Juventus Set To Sign Di Biagio (1 Viewer)

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
Juventus Set To Sign Di Biagio

Juventus Coach Claudio Ranieri is lining up a shock move for veteran ex-Italy international Luigi Di Biagio.

The horrific injury sustained by star defender Jorge Andrade is not only likely to keep the Portugal international out for the rest of the season but there are reports that it may end the player’s career.

Andrade suffered a suspected snapped knee ligament early in the second half against Roma yesterday and the injury has left Juventus with a crisis in defence.

The Bianconeri are in desperate need of a central defender and had to make do for almost the entire second-period against Roma with the rather shaky-looking centre-half partnership of Nicola Legrottaglie and Alessandro Birindelli.

Although Juventus seem certain to bid for Serbian youngster Branislav Ivanovic during the January transfer window, La Gazzetta dello Sport claims that Ranieri is looking for an immediate solution in the form of Luigi Di Biagio.

The 36-year-old is a free agent and would be available to join the Bianconeri immediately. Di Biagio spent most of his career as a midfielder but switched to a centre-back after joining Brescia in 2003.

The Lazio youth-product has had a long and distinguished Serie A career, representing the likes of Foggia, Roma and Inter in Italy’s top-flight. He also won 31 caps for the Azzurri playing in two World Cups and one European Championship. However a move to the Bianconeri at this stage of his career would be an almighty shock.

Carlo Garganese

Link

Buy on AliExpress.com

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
my god officially desperate and have no faith in the current roster

on another note, why are we going to get another youngester when we need an experienced CB ? I mean the serbian fellow here

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
We're not that desperate right?

Grygera, Criscito, Zebina, Legrottaglie, Boumsong(when he gets back) and Chiellini can all play there and are not worse than unemployed Di Biagio.

When the transfer market open then we could go for a TOP CB.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
..."The three outsiders to get the call to Turin are experienced trio Paolo Negro, ex-Juve man Mark Iuliano and ex-Azzurri star Luigi Di Biagio."

-Channel 4

I think I'm going to kill myself....

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
..."The three outsiders to get the call to Turin are experienced trio Paolo Negro, ex-Juve man Mark Iuliano and ex-Azzurri star Luigi Di Biagio."

-Channel 4

I think I'm going to kill myself....
Media BS.

Just remember all the players we were linked with in the summer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)