Juventus Next Gen (16 Viewers)

Jun 16, 2020
Do they have the same problems as the big boys? Being vulnerable to counterattacks and large gaps between defence and midfield?
No. The senior squad controls games way more than the U23, so seniors are more vulnerable for counters. U23 has problems defensively without 2 important players, besides that theyre pretty naive, they don’t allow themself to control the game. Everything is rushed forward and we mis a something in the final third imo. Also a good summary of this first half.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The defending has been pretty terrible so far in this game, especially Capellini. It's in these games where I notice the street smarts of the opposition players in contrast to some of our guys.

Jun 16, 2020
Bald Tony finally out. Did he do anything? Where the hell did we sign that guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Wtff

- - - Updated - - -

2-1 Correa. Del Sole with the assist?

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Del Sole, 3-1 Juve. Fagioli released him with the opposition all up in attack.

Tidy finish coming in from the right. He's a very technical player but needs to improve his final pass and scoring. Nice one there though.

Jun 16, 2020
Del Sole was the game changer tonight, exactly what we needed.

Btw Petrelli in those 3 moments that he destroyed is exactly what I ment when we discussed the striker position.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Fagioli is Italian Isco if he hits his ceiling.

The defense sucks. Not one legit prospect out there today.

Pirlo should give Correia a shot. His defending has gradually gotten better. he’s really settled into that LM/LWB role, something you can’t say about anyone with the senior squad.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It was a good win after a really poor start. We seemed to get caught cold (literally) and made loads of individual mistakes, but as the game went on they seemed to run out of steam and our subs made a difference.

Up to 5th now.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Fagioli is Italian Isco if he hits his ceiling.

The defense sucks. Not one legit prospect out there today.

Pirlo should give Correia a shot. His defending has gradually gotten better. he’s really settled into that LM/LWB role, something you can’t say about anyone with the senior squad.
I've been touting Correira's name for a number of weeks now, Seriously he can't be any worse than playing bernadeschi

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I've been touting Correira's name for a number of weeks now, Seriously he can't be any worse than playing bernadeschi
I just don’t get it, from a planning POV. I’m assuming Tici knew the system Pirlo wanted to run before the season started. The only guy Pirlo has at his disposal whose natural spot is the left flank is Sandro, and he isn’t really attack minded. Shit management.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I just don’t get it, from a planning POV. I’m assuming Tici knew the system Pirlo wanted to run before the season started. The only guy Pirlo has at his disposal whose natural spot is the left flank is Sandro, and he isn’t really attack minded. Shit management.
it happened last season too: we sold spina, not replaced him with anyone in the squad, and hoped for de sciglio to be available. shit management that we didn't learn from.

also the club rarely cares about the preferred system of the coach. conte - ridiculously - resigned over that dwarf he desperately wanted and whom i don't even remember the name*. allegri got in a cl final with vidal as a trequartista, begged for a proper am, he got hernanes. sarri always played with wingers, he got injury prone costa and a berna.

pirlo at least could allegedly pick between chiesa and aouar...

*iturbe :baus:

Jun 16, 2020
I really want to believe that we want to give some time to the youngsters, but doubt it will happen if we continue dropping points against the likes of Benevento. These should be the games where we have a comfortable lead and let those teenagers play 20 minutes.

Correia plays in a position where we could use someone though. Wish we could sell Berna.

Ranocchia is having a good season. Was having a great game today. For me in our top 5 prospects with potential.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
it happened last season too: we sold spina, not replaced him with anyone in the squad, and hoped for de sciglio to be available. shit management that we didn't learn from.

also the club rarely cares about the preferred system of the coach. conte - ridiculously - resigned over that dwarf he desperately wanted and whom i don't even remember the name*. allegri got in a cl final with vidal as a trequartista, begged for a proper am, he got hernanes. sarri always played with wingers, he got injury prone costa and a berna.

I can kind of understand that with Pirlo, as he was an unknown quantity and didn't have anything set in stone, but there was no excuse for Conte and Allegri.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I can kind of understand that with Pirlo, as he was an unknown quantity and didn't have anything set in stone, but there was no excuse for Conte and Allegri.
I mean does the manager even matter? You would think a club that’s in three competitions would properly stock both of their flanks.

- - - Updated - - -

@Pirlo

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020

Sorry mate, dont agree. It would be insane to think that our TD completely ignores the manager after 9 consecutive Scudetti, and all the other successes.

I mean with Conte we clearly invested in his 352, he got Asamoah, Tevez, Llorente, Giovinco and of course the other players who ended of fitting perfect in his tactics although it wasn’t clear yet that we would play 352 (Lichtsteiner, Pirlo, Vidal).

With Allegri we gradually became richer, he brought a lot of succes to the club and with Dybala, Costa, Matuidi, Higuain, Dani Alves, Sandro, Ronaldo etc we can’t say that he was completely ignored. With all those wingers (Cuadrado, Costa, Berna) it was quite clear for me that we were investing in a formation with wingers. The midfield became a problem over time, but didn’t felt like it until 2018.

I just think it’s strange that people somehow here believe that the most prominent figures at the club would somehow ignore each other during the summer and that the first training session would be a surprise for the manager to see what the new signings are.

Besides that directors are at the club for the long run imo, 5 year with Allegri is pretty long for a manager to stay at the same club, but let’s not forget that we had 4 managers in 10 years, and 2 directors responsible for signing players. I’d agree if a director doesn’t sign every player a manager wants, simple because most managers are aiming for short term succes instead of looking for the risks in the long run for the club.

And yes obviously Max deserved better midfielders, it was a serious problem but somehow he also had a soft spot for Khedira. Personally I really doubt that Isco would fit his philosophy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)