Juventus - Reggina (1 Viewer)

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Well, I hope the players are back again in top-form for 2003!
Wishes: Tudor with Montero in centre defense!!!
Strikers in top-form!

I predict a 3-0 win! Hopefully our best defender, Tudor, comes back!

Reza

Jul 13, 2002
we have no difficulty ,right !? :cool:
wrong ,

a draw or a lost would riun this season ,and i think we should
overcome such these teams couse predictably we have problem
winning big teams.

Anastacia

Jul 12, 2002
hello everyone. i hope ur all doin well wherever you are:) i really miss those damn serie a games:) hope we could get back to winning ways, starting against reggina.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Juventus are seemingly back on track and hope to take maximum points from the relegation strugglers, but it is in these games that they have tripped so far this season.

The Bianconeri have shown an alarming tendency to fall a goal behind at the Delle Alpi against smaller sides, snatching points off Como, Udinese and Bologna with a great deal of difficulty. Even the win at Perugia in their last match of 2002 was only grabbed in stoppage time, but these results are certainly a testament to Juve’s fighting spirit.

David Trezeguet is almost back to full fitness following his knee problems and may be allowed his first Serie A start of the campaign. Marco Di Vaio and Marcelo Zalayeta did not impress during last week’s mini tour of the United Arab Emirates and Alessio Tacchinardi is injured, so once again the onus is on Alessandro Del Piero and the indefatigable Pavel Nedved to inspire the squad.

Reggina are showing signs of improvement following a disastrous start to their campaign. New Coach Gigi De Canio has given the side more structure, ensuring that Japanese international Shunsuke Nakamura is not the only source of creativity.

These two teams already played in the Coppa Italia earlier this year and it was far from an easy ride for Marcello Lippi’s men, eventually losing 1-0 in Turin.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus: (Probable) Buffon; Thuram, Montero, Pessotto; Camoranesi, Conte, Davids, Zambrotta; Nedved; Del Piero, Trezeguet.

Reggina: (Probable) Castellazzi; Jiranek, Cirillo, Franceschini; Cozza, Paredes, Mozart, Falsini; Nakamura; Savoldi, Di Michele.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Is Tacchi suspended or something? If not, swap him for Conte certainly! And lets hope pessotto can hold firm in there at the back :strong:

I predicted a win :eek: dunno why :D

kristian1199

Aug 2, 2002
My line-up against Reggina: (from right to left)!
Buffon; Birindelli, Thuram, Montero, Pessotto; Zambrotta, Davids, Camoranesi; Nedved; Del Piero, Trezeguet!

WOW!!! That team Rocks :thumb: !!!

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
not very well in a three man central midfield, but in the original
3-4-1-2 they would be good on the wings I think, though I still prefer Zenoni to Zambrotta :stuckup:

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
Is Tacchi suspended or something? If not, swap him for Conte certainly! And lets hope pessotto can hold firm in there at the back :strong:
Tacchi is not suspended he is doubtful because of a back injury ..

++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Zambrotta and Camoranesi? How would that work?
It could work if Zambro played in the left .. Lippi used this formation a couple of times ..

++ [ originally posted by juvelover] ++
zalayeta traveled with the team !!
i thought he was in turin!!
Football Italia had this wrong, Zala didn't travel with the team in the first place (he stayed in Turin) ;)

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
Juventus hasn’t played yet any official match this year but 2003 already started with a lot of new things. First the tour in Arabia and then the relocation from the Comunale stadium to the Via Sisport football ground in Via Olivero, which will be the new training site until the Sports Centre in Vinovo is finished.

From today, then, Juventus is back to normality, with the usual preparation for the official matches and bianconeri are ready with the best intentions, as Lippi explained: “There’s the awareness of being still in all the competitions and we want do the everything it takes to go on. We have great ambitions even if we know it’s the same for the other teams”.

The 2003 will start first with the Serie A match against Reggina, and then with the two matches against Perugia for the Coppa Italia-Tim Cup quarterfinals, waiting for the Champions League, which will start again at the half of February.

Many goals, all to be pursued with all the energies. “It won’t be a kind of rush – Lippi added – But we have to start strongly right from the start to remain in all the competitions till the end. A fight among four teams? With three points for each victory everything might happen: I wouldn’t be surprised by a Roma’s comeback, for example. I don’t know how much the January transactions could be important because I don’t know the other teams’ projects. But I know what we’ll do: our deals will be the full recovery of Tudor, Trezeguet, Pessotto and Conte”.

In the meanwhile Marcello Lippi spoke again about the tour in Arabia: “An experience to repeat, it was surely useful for us. Last things to take in consideration were the two friendly matches. The mental rest, the wheater, the calm of the situation, the strenghtening in the group were the most important things. These were the good and useful things, and to rest a bit mentally, but we also worked a lot under the physical point of view”.

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
I say we win this game! It won't be easy, as the last couple or matches prove, but I'm confident we are able to do so. We lost to Reggina in the second leg of Coppa Italia, but that was because we played with a reserve team which earlier won 2-0 and was quite confident of qualifying for the next round.

The best player they have I think is Nakamura. If we enable him to do his stuff, mainly create scoring chances, we should win this game confidently. The whole team must however be very focused and not do any silly mistakes. The defence and midfield must be solid, and Trez and co must score from the chances they get up front.

Then we'll win...:stuckup::D

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
juve 1-1 como
juve 1-1 bologna
juve 2-2 parma

don't get too optimistic guys!
though i think we should win this one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)