Juventus, team of 2002 (1 Viewer)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
The Milan clubs may have ended 2002 at the top of the table but Juventus have finished the year as top dogs in many areas.

Despite the Bianconeri’s stuttering form of late, they still bagged more points in the solar year than any other Italian side.

Marcello Lippi’s men collected 72 points in 33 games, four more than Inter and 11 ahead of Milan and Lazio.

The Turin giants also won the most games in 2002, as well as losing the fewest with defeats against Parma, Brescia and Lazio.

The Bianconeri also proved to be the best defensively as they conceded just 22 League goals in the last 365 days.

However, Inter did top one table as they scored more goals than any other as they found the back of the net on 62 occasions – two more than Juve and Lazio.

Nerazzurri ace Christian Vieri also proved to be the deadliest striker of the past year. He’s scored 23 goals, six more than Alex Del Piero of Juventus.

• Points table 2002
    72 Juventus
    68 Inter
    61 Milan
    61 Lazio

Most wins 2002
    21 Juventus
    20 Inter
    17 Milan
    17 Lazio

Least defeats 2002
    3 Juventus
    5 Inter
    5 Roma
    6 Milan

Most goals 2002
    62 Inter
    60 Juventus
    60 Lazio
    53 Chievo

Least goals conceded 2002
    22 Juventus
    25 Milan
    35 Inter

Top scorers 2002
    23 Christian Vieri (Inter)
    17 Alex Del Piero (Juventus)
    16 Vincenzo Montella (Roma)
    16 Julio Cruz (Bologna)

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    ++ [ originally posted by JuVe!! ] ++
    Great article Dpforever but where is trezeguet in the top scorers list.

:strong: 4Za JuVe :strong:

Treze scored most goals in the 2001 part of last season .. and he also missed the complete 2002 part of this season .. So, it actually makes sense that he didn't make it to the list !

OP
    dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    Such lists give a completely wrong vision of the truth as it spans across two seasons! This means nothing if you ask me!

Try telling that to Mr. Lippi :rolleyes:

He used it (list) in the press conference after the Perugia game .. saying he's satisfied with Juve, and no team can give 100% in the span of 10 months .. there are ups and downs, and we're obviously down at the moment .. but we'll be back up there :)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
    Try telling that to Mr. Lippi :rolleyes:

He used it (list) in the press conference after the Perugia game .. saying he's satisfied with Juve, and no team can give 100% in the span of 10 months .. there are ups and downs, and we're obviously down at the moment .. but we'll be back up there :)
    He actually used stats from a season when we won Lo Scudetto to make this season look better? Tsss....

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
    Dec 23, 2002
    Juve must be always on the top but if we see the team that scored more, its inter because their forwards have better qualities than our forwards....

in juve we have del piero, trezigoal, salas, di vaio and zalayta
    in inter they have vieri, crespo, ventola, kallon and recoba

if lippi can activate salas and replace zalayta with miccoli .... our attack will be unstoppable:fero::devil::fero:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Why replace Zalayeta? To tell the truth I think Zala has been more reliable than Di Vaio or Salas,the former who has been very inconsistent and the latter who just hasn't done anything right.

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
    Dec 23, 2002
    salas is better than zala if lippi can return his real form, and di vaio, in less than 4 months, did what zalayta did not do in 4 years!!!!

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
    Dec 23, 2002
    yes this is his fourth year .............. his first two years, he was in the reserve team and he went on loan for a team i dont know its name now!!??

OP
    dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #14
    12/30/2002. Juventus coach Marcello Lippi has reflected on a very successful year for the club.

"I could not ask more," he said. "We are the team who have had the most wins, 72, have gained the championship and Supercoppa and we are positioned well in the Champions League.

"We can open a new era, we do not need reinforcements. I already have an agreement with the club, I will renew the contract. The National team? I'll think about it after Juve."

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Ahmed ] ++
    yes this is his fourth year .............. his first two years, he was in the reserve team and he went on loan for a team i dont know its name now!!??
    i believe he went on loan to Sevilla.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)