Juventus Next Gen (14 Viewers)

Jun 16, 2020
No buyback on him?
Apparently not. Over the last few years this is the first time that I’m a bit disappointed by a youth sell. Obviously hard to say if he becomes ‘Juve level’, but current day Juve has attackers like Kean and Milik, so becoming Juve level isn’t some elite thing anymore.

Since our scouting is very good I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, at the other side the buying club already indicates that he’s a talented young player.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
will be interesting to see who fills out the front line this coming season. Pecorino got loaned out as well and it looks like Cudrig will be as well. That leaves them with Yildiz, Mancini, Da Graca, Cerri, and maybe Kaio Jorge?

I'm hoping Yildiz is used as a 9.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Kudos to him, have some of my love! Came here to share that too. I was also thinking how fortunate he was that his mother gave him away. I assume she didn't have the capacity at the time to take care of him. And I don't know anything about this disease but had he picked it up in Guinea under those circumstances I wonder if he'd be so lucky. That being said, it does not diminish his hard work and immense will power. I'm so glad for him that he made it all the way back!

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Happy to have see him recovered. An amazing recovery and it will make an even better story when strength by strength he breaks into the first time and becomes a renowned player.

There were many heartwarming moments in that video but nothing can make you feel prouder of how we took responsibility for him and stuck by him. That's Juve, a family. :touched:

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
find it somewhat interesting they took Daffara on the tour. Heard some good things about him but never really watched him play. Wonder if he’s jumped ahead of Garofani. He’s only 18.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Damn. What a story. The guy is a champion just for coming back.

It hits close to home too, because back in August 2021 I woke up one morning and my lower calves no longer worked. I don't think I may have had Guillain–Barré syndrome, but there is still a chance it might have been as I never got a full diagnosis. I suspected it was either auto-immune or viral in origin.

My situation was much less severe. I fell down stairs trying to force myself to walk again, but otherwise the numbness and muscle atrophy was restricted to just my lower legs and some fingers on my hands. Pretty freaky. The recovery took months, but I was at least able to struggle walking again after about 2 months. So my heart goes out to the guy.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Damn. What a story. The guy is a champion just for coming back.

It hits close to home too, because back in August 2021 I woke up one morning and my lower calves no longer worked. I don't think I may have had Guillain–Barré syndrome, but there is still a chance it might have been as I never got a full diagnosis. I suspected it was either auto-immune or viral in origin.

My situation was much less severe. I fell down stairs trying to force myself to walk again, but otherwise the numbness and muscle atrophy was restricted to just my lower legs and some fingers on my hands. Pretty freaky. The recovery took months, but I was at least able to struggle walking again after about 2 months. So my heart goes out to the guy.
Hopefully you don’t have anything serious. Glad you’re on your feet again

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Hopefully you don’t have anything serious. Glad you’re on your feet again
Thanks, mate. :heart: Yeah, the whole thing was and still is bizarre.

Like I'd be joking with friends like, "Remember that time when I woke up and couldn't walk for two months?"

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Giovanni Daffara is gonna be an interesting player to follow this season, as he's expected to be the starting GK for next gen. He's only 18, was the primavera starter last season (as well as youth league) before making cameos with next gen. I've only background watched him but the scouting report on him suggests a lot of potential: mature for his age, good with his feet, tall, athletic, and good in penalty situations (saved 3/7 last season)

He got called up for the tour so hopefully he gets some minutes, but even if he doesnt, he'll be someone to keep an eye on as the season progresses. Maybe he develops into that young backup we're looking for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)