Juventus receives fine from UEFA (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
Not having a go tom, but i really dont get that.... whatever happens my support for my country will never change.... supported with the utmost passion til the day i die as with juve whether serie a or c2 , makes no difference to me!
I think its something to do with the fact that the guys that represent our country just don't appear to be playing for the shirt. They should be damn proud to represent England, but their mediocre performances of late (outclassed and outfought by australia for instance) hardly inspire patriotism

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
I think its something to do with the fact that the guys that represent our country just don't appear to be playing for the shirt. They should be damn proud to represent England, but their mediocre performances of late (outclassed and outfought by australia for instance) hardly inspire patriotism
That was a friendly - wait till you miss the World Cup because you lost to the Irish! Makes you want to migrate, I tell you!

Wait, I actually DID migrate! :D

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
That was a friendly - wait till you miss the World Cup because you lost to the Irish! Makes you want to migrate, I tell you!
nothing against the aussies can ever be considered a friendly. The way the so called 'A team' went about it in the first half was just unbelievable. They were actually treating it like a chore rather than something they should look forward to and try their best in

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002

Above all you shouldnt need inspiration for patriotism it should be part of you.

I know what your saying though about the shirt.... personally i see this as the negative a non english manager has brought with him.... prior to svens arrival i cannot remember seeing an england side play without passion even if we were crap... it is something we were allways known for and many good outings were purely down to that rather than our ability..... this is why i am and always will be opposed to anything other than an english manager.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I would say so, yes. The old rivalry with Germany seems to have been flettened a bit, since we caned them so convincingly in their own back yard.

Whereas the aussies demolish us in cricket, tennis, rugby (except at fortress twickenham) , and now football!

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
I would say so, yes. The old rivalry with Germany seems to have been flettened a bit, since we caned them so convincingly in their own back yard.

Whereas the aussies demolish us in cricket, tennis, rugby (except at fortress twickenham) , and now football!
And then there's the whole 'former-colony' thing so enough political background for a real fierce rivalry! Should be interesting to keep an eye on, being an outsider... :cool:;)

The problem with the Anglo-German rivalry is that the Germans don't and never did 'hate' you whereas they completely despise us.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
I know what your saying though about the shirt.... personally i see this as the negative a non english manager has brought with him.... prior to svens arrival i cannot remember seeing an england side play without passion even if we were crap... it is something we were allways known for and many good outings were purely down to that rather than our ability..... this is why i am and always will be opposed to anything other than an english manager.
I actually now agree with this view. Initially, under Sven we were doing OK, I was prepared to ignore this for a while. Recently though we have been utter tripe. There is certainly not a lack of quality (except with the likes of campbell) on the whole we have some top quality players.

They obviosuly don't have their heart in it anymore, which is sad, and I agree the manager has to take some of the blame. Under Keegan, Hoddle etc at least they gave 100% effort, despte the fact they were often poor. Noways I get the distinct impression they aren't even trying to win games.

I must say the players must take some of the blame. Beckham is not an ideal captain, we need somebody to stir the troops, give them a roasting. I think we miss Shearer in that respect, but Gerrard could do it IMO

Jul 12, 2002
The problem with the Anglo-German rivalry is that the Germans don't and never did 'hate' you whereas they completely despise us.
The German's don't hate anybody! Especially not any western european nations.

Jul 12, 2002
I don't know why I still bother...
I know why. It's because I'm the only person you've ever met who just may love the Netherlands more than you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)