Juventus Next Gen (26 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It still cracks me up how excited players get to beat us (U23) and look so disappointed when they lose lmao.

Ranocchia should stay behind in training and teach Ronaldo how to take a free kick.

Dragusin looks awful in these highlights. Got his contract and now not bothered?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...Dragusin looks awful in these highlights. Got his contract and now not bothered?
would be typical eastern european mentality. or the u23 is not excited anymore since he played ~200 minutes with the big boys :boh:

anyway, just wanted to post this:

1620745143163.png

now that we have a proper team dedicated to supposedly talented players, i really want to see more playtime from our youngsters. ajax and barcelona traditionally have strong homegrown backgrounds, but the fact that even psg and city can use their youth products more than we do is simply embarrassing.

Jun 16, 2020
would be typical eastern european mentality. or the u23 is not excited anymore since he played ~200 minutes with the big boys :boh:

1620745143163.png

now that we have a proper team dedicated to supposedly talented players, i really want to see more playtime from our youngsters. ajax and barcelona traditionally have strong homegrown backgrounds, but the fact that even psg and city can use their youth products more than we do is simply embarrassing.
How much time I wasted :D

At least I’m able to tell my kids that I’ve seen Brighenti

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
WOW! Your pic says it all stat wise showing Juve has had the worst youth system in soccer. It's mind boggling how much of a gap exists. Fault has to lie more on the people above any managers. WhoTF has been finding (scouts?) and signing (even before Beppe, Para?} the youth talent?

These people in charge of getting the kids are either lazy or incompetent or both. Juve just spends money for other club's work and as we can see too much crap has been bought of late.

So question from me is can the U23 club maybe fix the situation in time? Don't know enough, but do any/some/most of the other clubs on the list have a Juve U23 type club to develop players or they just have better personnel finding/signing the kids?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Immobile toss away, keep Zaza, Matri, Quags etc
Marchisio and Mattiello injury(ies), never the same
Spinazzola, Kean, Audero plusvalenza
Rugani trash

There were some names but we don't care about them

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

1620745143163.png

That sort of thing will take some years to come to fruition. Ajax, Barcelona, Man Utd. These are clubs with decades of doing this. Ours is embarrassing but there are maybe 2 or 3 players tops who are worthy of any minutes in our first team.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
That sort of thing will take some years to come to fruition. Ajax, Barcelona, Man Utd. These are clubs with decades of doing this. Ours is embarrassing but there are maybe 2 or 3 players tops who are worthy of any minutes in our first team.
it's not just about the u23 team. spina and kean would have been good enough for the first team, and were still sold for some temporary financial fix. (and let's not even mention pellegrini here.)

we simply have a youth policy which is hard to explain or tolerate.

Jun 16, 2020
I think that the overhaul came 2 or 3 seasons ago. It’s actually quite strange if you think about it, we were in a far better position to allow primavera players some time compared to now, but we totally ignored them in the past. I believe that we would’ve seen a lot more from Fagioli and Dragusin if we had a better season, Pirlo chocked and didn’t kept his promise.

Anyway seeing how much effort is involved in scouting all these young players, and creating the U23, I still believe it’s part of our long term strategy to finally make use of the primavera.

If anything Agnelli lobby to change the rule that players are forbidden to play for the U23 after 5 senior games. It would make life a lot easier as we have to decide when they’re able to play. How is this structured in the other competitions?

I don’t know to much about the youth sector of Barcelona, but I know at Ajax the main system that they use, and will use in the future, is the 433. Having a tactic that doesn’t change, while playing in a farmers league, makes it a lot easier to develop talents and eventually implement them in the senior squad. But developing and selling players is one of their main revenue sources, it’s difficult to compare it with us, even though we should definitely do a lot better.

At this club you just never know. Everything could aswel be a big plusvalenza operation. As for now we surely have between 5 and 10 interesting prospects for the future, if we use Serie A level as the level that we’re aiming for

Last edited:

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Anyway seeing how much effort is involved in scouting all these young players, and creating the U23, I still believe it’s part of our long term strategy to finally make use of the primavera.
They may not have a choice. The football gods will take care of it if the club won’t. But in all seriousness, I expect a couple of u23s to be in the rotation next season. Dragusin for example wouldn’t have signed an extension otherwise imo. He had good clubs after him that have proven to give opportunities to young players (Leipzig)

So along with him I expect guys like Fagioli and Correia to be part of the first team next season while getting a decent amount of playing time.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
it's not just about the u23 team. spina and kean would have been good enough for the first team, and were still sold for some temporary financial fix. (and let's not even mention pellegrini here.)

we simply have a youth policy which is hard to explain or tolerate.
Explanation is pure profit on the books. But I agree, and it also makes sense for European competition.

Jun 16, 2020
They may not have a choice. The football gods will take care of it if the club won’t. But in all seriousness, I expect a couple of u23s to be in the rotation next season. Dragusin for example wouldn’t have signed an extension otherwise imo. He had good clubs after him that have proven to give opportunities to young players (Leipzig)

So along with him I expect guys like Fagioli and Correia to be part of the first team next season while getting a decent amount of playing time.
A step back with not reaching CL might benefit us in that regard.

Still can’t believe how much we’re paying Ramsey and Bernardeschi for the things that they’re showing. Both could’ve been easily replaced by Correia or Fagioli.

It remains a gamble and seeing how many fans reacted after Frabotta’s performance against Inter, some would deliver a lot of criticism to the youngsters. It’s very difficult to find prospects who will deliver immediately, we definitely have to keep that in mind while complaining that we want to see more youth. They will cost us some points. 17 y/o De Ligt costed the Netherlands WC qualification after a horrible performance against Bulgaria for example. Donnarumma made many, many mistakes at Milan. Dragusin gave the opponent about 1 meter space the other day against Pro Patria which led to a goal. It’s not a easy route, but rather that then wasting 7m per year to a mercenary who isn’t able to play 5 consecutive matches.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Explanation is pure profit on the books. But I agree, and it also makes sense for European competition.
i know, still, it's hard to talk about profit when you spend the money on pellegrini or on some overpaid dude's wages like ramsey (or the third of the squad).

profit is what porto is doing with their south american scouting or what ajax did with de ligt. juve operates differently. we splashed the pogba profit on raiola and higuain, then 3 years later, we were desperate to sell higuain, and an other 2 years later, we're ready once again to pay a huge commission to fatty. like the 2-year-old who tasted the white soap, hated it, then will taste the pink soap too, hoping that it will taste much better.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
i know, still, it's hard to talk about profit when you spend the money on pellegrini or on some overpaid dude's wages like ramsey (or the third of the squad).

profit is what porto is doing with their south american scouting or what ajax did with de ligt. juve operates differently. we splashed the pogba profit on raiola and higuain, then 3 years later, we were desperate to sell higuain, and an other 2 years later, we're ready once again to pay a huge commission to fatty. like the 2-year-old who tasted the white soap, hated it, then will taste the pink soap too, hoping that it will taste much better.
That's the importance of making good decisions, sensible planning and working within your means. We are scrambling for plusvalenza because we have made bad decisions, resulting in us pushing guys like Spinazzola and Kean out the door when they could have been useful.

It isn't going to stop any time soon (even if you ignore the CL impact) when you bring guys like Arthur at hugely inflated prices meaning you have to amortise 82m or whatever he cost for the next few years.

The sooner we tidy up the mess we are in, the sooner we can get back to making sensible decisions and stop chasing plusvalenza at every opportunity. Expensive swaps that kick problems down the road are not the solution.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
That's the importance of making good decisions, sensible planning and working within your means. We are scrambling for plusvalenza because we have made bad decisions, resulting in us pushing guys like Spinazzola and Kean out the door when they could have been useful.

It isn't going to stop any time soon (even if you ignore the CL impact) when you bring guys like Arthur at hugely inflated prices meaning you have to amortise 82m or whatever he cost for the next few years.

The sooner we tidy up the mess we are in, the sooner we can get back to making sensible decisions and stop chasing plusvalenza at every opportunity. Expensive swaps that kick problems down the road are not the solution.
The more revenues we got, the more stupid decisions we made.

Jun 16, 2020
With plusvalenza needed, who should we expect leaving?

Probably Rafia, Vrioni, Peeters, Di Pardo and perhaps Marques.

Players away on loan: Wesley, Vlasenko, Frederiksen, Olivieri, Zanimacchia, Beruatto, Ahamada (already bought for 1,5m by Stuttgart) and Toure.

Id expect us to continue with Ranocchia and Correia.

We’ll probably milk the shit out of the U23 in the need of money, but regardless of that there are to many players imo. Besides these guys, many lesser known names as here above.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)