Juventus player wins prestigious award (1 Viewer)

OP
Kaiser Franco
Dec 27, 2003
  • Thread Starter #21
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    you got to admit though that it will be tough for anybody to beat the prestige of 2003 winner
    This makes me formulate an hypothesis :

Since Rivaldo won the award last year and Milan eventually grabbed the scudetto, wouldn't Juve win it this year - as looks feasable though far from accomplished - and wouldn't we in the coming years witness another of those repetitive coincidences of football (a la Trofeo Berlusconi in the 90's) ?

Buy on AliExpress.com
    Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++

This makes me formulate an hypothesis :

Since Rivaldo won the award last year and Milan eventually grabbed the scudetto, wouldn't Juve win it this year - as looks feasable though far from accomplished - and wouldn't we in the coming years witness another of those repetitive coincidences of football (a la Trofeo Berlusconi in the 90's) ?

good point. is the trofeo berlusconi still standing ?

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
    I'll be the first to congratulate him...

Congrats Legro for being the biggest flop of 2004:D

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Hopefully, its an award that Juve will realize the importance of. And sell Legro to the highest bidder: his family, perhaps.

erado

Nov 2, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Alucard Belmont ] ++
    I hope Cappelo give Legro another chance. last season downfall is not his sole responsbility.
    Truth is some ways. Davids is also badly needed last season ..

Geof

May 14, 2004
    Rivaldo is playing quite good in Greece isn't he?

What team does he play for? Is it Olympiakos or Panathinaikos?

OP
    Kaiser Franco
    Dec 27, 2003
  • Thread Starter #34

Yes, but the jinx (whoever loses the trofeo then wins the scudetto) has been broken
    Actually the jinx was : whoever wins the trofeo (between Milan and Juve) then sees the other team win the scudetto.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

Actually the jinx was : whoever wins the trofeo (between Milan and Juve) then sees the other team win the scudetto.
    To be more accurate, it's: "whoever wins the trofeo Berlusconi does not win the scudetto." It doesn't say that the scudetto is between Milan and Juve.

Juve won the trofeo in 1999 and 2000 and ended up losing the scudetto to Lazio(99/00) and Roma(00/01) respectively.

OP
    Kaiser Franco
    Dec 27, 2003
  • Thread Starter #37
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

To be more accurate, it's: "whoever wins the trofeo Berlusconi does not win the scudetto." It doesn't say that the scudetto is between Milan and Juve.

Juve won the trofeo in 1999 and 2000 and ended up losing the scudetto to Lazio(99/00) and Roma(00/01) respectively.
    Yes, but I am referring to the period stretching from 1992 to 1999, which was marked by the Milan-Juventus duopoly and also corresponded with the a long streak of jinxes (happening 4 or 5 times in a row between 94 and 99 or so)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    I guess so. But who else was to win the scudetto anyways in that period?! :D

My description is more general and made the jinx go on until juve broke it in 2001.

OP
    Kaiser Franco
    Dec 27, 2003
  • Thread Starter #40
    ok point taken. But it would be the exact opposite to a trend that sees the team of the player elected Golden Flop win the scudetto at the end of the season.

Which again will happen if and only IF Juventus win this year.

Jesus, I can really see that today is my day off:wth:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)