Juventus Transfers (2007-2008) [Discussion thread] (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
---------Buffon------------------
Zebina-------Milito--------Cannavaro/Barzagli---------Chiellini/Molinaro
---------------Zanetti------------------------
------Tiago-------------Almiron
Iaquinta--------Trezeguet---------Del Piero

that brings a total of 6 italian starters, not to forget Criscito, Nocerino, Camoranesi, Palladino, Marchisio etc on the bench. Yes we are too foreign :disagree:

Buy on AliExpress.com

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007

that brings a total of 6 italian starters, not to forget Criscito, Nocerino, Camoranesi, Palladino, Marchisio etc on the bench. Yes we are too foreign :disagree:
Cannavaro and Barzagli are a dream. Criscito is just young potential, Nocerino won't be utilized as he should and Molinaro is a backup. In my signature I have 6 Italians in the Starting 11, but I am sure Ranieri will opt to put Almiron over Zanetti and we wont sign Barzagli.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
It isn't a coincidence that Milan won the Champions League with 7 Italians on the field. Not to mention the worst players on the field were Dida, Seedorf and Jankulovski. If we want to win big games we will sign more Italians. If we want to play pretty soccer we will sign more foreigners.

Jun 13, 2007
I dont see where the problem is if juve do become more international ( not that they are ) besides that shows more quality for the team. not any international players though , good international players that can give more than italian players .
btw milan basically won the champions league because of kaka , italians are very important but we shouldnt discredit the foreigners.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
IN:
Grygera (Czech)
Salihamidzic (Bosnia)
Tiago (Portugal)
Almiron (Argentina)
Nocerino (Italy)
Criscito (Italy)
Molinaro (Italy)

Please like the bottom three are even going to see a regular dose of the field. After we sign Huntelaar and Milito. Ha. Sad really. Calcio was the last hope for football to remain unique to the countries. Soon every league will be the same.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
It isn't a coincidence that Milan won the Champions League with 7 Italians on the field. Not to mention the worst players on the field were Dida, Seedorf and Jankulovski. If we want to win big games we will sign more Italians. If we want to play pretty soccer we will sign more foreigners.
:agree:

Italians are some of the best in the world when it comes to finding a way to win games.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006

Cannavaro and Barzagli are a dream. Criscito is just young potential, Nocerino won't be utilized as he should and Molinaro is a backup. In my signature I have 6 Italians in the Starting 11, but I am sure Ranieri will opt to put Almiron over Zanetti and we wont sign Barzagli.
your signature is wrong, as Ranieri has said he wants to play with a 4-3-3 or a 4-1-3-2.

IN:
Grygera (Czech)
Salihamidzic (Bosnia)
Tiago (Portugal)
Almiron (Argentina)
Nocerino (Italy)
Criscito (Italy)
Molinaro (Italy)

Please like the bottom three are even going to see a regular dose of the field. After we sign Huntelaar and Milito. Ha. Sad really. Calcio was the last hope for football to remain unique to the countries. Soon every league will be the same.

Also Almiron has dual nationality, thus if need be he can be capped by italy as he hasn't been called up to the Argentinian team. He is the same as Camoranesi. So in mine there are 7 Italian starters, which Ranieri has hinted at already. So stop complaining

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
:agree:

Italians are some of the best in the world when it comes to finding a way to win games.
Perhaps we should sign some new ones to our team. Especially players like Quagliarella who say they would walk to us, or a natural born leader in Cannavaro, or the future of Italian Defending in Barzagli. The other leagues allow players to run free and dazzle the highlights, but the Italians are just as good, they just realize the difference between self and team.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
your signature is wrong, as Ranieri has said he wants to play with a 4-3-3 or a 4-1-3-2.

Also Almiron has dual nationality, thus if need be he can be capped by italy as he hasn't been called up to the Argentinian team. He is the same as Camoranesi. So in mine there are 7 Italian starters, which Ranieri has hinted at already. So stop complaining
First of all: 4-3-3... ouch that is ugly. This isn't the Premiership Claudio. 4-1-3-2 seems to make more sense with the way he selected his transfer targets, although he is putting a ton of stock in Zanetti to single handedly win balls in midfield.

Almiron, dual nationality. If that is how you want to spin it that is fine. IMO he is an Argentine and plays like one. Camo plays like an Italian. We still have not signed an Italian for the back line and I doubt we will.

My 4-1-3-2 (sick)

BUFFON

GRYGERA - BARZAGLI - MILITO - CHIELLINI

NOCERINO

CAMORANESI - TIAGO - NEDVED

TREZEGUET - DEL PIERO​

Way more attack than we need. It is a bummer that we god rid of Deschamps for this.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
First of all: 4-3-3... ouch that is ugly. This isn't the Premiership Claudio. 4-1-3-2 seems to make more sense with the way he selected his transfer targets, although he is putting a ton of stock in Zanetti to single handedly win balls in midfield.

Almiron, dual nationality. If that is how you want to spin it that is fine. IMO he is an Argentine and plays like one. Camo plays like an Italian. We still have not signed an Italian for the back line and I doubt we will.

My 4-1-3-2 (sick)

BUFFON

GRYGERA - BARZAGLI - MILITO - CHIELLINI

NOCERINO

CAMORANESI - TIAGO - NEDVED

TREZEGUET - DEL PIERO​

Way more attack than we need. It is a bummer that we god rid of Deschamps for this.

if you don't like the 4-1-3-2 we could easily play a 4-3-1-2

---------------Buffon---------------------
Zebina----------Barzagli/Canna----------Milito----------Chiellini/Molinaro
----------Tiago------------Zanetti----------Almiron
----------------------Nedved/Camoranesi------------------
-------Trezeguet-----------------Del Piero---------

or else

---------------Buffon---------------------
Zebina----------Barzagli/Canna----------Milito----------Chiellini/Molinaro
----------Tiago------------Zanetti----------Almiron
----------------------Del Piero/ Iaquinta------------------
-------Trezeguet-----------------Del Piero/Iaquinta---------

Jun 13, 2007
seriously juve fans should stop obsessing about bringing more italians to the team . if a great italian player comes to juve , great , if a great foreigner comes instead , so what . look at the great foreigners that gave juve so much .
omar sivori
micheal platini
montero
zidane
trezeguet
thuram
davids
sousa
........ and the list goes on

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Having great foreigners is one thing, it is the average ones we are picking up that is the problem. I was all for guys like Thuram and Viera and Ribery and Huntelaar and Milito. But I don't see the need to build the base of our squad with foreigners.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Let's face it, Ranieri is a motivator not a team builder or tactician. Motivation gets teams so far, but you still need to have the ability to understand team building and tactics to go all the way. His appointment as coach scares me. He has never won the big one. I see him making the same mistakes here with personel as he did in the past.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
I like Almiron and Tiago as well, but I don't understand how the midfield is supposed to work with both of them in it. This is Serie A. We will get burned if we are aggressive.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
But the best player on the field was Kaka... for both 2005 and 2007.

It's not just Italians that we need to win matches... we need players who can fucking play. This bull-headed Nationalism regarding Italians is starting to get on my nerves. Only imbeciles would take someone such as Barzagli over Milito or Pepe, Zaccardo over Zebina or Grygera (when we already have them on board), or buy Iaquinta for an absurd amount of money just because he's Italian and a "World Cup Winner."

Having a backbone of Italians on our side is indeed important, but we shouldn't be sacrificing good players for Italians just because they're Italian. The best clubs on this planet have a good mix of players that originate from the club's country and quality personnel from other parts of the world.

The likes of Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta and Oddo are all top players for Italy and the first three are world class... Barzagli and Zaccardo are not while Quagliarella could just be a flash in the pan. Juventus already has a good backbone of Italian players and youngsters, so we don't need to buy players just because they're Italian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)