Juventus Next Gen (18 Viewers)

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014

They've been saying this for a year or two, so its nice to see multiple home grown players in the first team and hopefully every year they integrate at least a couple. Now I wish they would revisit the idea that players need to be loaned out to Serie B/lower level clubs before sticking with them. Look at Miretti for example. If a kid can play, let him play.

Jun 16, 2020
I listened to the press conference. What the players said was nothing special, the answers you could expect.

But I respect Cherubini and Arrivabene for doing this. They went out in the open and did something what never happened in the clubs history. Can’t even think about any top club that tried this.

Honestly I was really lucky with my timing a few years ago when I decided to follow the youth, now it’s just sitting back, relax and enjoy their progression. It isn’t even specifically Miretti, Fagioli or Soule (although I can’t deny that I’m a Fagioli fan) but the idea of actually using the youth.

Bene said that in the last decade, only 2% of players in Primavera 1 found a Serie A club after their last year in the youth. That are horrible statistics.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I listened to the press conference. What the players said was nothing special, the answers you could expect.

But I respect Cherubini and Arrivabene for doing this. They went out in the open and did something what never happened in the clubs history. Can’t even think about any top club that tried this.

Honestly I was really lucky with my timing a few years ago when I decided to follow the youth, now it’s just sitting back, relax and enjoy their progression. It isn’t even specifically Miretti, Fagioli or Soule (although I can’t deny that I’m a Fagioli fan) but the idea of actually using the youth.

Bene said that in the last decade, only 2% of players in Primavera 1 found a Serie A club after their last year in the youth. That are horrible statistics.
The more players they integrate into the first team, the better. Ideally, the backups would primarily consist of homegrown/younger talent. That way they're not wasting wages on squad players and can make bigger investments in the starting lineup.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Full time |⌛️| In the additional time we got an important point away against Pordenone

Bravi, ragazzi! ⚪️⚫️

#PordenoneJNextGen [1-1] #SerieC

[Juventus Next Gen]

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Mulazzi with his 35th minute red fucked the team last night, but again, these are young players and it's something they learn better in pro games like this.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Mulazzi with his 35th minute red fucked the team last night, but again, these are young players and it's something they learn better in pro games like this.
Only saw the highlights but, yeah that second yellow seemed a bit harsh. I am usually a poor judge on football rules though. Didn't see his first yellow.
Also I agree, the experience is worth millions, literally. From all the highlights it's always visible how young and raw the players are. So many simple mistakes that lead to goals or danger, and easy sitters not sitting.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Stadium Name: Giuseppe Moccagatta
Capacity: 5,827
City: Alessandria
Roughly 120km from Juventus Stadium.

120 Klicks? What the fuck, are they playing in Switzerland?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, how have you just now developed a B team?
Serie A did not allow reserve teams to compete in the league system until 2018

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)