Juventus Next Gen (10 Viewers)

Jun 16, 2020
Finished 2-2 but Carrarese progress because of their superior final league position.

Juve had some good chances at the start of that second half, but then Carrarese came back into it before Vrioni's wondergoal. Coccolo was missed for sure, but Dragusin is an absolute man mountain. Looks confident as well. Vrioni scored two great goals with either foot, so I'm keen to see more of him.

Clear progress for the team in the second half of the season, it's been a success overall.

Next year the target is more consistency from the beginning, but the very nature of an U23 team means it will always be something of a revolving door.
As you know I mostly follow U19, but honestly I’m surprised by the level of this team after seeing the last 3 matches. I was expecting it to be a lot worse.

I talked about Dragusin in the primavera topic, he’s indeed very strong. As is Ahamada, was this his debut at U23? We’ve been missing wingers and good strikers at U19, but hopefully that problem has been resolved for the U23 with that new Portugese kid and Zanimacchia.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Finished 2-2 but Carrarese progress because of their superior final league position.

Juve had some good chances at the start of that second half, but then Carrarese came back into it before Vrioni's wondergoal. Coccolo was missed for sure, but Dragusin is an absolute man mountain. Looks confident as well. Vrioni scored two great goals with either foot, so I'm keen to see more of him.

Clear progress for the team in the second half of the season, it's been a success overall.

Next year the target is more consistency from the beginning, but the very nature of an U23 team means it will always be something of a revolving door.
let's not forget the serie c coppa they won. not bad from these youngsters at all.

btw is pirlo confirmed for next season? i didn't read anything official, might have just missed it.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He was on the bench with senior team several times.
I saw him playing once for Albania U21 against Italy (he played for Italy youth before that...) and IIRC he scored a good goal in that game, so he's worth a watch. His shooting is a bit like Manolo Gabbiadini's.

Possibly a Serie B-level player, so it'll be interesting to see if he'll even stay with this team.

In fact, I found that goal:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
So stupid, at least take the penalties
This might be due to Covid-19 and the schedule, but I could be wrong. It didn't spring to mind before the game, but at the end it came to mind that I'd seen this before. Rewarding the team who finished higher in the league is a double advantage when they already got to play at home.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
I saw him playing once for Albania U21 against Italy (he played for Italy youth before that...) and IIRC he scored a good goal in that game, so he's worth a watch. His shooting is a bit like Manolo Gabbiadini's.

Possibly a Serie B-level player, so it'll be interesting to see if he'll even stay with this team.

In fact, I found that goal:

He scored for Juve youth as well,

Jun 16, 2020
Wild guess for next year: Loria; Wesley, Dragusin, Vlasenko, Coccolo; Toure, Fagioli, Ahamada; Zanimacchia, Marques/Vrioni, Felix Correia

Don’t know them U23 players very well tho

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

Was actually Marques with the second goal, that shit stream with no commentary lol. Did think it was unusual to see such a good shot with the right.

Marques is another one who we won't really be able to judge until next season. From what I've seen he has lovely technique but maybe doesn't score enough.

Jun 16, 2020
The only thing that’s left regarding our youth teams is the Youth League in august vs Real Madrid. Marques is 19 so I’m not sure if he’s able to play and I don’t know if teams on that level need to register some players as in the real CL.

Usually they swap the best players between teams for the most important matches, as they did with Dragusin, Portanova and Fagioli.

- - - Updated - - -

Loria has already been traded for Pisa goalkeeper Stefano Gori.
I thought about him a few minutes after my reply, was to lazy to change it. He’ll play indeed.

- - - Updated - - -

Saw like 4 matches of Wesley, can’t say that I like him btw.

Last edited:

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
So the only youth (if you can say it about a 22yo dude) from our great programme that deserves a tiny chance at 1st team football is a guy that is already sold?
All hail our future stars scouting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)