Juventus stocks record fall (1 Viewer)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
That's a very normal thing after the sudden resignation of the Board of Directors...

It can happen in any company in the World, not only in Juve...

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
mikhail said:
Or not. The club's revenue streams could be devastated rather soon, and with no income to cover the wages, a lot of players would have to go on a free.
How Ironic would that be, a club who once under moggi bought all there players on free will now be releasing there players on free.. This stuff gets depressing day by day. I wish it ends soon.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
mikhail said:
Or not. The club's revenue streams could be devastated rather soon, and with no income to cover the wages, a lot of players would have to go on a free.
This could happen, but highly unlikely. IF the Triade's were the owners of the club I say yes, but since they are management then I don't see a big financial crisis happening, atleast not in the near future.

Just to prove something, the stocks this morning dropped to 1.833 and now they are at 2.022 thats already a 10% increase ;)

They graph was a sudden drop at 9:03 am then a shocking upgoing curve at 10:04 am till it reached 2.043 (which means someone big came a bought all stokcs at cheap, hint hint maybe the agnellis) then dropped again for normal daytrading and fluctuates between 1.987 and 1.946 between the 11 am till 1 pm. When it grew back again to 2.022.
Actually this thing could be good for Juve's stock market. Who knows.
Juve entered the stock market in 2001 the price was initially @ ~3.6 then it reached its botton in mid 2002 due to the terrible financial situation at FIAT if you guys remember it was during that time when even the Agnelli's especially Umberto told Lippi to try to use young players and try not to think about buying players from other teams. (1.230)
The stock then started to grow again due to FIAT solving some of ther problems.
Then started to go down early 2003 for the death of Gianni Agnelli till it reached very close ~1.3 . Stock then continued to fluctuation till early 2006 when it struck high.. very high reaching 2.4 in a matter of months due to signing contracts with TV companies and so.

Basically we might see fluctuations in the next month but if it made a good dip again it might be a good time to buy. And for those who bought at 1.8 they might have purchased at a very good price..
Thats ofcourse providing nothing more happens.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Actually the value of the shares only comes into account when a shareholder wants to sell his stocks or when dividend is payed, right?

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
mikhail said:

But we're Juventus not Siena boy. :smoke:

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
Elnur_E65 said:
Nothing will happen to the revenue streams.

Everything will be just fine.
exactly...
i am very positive that this story will leave some woonds,but it will have happy end...

we are juventus....it can't happen differently!

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Mr. Gol said:
Actually the value of the shares only comes into account when a shareholder wants to sell his stocks or when dividend is payed, right?
Only when that small portion of shares is traded on the market... or if the holding organization (here Juventus) wants to make an additional public (or private) offering to raise more cash.

Stocks are really worthless in football. I don't know what jerk started this trend of football clubs going public, but whoever it was had to be a very cynical bastard. Stocks are driven entirely by profits. Football clubs aren't -- at least to the extent that winning championships is the ultimate goal for them. Otherwise you have teams like NBA's L.A. Clippers that manage to win nothing (until this season perhaps) and sit on a nice, fat paycheck from league participation with limited costs.

Whoever decided to take a football club public had to think, "These people are idiots -- we will sell our impassioned fans the opportunity to give us more money in exchange for something that makes little business sense in terms of profitability!"

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
This actually is a great time to purchase shares of Juventus.

You want to own a piece of the club you love, right? We do not buy shares in a football club to make money, let's face it football club shares are pretty bad as investment instruments. We buy shares because we love the club, and we can feel that, as owners, a part of that victory is ours. So, why not buy up as many shares as we can when the price dips low, low, low.

It is also a great way to show the club that the fans still back them.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
The Pado said:
This actually is a great time to purchase shares of Juventus.

You want to own a piece of the club you love, right? We do not buy shares in a football club to make money, let's face it football club shares are pretty bad as investment instruments. We buy shares because we love the club, and we can feel that, as owners, a part of that victory is ours. So, why not buy up as many shares as we can when the price dips low, low, low.

It is also a great way to show the club that the fans still back them.

..but if it's for club love that you're buying (e.g., look at what John Elkann represents, it's certainly not for profits), Pado is right: this is the time to buy. :)

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
swag said:
..but if it's for club love that you're buying (e.g., look at what John Elkann represents, it's certainly not for profits), Pado is right: this is the time to buy. :)
I try to look at what Lapo Elkann represents and hope that he cuts me in on some of that sweet Tranny action.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
The Pado said:
I try to look at what Lapo Elkann represents and hope that he cuts me in on some of that sweet Tranny action.
Coincidentally, I hear the market for tranny-fit pantyhose (for that little extra space in the crotch) has gone through the roof!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)