Juventus Next Gen (12 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I can kind of understand that with Pirlo, as he was an unknown quantity and didn't have anything set in stone, but there was no excuse for Conte and Allegri.
conte's resignation was on the cards for a while, so i somehow get that marotta didn't want to spend big on an unproven player just to please an unpredictable coach.

Buy on AliExpress.com

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Then went and signed Eriksen for Inter lol. Agent Beppe.
tbf eriksen for 20m looked like a bargain back then, regardless of conte's wishes.

btw i don't know what kind of player conte would sign if he had a 100 euro budget and he'd call the moves. vidal over tonali is a bad joke, hakimi (who's one of the best prospects in that position) can't defend well enough for him (fair enough, but tactics can compensate for it), he and eriksen is a terrible match, he's dropping brozovic, arguably their best cm with barella lately, and they didn't sign a cb, which is their weakest position lacking any depth imo

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
tbf eriksen for 20m looked like a bargain back then, regardless of conte's wishes.

btw i don't know what kind of player conte would sign if he had a 100 euro budget and he'd call the moves. vidal over tonali is a bad joke, hakimi (who's one of the best prospects in that position) can't defend well enough for him (fair enough, but tactics can compensate for it), he and eriksen is a terrible match, he's dropping brozovic, arguably their best cm with barella lately, and they didn't sign a cb, which is their weakest position lacking any depth imo
With a bit of flexibility Conte could have used Pirlo's formation with Ramsey for Eriksen, but he likes what he likes. The idea of Eriksen as a mezzala always bewildered me.

He was a bargain but only for the right team. Ultimately Inter will get their money back anyway.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Sorry mate, dont agree. It would be insane to think that our TD completely ignores the manager after 9 consecutive Scudetti, and all the other successes.

I mean with Conte we clearly invested in his 352, he got Asamoah, Tevez, Llorente, Giovinco and of course the other players who ended of fitting perfect in his tactics although it wasn’t clear yet that we would play 352 (Lichtsteiner, Pirlo, Vidal).

With Allegri we gradually became richer, he brought a lot of succes to the club and with Dybala, Costa, Matuidi, Higuain, Dani Alves, Sandro, Ronaldo etc we can’t say that he was completely ignored. With all those wingers (Cuadrado, Costa, Berna) it was quite clear for me that we were investing in a formation with wingers. The midfield became a problem over time, but didn’t felt like it until 2018.

I just think it’s strange that people somehow here believe that the most prominent figures at the club would somehow ignore each other during the summer and that the first training session would be a surprise for the manager to see what the new signings are.

Besides that directors are at the club for the long run imo, 5 year with Allegri is pretty long for a manager to stay at the same club, but let’s not forget that we had 4 managers in 10 years, and 2 directors responsible for signing players. I’d agree if a director doesn’t sign every player a manager wants, simple because most managers are aiming for short term succes instead of looking for the risks in the long run for the club.

And yes obviously Max deserved better midfielders, it was a serious problem but somehow he also had a soft spot for Khedira. Personally I really doubt that Isco would fit his philosophy.
sorry if i wasn't clear with my point. i didn't mean that the club didn't invest, we obviously did. i mean that it's not the coaches who have the final word on the transfers. marotta was famous for his eye (lol) for market opportunities and plusvalenza always drove our mercati, the coach's needs were secondary. if it wasn't the case, conte would have had his bloody iturbe, allegri would have got himself an isco type of player, we would have tried to sign jorginho last summer, and the list goes on. marotta operates on market opportunities, and tici looks like having a similar m.o. (see ramsey, rabiot, and even cr, who knocked on our door via mendes)

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Petrelli has me intrigued, just from watching him with the u23s the last month or so. Like Dragusin, he’s physically mature for his age. Hes good at playing with his back to goal in a hold up role. He just seems like a classic target man. He’s impressed me more than Marquez. Dunno if Pirlo would promote him now, but it’s pretty evident that we need a backup for Morata.

Jun 16, 2020
Not closely watching but we were better and the midfield seemed to do well.

- - - Updated - - -

3-0 Rafia, penalty hits the crossbar and becomes a goal via the keepers back.

- - - Updated - - -

3th place now, 6 points behind Renate.

3-1 win btw

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
3-0 Rafia, penalty hits the crossbar and becomes a goal via the keepers back.
:lol2:

Boys are doing well. Unfortunate that there is only the 1st spot for auto promotion, because play-offs are such a lottery. Renate have this one striker Galuppini who has propelled them up the league, complete random who has found form in the last couple of seasons. We play them away before the Christmas break so that would be a nice one to take at least a point going into that.

Games before that are Pontedera (A, 12th pos.) and Alessandria (H, 7th pos.).

Jun 16, 2020
:lol2:

Boys are doing well. Unfortunate that there is only the 1st spot for auto promotion, because play-offs are such a lottery. Renate have this one striker Galuppini who has propelled them up the league, complete random who has found form in the last couple of seasons. We play them away before the Christmas break so that would be a nice one to take at least a point going into that.

Games before that are Pontedera (A, 12th pos.) and Alessandria (H, 7th pos.).
It was the kind of goal you’d concede playing FIFA.

My gamble after the first 2 matches was that we have a good chance to reach Serie B. Obviously really difficult to say as we don’t know much about the other teams, but technical we look superior against most teams and it’s usual a fight against ourself. Besides that delivering players for the senior squad might turn out ugly in the future, we could’ve used Dragusin for example.

The way I see it is that we simply have more resources and talent compared to the rest, the most talented players we have would’ve been bought already by bigger clubs* if they didn’t play for us. Having that financial advantage it should be a matter of time to reach Serie B, and of course good coaching by the manager but I like Zauli.

*Not necessarily Barca or City, but Serie B/A level.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I think the issue will always be that the team will likely be a revolving door and change each season or two. Its purpose is to develop players, who will either move to the senior squad or elsewhere. The coach as well will probably always be looking to move.

Things would probably be more stable if we made Serie B because players would develop better playing in a stronger league and would maybe stay an extra season.

With change every season and younger players filling the gaps left by those who have moved on it is hard to build a successful team. Plus in lower leagues a bit of experience goes a long way, especially when the pitches make it difficult for technical players. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a lot of seasons like last year where we start slow and build to a strong finish.

But as long as the players develop, that is the most important thing. It is certainly a good step from the primavera.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Some discussion on VS if Ranocchia could become a homegrown player. @s4tch has this knowledge if I’m not mistaken, what’s your view about this?

https://www.transfermarkt.nl/filippo-ranocchia/profil/spieler/489611
for the league, the current rule applies since the '15/16 season. see full description here, 1st page, bottom paragraph: http://www.legaseriea.it/uploads/de...iles/allegati/649/cu_83_-_tetto_alle_rose.pdf tl;dr: a player who was registered for the club for at least 3 years between the age of 15 and 21 qualifies. juve bought ranocchia on 31.01.2019, so he didn't spend 3 full seasons (or 36 months, even with interruptions) at juve, so he's not homegrown in the leage yet, but he can still qualify until he's 21 if we don't sell him.

uefa/cl: the rule is basically the same for homegrown players (https://documents.uefa.com/r/doYQqERk_RY8cYz72urIkw/LRu0Krf~SemKD0UaXkXFOQ). didn't read the vs discussion, but i already saw some guys confusing the hg rule and the b-list, so there might be some confusion there. b-list player can be one who's born after 01.01.1999., and was eligible to play for the for 2 interrupted seasons after his 15th birthday. ranocchia doesn't qualify yet, but he can be introduced on the b-list next season, and can easily qualify for a hg player before he's 21.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)