Juventus to Malta in January (1 Viewer)

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #23
    Juventus team manager plants tree in Mellieha

Dressed casually in a crisp shirt, jeans and blazer, Gianluca Pessotto, Juventus team manager, limped across the field with Environment Minister George Pullicino to plant a tree, as part of the 34U campaign.

He mingled so well that, with the exception of a few diehard fans, hardly anybody knew of his planned visit to Mellieha, where hundreds of people gathered near the Red Tower to plant a record 15,000 trees over the weekend.

"I'm here to plant a tree... just to plant a tree," he said with a big smile, when asked what brought him to Malta.

However, the real news of his visit has already spread like wildfire and many Juventus fans are looking forward to January when the Serie A heavyweights will come to Malta for a four-day training camp.

Sources said the visit will be announced during an official press conference in Turin next week. A top football player, Mr Pessotto's gentle nature shone through when he happily posed for photos and signed T-shirts and scraps of papers for the fans who drove all the way up to Mellieha and then followed him back to the supporters' club in Fleur De Lys, where he paid a quick visit.

Looking relaxed, Mr Pessotto seemed to be putting last year's bad news behind him and relishing a second chance at life. In June 2006, the 37-year-old had fallen 15 metres from a second-storey window of the club headquarters, clutching a set of rosary beads.

His fall, which led to multiple fractures, had coincided with the investigations into match fixing among Italy's top clubs, including Juventus. Though not implicated in the scandal, Mr Pessotto was said to be feeling depressed and unhappy with his role at the club.

"We are looking ahead and we feel the need to show that all that was said and written about the team is not true. We are working to show the players' technical superiority and take Juventus to new heights in football," he said.

Things are looking up for both Mr Pessotto, who has now put away his crutches, and his team, which is faring well in Serie A, despite two controversial penalties in Napoli's favour during Saturday's match.

"We were very disappointed. The erroneous decision was quite evident. However, we don't have any suspicions that this move was done to hinder us, even though it ruined the game," he said.

As he focused his attention on planting a Sandarac gum tree in a secluded area, Mr Pullicino, an avid Lazio fan, remarked with a smile that the tree symbolised Juventus's regeneration.

Mr Pessotto, who leaves Malta this afternoon, appealed to the Maltese to care for the environment and promote initiatives such as the 34U national tree-planting campaign. Trees were the country's lungs, he said.

The 34U campaign proved to be a tremendous success and the response by the public had been overwhelming. A ministry spokesman said the trees were sold out by 4 p.m. yesterday and they had to register people's names and accept their booking to plant trees elsewhere.

A shuttle mini-van service from Ghadira to the Red Tower could not cope with the crowds and the promoters had to double the number of mini-vans to six.

"This event has been a qualified success. We never anticipated such an enormous response," the spokesman said.

Times of Malta

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
    eyyyyy im back..... j1897forum closed so i will be posting regularly again.. yeah its great news to know that theyre coming to malta.... cutajar can i come with you ?? you lucky ......

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    eyyyyy im back..... j1897forum closed so i will be posting regularly again.. yeah its great news to know that theyre coming to malta.... cutajar can i come with you ?? you lucky ......
    sorry i dont take traitors to the juventuz site :D You are such a user :D

Anyway yesterday there was Italy vs England Legends match in Malta. Italy won 5-1 :tup:

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
    actually they call me a bummer :) and im good at it, yesterday i bummed 2 bottles of whiskey :)... didnt get to see the game unfortunatley i was playing my own football :)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    To Malta in January

The beginning of 2008 will be... “Maltese” for Juventus. Ranieri's team will be in Malta from the 6th to the 12th of January, taking advantage of the League's winter break, for a week of training and a friendly match (on the 9th, against La Valletta) in an island that has always been very close to the Club.

The agreement, signed with Renaissance Productions (a company operating in the event sector) was made official at a press conference held at the Juventus Media Center in Vinovo, with Director General Jean-Claude Blanc and Sales Manager Marco Fassone taking part. The deal was finalized after Team Manager Gianluca Pessotto spent a few days on the island defining all details concerning logistics.

juventus.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Juventus launch six-day Malta tour

Blanc looking forward to fruitful work-out in isola bianconera

"Malta è un'isola bianconera" (Malta is a black-and-white island).

This is how Jean-Claude Blanc, the chief executive officer of Juventus, depicted our country at the launch of the Serie A squad's training camp in Malta between January 6 and 12, 2008.

Juve's state-of-the-art complex in Vinovo, on the outskirts of Turin, was the setting for yesterday's conference call held one day after the Juventus-Inter Derby d'Italia clash which ended one-all on Sunday.

Apart from Blanc, the media conference was also attended by Anton Tabone and Gianni Filippini, director and consultant of Renaissance Productions respectively, and Marco Fassone, commercial director at Juventus.

Michael Sciriha, president of the Juve Club Vero Amore (Malta), was also present.

Outlining the club's programme of preparations for the next three months, Blanc said: "Our build-up for the second part of the season is of utmost importance. The team's performance in the final months of the season will have a huge bearing on our final position in the standings and after the Christmas break, the players need to start preparing for the second part of the league campaign in a best possible way.

"We believe that Malta is the ideal place to have a six-day training camp. The island is close to Italy and the weather is usually mild."

Blanc paid tribute to the efforts put in by Renaissance Productions Limited in convincing Juventus to choose Malta as venue for their winter training camp.

"I have to thank Renaissance Productions for giving us this possibility of doing a training camp in Malta," Blanc commented.

"Moreover, we know that Malta is a country where Juventus enjoy a great following.

"In fact, it is estimated that there are 20,000 Bianconeri fans in Malta and the supporters' club there is one of the biggest in the world.

"I also want to thank Michael Sciriha for his sterling work. At every home match, there are usually between 40 to 50 Maltese fans at the stadium and that shows the popularity Juve enjoy in Malta."

Great enthusiasm

Sitting alongside Blanc, a beaming Tabone said: "We are indeed grateful to Juventus for giving us the opportunity to host them in Malta next January.

"The expectations for this exercise are high and Gianluca Pessotto's visit to the islands recently stirred great enthusiasm among the Juve fans.

"Our hope is that this initiative is not just a one-off but the start of a long-term relationship with Juventus.

"In fact, we are exploring other ways of co-operation between us, like the opening of a Juventus soccer school in Malta as well as introducing the concept of the Juventus store."

Juventus had originally planned to spend four days in Malta but after discussions with the organisers, they have now decided to extend their stay to six days.

During their sojourn in Malta, Juventus will play a friendly match against Premier League side Valletta, described by Fassone as "la squadra storica di Malta" on Wednesday, January 9.

Le Meridien Hotel in St Julian's will serve as base for the Juventus squad during their stay.

times of malta

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    i've decided reb, everytime you post an article written in Malta, you should give me 1000 points :D its only fair

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #40
    mich dyu know any details? were they will be training and wot they'lle be doing?
    Are you serious with asking Cutajar and waiting for a useful reply from him??:shocked:

-----------------------------------------

Juventus choose Le Meridien

Juventus have chosen Le Meridien St Julians as their base during their forthcoming stay in Malta, the hotel said yesterday.

The bianconeri will be attending a training camp in January and will go head to head with Valletta FC at Ta' Qali.

On October 28, the hotel held a reception at the Ku Dé Ta Bar and Lounge in honour of former Italian football star Gianluca Pessotto and the Maltese Vero Amore Supporters Club.

Another high-profile Italian guest of the hotel recently was DJ Gigi D'Agostino.

Times of Malta

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)