Juventus VS Atalanta (1 Viewer)

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Just the kinda start the doctor ordered!!! :D Especially after all the sites were saying Atalanta was the team of the pre-season.

My question:
How is our urgency? Are we on a roll .... wave after wave of attacking football or?

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
Great start for the champions :)

with delpiero effoert we can win everything possiple :)

here is my rating for the players :

buffon 7 , thuram 7.5 , ferrara 6 , montero 6 , moretti 6 , camoranesi 6.5 , tachinardi 6 , baiocco 5.5 ( fresi 6.5 ), nedved 8 , di vaio 6 ( salas 6.5) , del piero 9 .

juve'sand del piero's second goal was great :)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Serie A Week 2 - 15/9/02 (15.00)
Juventus 3 - 0 Atalanta
Del Piero pen 27, 34 (J), Fresi 91 (J)

Stadio Delle Alpi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The title holders began the defence of their reign against Atalanta, one of the most on-form teams of the pre-season months, but were pushed to victory by a sparkling Alessandro Del Piero.
Marco Di Vaio was given his official debut by pushing Marcelo Salas onto the bench and he immediately exhibited a good rapport with Del Piero. In the first minute goalkeeper Massimo Taibi was forced into a fine save on the ex-Parma star's header.

Di Vaio perhaps proved a little selfish on the counter-attack when instead of passing across to the unmarked Del Piero he went for glory.

Juventus continued to increase the pressure and on 26 minutes Luciano Zauri brought down Del Piero on the counter-attack. The referee pointed to the spot and the captain fired into the roof of the net despite Taibi getting a finger to it.

The points were made safe when Del Piero, on sparkling for this season, broke forward on another counter and slammed the ball into the net with his right foot.

In first half stoppage time Pavel Nedved combined with Del Piero and from a difficult angle still managed to clip the woodwork.

At the dawn of the second half Atalanta went extremely close to re-opening the game when Luigi Sala's volley thumped the crossbar.

Ciro Ferrara performed heroics in defence on the few dangerous moves from the visitors and almost scored with a glancing header.

The scoreline was sealed in stoppage time when substitute Salvatore Fresi, who joined from Bologna on a free transfer this summer, blasted a fierce piledriver into the top right-hand corner of the net.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus: Buffon; Thuram, Ferrara, Montero, Moretti; Camoranesi, Tacchinardi, Baiocco (Fresi 61); Nedved; Del Piero (C Zenoni 80), Di Vaio (Salas 67)

Atalanta: Taibi; Foglio, Sala, Zauri, Bellini; Gautieri, D Zenoni, Berretta (Carrera 71), Doni; Rossini, Inacio Pià

Ref: Paparesta

Football Italia

Jun-Lei

Sep 15, 2002
Good, solid performance by Juve :) Del Piero's second goal... truly sublime! :cool: And have to single out Nedved's contribution to both Alex's second goal & the third by Fresi. Salas had a good workout during the short time he was on, and as usual I'm impressed with his industry. Di Vaio... still not quite there, missed a few chances, but should improve over time. Quite a few of the youngsters & new additions had decent performances, so all's good for the moment, although we have to be on our guard against Newcastle in CL this week.

Nice touch to the week with Lazio's loss :p

Reza

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex Del Piero ] ++
we won a team 3:0 who defeated inter 3:2 earlier this month... :D it's a proof that we are in top form already :D

what else do you want ? the first step 3-0 ,,our form never been better .......:cool:

JKane

May 31, 2001
Well, seeing that an average player starts his career at about 20 and finishes at about 35, I'd say he's middle aged - but definitely not young. (just for a football player)

Anyway, just my point of view.

Gazzetta dello Sport says "40 milla" but I'd like something more precise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)