Juventus Next Gen (15 Viewers)

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Oh shit I didn't realise it was an official name change :lol: :lol:

https://www.juventus.com/en/news/articles/from-under-23-to-next-gen-a-new-identity-at-juventus

"A new identity" continues to mean "We're doing everything in English now"

And I refer to my earlier point - under 23 is not 'next gen'. Everywhere else in football it's current gen. Primavera (soon to be rebranded as 'Spring Chickens') is the next generation. This is a team of 21 year olds failing to win Serie C. Last year they were 8th, and got to the last 16 of the Serie C Coppa Italia. Gigantic waste of money.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
And I refer to my earlier point - under 23 is not 'next gen'. Everywhere else in football it's current gen. Primavera (soon to be rebranded as 'Spring Chickens') is the next generation. This is a team of 21 year olds failing to win Serie C. Last year they were 8th, and got to the last 16 of the Serie C Coppa Italia. Gigantic waste of money.
1661608914723.gif

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Oh shit I didn't realise it was an official name change :lol: :lol:

https://www.juventus.com/en/news/articles/from-under-23-to-next-gen-a-new-identity-at-juventus

"A new identity" continues to mean "We're doing everything in English now"

I understand critiques, but not this.

You do release most other leagues have reserve teams that are U23? This is not new concept. Except other leagues like EPL and most European league has their reserve teams face only other reserve teams (exception in la liga), where their reserve teams are officially part of the league hierarchy).

Our version U23 is more fruitful, part of the league hierarchy like in La Liga. Meaning they play against senior teams and get serious experience playing against hard hitting adults, instead of youth players their age.

Apr 9, 2015
I understand critiques, but not this.

You do release most other leagues have reserve teams that are U23? This is not new concept. Except other leagues like EPL and most European league has their reserve teams face only other reserve teams (exception in la liga), where their reserve teams are officially part of the league hierarchy).

Our version U23 is more fruitful, part of the league hierarchy like in La Liga. Meaning they play against senior teams and get serious experience playing against hard hitting adults, instead of youth players their age.
In Netherlands we also have Young Ajax, AZ, PSV and Utrecht in the second division. Youngsters develop really well because they need to deal with more physical and more experienced opponents

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yep, its super duper helpful for young players, this kind of set up vs senior teams, develop them faster. Its immediate promotion from primavera to this, and then more ready for senior team in case of injury (who they often train with), useful when they get to stay together like this.

Previously from primavera (when they too good or too old to stay there) we would loan them out 1 by 1 for years in dozen of teams and directions in lower levels, without getting a chance to get look at them.

And its called u23 team, but we have 12 teenagers in our team. And many who are 20 year old. If I could watch the games, I would tune in to see new signing Besaggio. He looked interesting in YouTube clips.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)