Juventus to play in Australia next month (35 Viewers)

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
Del Piero doubtful for Victory game

JUVENTUS captain Alessandro Del Piero could be a big-name withdrawal from this month's friendly with Melbourne Victory at Telstra Dome.

The prolific striker has been in excellent form and has publicly declared his desire to be selected by Italy coach Roberto Donadoni for the European Championships in Switzerland and Austria from June 7-29.

Selection in the Azzurri squad would preclude Del Piero from the Juventus tour, which visits Shanghai and Hong Kong before the final stop to play Victory on May 30.

Juventus officials expected to have five players missing due to Euro 2008 commitments, but had not initially counted on Del Piero, who has not played for Italy since September, being absent.

"I think I have deserved (a place at) the European championships with a beautiful season," Del Piero said.

"In the end Donadoni will calmly make his selection and he'll bank on those who deserve it."

Del Piero's form supports his claim for a spot in the 23-man Italy squad.

He has scored 18 goals for Juve in Serie A this season as the Old Lady sits third on the table, ready to return to European Champions League action after a season in Serie B as a penalty for match-fixing.

As many as five or six Juventus players could miss the Victory game, but it is still hoped Czech Republic midfielder Pavel Nedved and French striker David Trezeguet will make the trip to Melbourne as the marquee names for Juventus.

Even with several first-choice players missing, Juventus will offer strong opposition for Victory, which yesterday flew to Seoul, en route to Gwangyang for Wednesday night's Asian Champions League game against Chunnam Dragons.

Victory is set to play Costa Rica international Carlos Hernandez, most likely off the bench in the second half, after his recovery from a knee injury.

The experienced and versatile Tom Pondeljak will make his first start since signing from Central Coast Mariners.

Unable to qualify for the second phase of the Champions League, Victory will play young striker Nathan Elasi and wide midfielder Evan Berger, both of whom are yet to make their Champions League debuts.

Victory ends its Champions League campaign at home to Thai champion Chonburi FC on May 21.

As much as I want to see Ale play here, he has to go to Euro 08

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Del Piero doubtful for Victory game

JUVENTUS captain Alessandro Del Piero could be a big-name withdrawal from this month's friendly with Melbourne Victory at Telstra Dome.

The prolific striker has been in excellent form and has publicly declared his desire to be selected by Italy coach Roberto Donadoni for the European Championships in Switzerland and Austria from June 7-29.

Selection in the Azzurri squad would preclude Del Piero from the Juventus tour, which visits Shanghai and Hong Kong before the final stop to play Victory on May 30.

Juventus officials expected to have five players missing due to Euro 2008 commitments, but had not initially counted on Del Piero, who has not played for Italy since September, being absent.

"I think I have deserved (a place at) the European championships with a beautiful season," Del Piero said.

"In the end Donadoni will calmly make his selection and he'll bank on those who deserve it."

Del Piero's form supports his claim for a spot in the 23-man Italy squad.

He has scored 18 goals for Juve in Serie A this season as the Old Lady sits third on the table, ready to return to European Champions League action after a season in Serie B as a penalty for match-fixing.

As many as five or six Juventus players could miss the Victory game, but it is still hoped Czech Republic midfielder Pavel Nedved and French striker David Trezeguet will make the trip to Melbourne as the marquee names for Juventus.

Even with several first-choice players missing, Juventus will offer strong opposition for Victory, which yesterday flew to Seoul, en route to Gwangyang for Wednesday night's Asian Champions League game against Chunnam Dragons.

Victory is set to play Costa Rica international Carlos Hernandez, most likely off the bench in the second half, after his recovery from a knee injury.

The experienced and versatile Tom Pondeljak will make his first start since signing from Central Coast Mariners.

Unable to qualify for the second phase of the Champions League, Victory will play young striker Nathan Elasi and wide midfielder Evan Berger, both of whom are yet to make their Champions League debuts.

Victory ends its Champions League campaign at home to Thai champion Chonburi FC on May 21.

As much as I want to see Ale play here, he has to go to Euro 08

i hope he goes euro's as it would be selfish of me towards him if i say i want him here.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The sites for these venues lists this probable but unofficial list of players:

Goalkeepers: Belardi, Vanstrattan
Defenders: Birindelli, Zebina, Stendardo, Molinaro, Legrottaglie
Midfielders: Zanetti, Salihamidzic, Nedved, Nocerino, Tiago, Marchionni, Almiron, De Ceglie, Marchisio
Forwards: Del Piero (disregard this, and imagine Lanzafame instead), Trezeguet, Palladino, Giovinco

canguro

May 6, 2008
My 2 greatest passions(other than my family) are Juve and Melbourne Victory, so I can't lose this night. I was at the MCG in 1983/4? when they toured here last. Managed to get autographs of Boniek, Cabrini, Scirea & Trappatoni. Absolutely rapt and cannot wait to see La Magica Juve again. As much as I'd love to see Del Boy, he is playing too well not to be included in the Euro squad.

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
Andrea Rossi del Siena verrà aggregato alla squadra per la tournée in Cina e Australia.
(Gazzetta dello Sport)

He's at Siena in a co ownership and he will tour with the Juve squad.

Looks like all our players which are on loan and some that are in co ownership will tour will the squad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)