achieve yet

OP
    denco

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #36
    It is always vexing to read some stuff on here, its always in Epl chelsea can defend but not in Cl
    In Cl, they conceded 2 goals against Barcelona in the first leg but that was after going down to 10 men, and i defy any team in this world to keep a clean sheet with the waves of attack from Barcelona at their best, in the second leg , they conceded 2 again, but 1 was a penalty and the other was just genius, you cannot legislate for what Ronaldinho did
    Against Bayern, the first goal was a goal keeping error by Cech from a free kick while the second one was a dive from Ballack leading to penalty
    In the second leg they might have conceded 3 but its just the first goal you can talk about cos the other 2, chelsea were no more mentally there as they had qualified whilst Liverpool's goal did not even cross the line

Now to Carvalho and Thuram, its difficult to say who is better but Carvalho can sure read the play better than Thuram and is not as weak in the air
    The one reason Lippi was opposed to playing Thuram in the centis becos he would always fook up an offside trap as he never seems to anticipate just reacts whilst Carvalho does anticipate very well but i do think he is better at bringing the ball forward and passing the ball.
    I just read who is Carvalho anyway when did he start playing football? Is that relevant?

Jan 7, 2004
    its not in the defence that chelsea is better than juve, thuram - canna are as good as terry- carvaho (the latter ones are younger though).

its in the midfield that chelsea is much better than us

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
    I don't have time to read all of the thread but let me just say that Camoranesi seems to be highly underrated among all of you. He is actually better than Robben, imo.
    Cannavaro and Thuram gets a tie with Terry and Carvalho. Lampard is superior to Appiah and Emerson, but Emerson (not being the same type of player, though) is not far behind, all in all.
    And Zlatan gets my vote in a clash with Drogba.

We are pretty equal to Chelsea this season. They have been playing better football if you're looking for entertainment, but Juventus is always Juventus.

Forrrrrza.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)