Juventus Next Gen (17 Viewers)

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Salty? The correct term is disappointed, even defeated by the fact that the only constant about Juve is not being able to produce top players from the primavera. I've enjoyed trophIes and victories, I suffered painful defeats and a relegation. There have been ups and downs with Juve. But with primavera, it's a constant disappointment.
Did you seriously compare our primavera to Barcelona's primavera that produced Messi, Xavi and Iniesta?

I hope one day we'll completely stop wasting money on primavera and next gen shit. Just buy youngsters from other teams, like we did with Pogba, Coman, Dybala or Morata.
Not sure if you're trolling or what. If producing top talents was an easy thing to do probably you would have people investing heavily in youth development seeing the transfer fees being thrown around.
La Masia and two other B teams I mentioned exist for ages while we have just initiated the project. Still, we already started to see the fruits of our work with players like Miretti, Fagioli, Iling, Soule, Barrenechea etc being promoted to the first team. I agree they're not the world beaters, at least not yet, but they are capable of doing the job that we had to buy players to do like Rincon, Matri, Padoin, Lemina, Bendtner etc. So the advantage is clear to see. We don't have to spend on transfer fees and contracts that more experienced players require. What's more, those youngsters are usually home grown so they don't occupy the positions on the lists. The last benefit is that some of them can become very good players in the future.
For me it's clear that the project has been a success so far with the potential to be much more beneficial for Juve.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Still, we already started to see the fruits of our work with players like Miretti, Fagioli, Iling, Soule, Barrenechea etc being promoted to the first team.
I think you're too optimistic here. These guys are getting their playing time only because our team is bad, just like Marchisio, De Ceglie and Sorensen got their minutes only because the team sucked when they were given the first chance. No way they'd be given these minutes if we had the teams from 2012-2020.
And not because they're young, but because they're not good enough. Pogba and Morata were Fagioli's age when they started in the 2015 CL final, and Allegri was their coach. Dybala too was Fagioli's age when he had a 32 G+A season for a scudetto winning Juve. So, it's not about the age. It's about the quality we fail to produce in our youth sector ever since I started following Juve (Marchisio and perhaps Immobile being the exceptions). We had top quality youngsters, but none came through our youth sector.

But fine, guys. It's your right to expect different result from doing the same thing over and over. We couldn't produce quality in the previous 20 or so years of Juve primavera and the previous 5 years of next gen. Maybe this current generation will be greatness.

Jun 16, 2020
I think you're too optimistic here. These guys are getting their playing time only because our team is bad, just like Marchisio, De Ceglie and Sorensen got their minutes only because the team sucked when they were given the first chance. No way they'd be given these minutes if we had the teams from 2012-2020.
And not because they're young, but because they're not good enough. Pogba and Morata were Fagioli's age when they started in the 2015 CL final, and Allegri was their coach. Dybala too was Fagioli's age when he had a 32 G+A season for a scudetto winning Juve. So, it's not about the age. It's about the quality we fail to produce in our youth sector ever since I started following Juve (Marchisio and perhaps Immobile being the exceptions). We had top quality youngsters, but none came through our youth sector.

But fine, guys. It's your right to expect different result from doing the same thing over and over. We couldn't produce quality in the previous 20 or so years of Juve primavera and the previous 5 years of next gen. Maybe this current generation will be greatness.
While discussing this, we should take the goals of growing youth into consideration. Because honestly what is our end goal? For me it’s sustainability for the club. We don’t need a Ramsey, Bernardeschi, De Sciglio etc with zero resale value while we have the possibility of using the primavera.

Obviously we can’t compare our current primavera with the best days of Barca’s youth sector as they had some generational talents. And this hasn’t been the standard of their youth sector as it isn’t the standard of any club in the world.

Also in my opinion we can basically ignore the primavera from Marchisio’s generation until basically last years when we started using the youth. For the simple fact that the primavera wasn’t any priority in the last decade therefore I don’t think that it’s fair to use it as a argument for the current state of the youth.

I think that we should aim to have between 3 and 5 players who come from the youth in the rol of squad player, they don’t have to be our best players but guys with low wages and who potentially have good transfer value. Everything above that is a bonus. This is probably the most realistic approach.

Besides that, just enjoy the fact that we are using a Miretti instead of a Ramsey on 7m net. I think that we all agree that it brings a level of excitement to the club and that we should continue on this road, without highlighting any specific player.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
We don't need to develop the next Messi or even the next wc starter. If we manage to build rotational players. Good enough to cover for WC starters. So, better than MDS, as an example, although that may not say much. But that way we can sell decently to cover operational expenses but also have lower operational costs in first team squad. Less money spent on MDS-like players and lower salaries.

I believe Fagioli and some that are coming through can be starters, and worst case scenario they can be decent rotational players. Under the right tutor. Really sceptical about Allegri because he is better at getting the most out of someone, spotting talent, but don't see him developing players. They tend to regress under him, especially creative and attacking players.

Really scared about Fagioli's development under mister. I fear he will get molded toward an Ambrosini rather than Pirlo because he prefers the former over the letter. And Fagioli is more towards Pirlo than Ambrosini and I think he can become a really good regista. A starter.

All in all, save money to splash on WC starters. Fill the squad as much as possible with HGs.

Sent from my Samsung via Tapatalk

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
It's a success from the management that we finally have a good youth team that can be relied on for games like this. Between European games, against a relegation contender, 3 academy players start together in midfield. I don't remember ever seeing this at Juve before.

Kean, Frabotta, a couple of matches from players like Raffia, now Fagioli, Miretti, Soule, Iling, Barrenechea...

It's great to see. I hope there are some fullbacks and strikers in the next gen team that can be useful to fill up the team.

This project will save juventus. Next season Yildiz, Nonge, Huijsen, and there could be others. De Winter coming back, another product of the system.
There is a decent amount of hype about Huijsen even outside of Juve media. Is he the highest rated kid? he is a CB right? between him, De Winter, and Riccio I wonder who has the most chances to succeed here, if any.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
This is where we need to put serious resources. In the next 5-10 years we can forget about buying ready made 'top' players with 20 clubs with more disposable income than us.

Surprisingly, it seems to be working out pretty well so far

- - - Updated - - -

They all will. They will be known as DHR, and they will be miles better than BBC.
Watching HDR win a CL final on my HDR TV :tuttosport:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)