Juventus Next Gen (18 Viewers)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Dybala is the best for me. Otherwise Pirlo! He should sub himself in

- - - Updated - - -

Ive seen Ranocchia shooting set pieces to the moon a few games ago, let’s not exaggerate. He has potential that for sure, but saying that he’s the best at the club is a bridge to far for now
First team - No doubt about it.. It still doesnt mean he is a great FK taker. Its just that we currently dont have one.
Pirlo was one of the best and then came Pjanic who also did it very well until he lost his touch.
Dybala is the type that would score a free kick or two in a season but his conversion rate would be funny compared to someone who does it great.

As for Ronaldo - Him taking our free kicks is nothing but an ego thing as you simply know how his free kicks are going.
On Saturday we had a game and then we were awarded with a free kick. My 4 year old kid sat next to me and I told him what do you think? Will he score or just hit the wall as usual.
Lets say my kid realized the right answer...

Besides Ronaldo is great at poaching goals so as part of the team on the rebound - it would be much better.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 16, 2020
First team - No doubt about it.. It still doesnt mean he is a great FK taker. Its just that we currently dont have one.
Pirlo was one of the best and then came Pjanic who also did it very well until he lost his touch.
Dybala is the type that would score a free kick or two in a season but his conversion rate would be funny compared to someone who does it great.

As for Ronaldo - Him taking our free kicks is nothing but an ego thing as you simply know how his free kicks are going.
On Saturday we had a game and then we were awarded with a free kick. My 4 year old kid sat next to me and I told him what do you think? Will he score or just hit the wall as usual.
Lets say my kid realized the right answer...

Besides Ronaldo is great at poaching goals so as part of the team on the rebound - it would be much better.
Ronaldo taking the FKs is a big joke

Jun 16, 2020
It really is, he is awful at them. But at least when Dybala is playing he steals some off him from the right.

The way I see it is that Ronaldo is worth extra goals each season so it's not so bad that he wastes most of the free-kicks.
Sometimes I think there’s something in his contract that allows him to take all the free kicks. He really sucks in it, somehow forgot how to kick them, young Ronaldo scored a lot free kicks

I can’t blame Dybala for not scoring them, you really want to have some continuity in taking them instead of the current situation. It used to be such a weapon for us, especially with Pirlo, but in general we have a history with good free kick takers.

Its basically what @Orgut said, he should put his ego aside and start taking less of them. Doesn’t matter if it is Ronaldo, it’s costing us goals. Also his poacher argument is a good one.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Wesley joined FC Sion on loan, as expected.

Gabriele Boloca returned from loan at Monza. I noticed Giulio Parodi also left, joining Pro Vercelli (probably part of the De Marino deal).

No official yet on Compagnon, but he did return to Udinese from his loan at Potenza.

The Capone-Beruatto swap with Atalanta is off.

Nicola Mosti went to Ascoli.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Wesley joined FC Sion on loan, as expected.

Gabriele Boloca returned from loan at Monza. I noticed Giulio Parodi also left, joining Pro Vercelli (probably part of the De Marino deal).

No official yet on Compagnon, but he did return to Udinese from his loan at Potenza.

The Capone-Beruatto swap with Atalanta is off.

Nicola Mosti went to Ascoli.
Beruatto has been excellent in serie B this season. Would be a shame to see him sold before getting an opportunity. I like him more than Frabotta.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's Joe Tacopina, no one takes him seriously.

Can you imagine getting upset because a young Italian (Sicilian at that) didn't want to turn down Juventus? He sees us giving some first team minutes to players the same age as him and is going to say "no thanks"?

Seriously deluded.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I updated the first post squad and approximate formation. The team can use one or two strikers at once.

Aké and Dabo look like they could play on either side or more advanced.

Compagnon is a leftie but for Potenza he also played on the right and in the centre, I think he could play on either flank or as an alternative to Fagioli or Rafia.

Lots of options on the right flank (Di Pardo, Barbieri and Lucas Rosa can only play there), even after loaning Wesley, which makes me think that the new guys may mostly play from the left or as secondary attackers.

You can flip a coin on the keepers. I prefer Nocchi but Israel has played more.

Dragusin will obviously be with the first team squad for most of this season, but he would be first choice if available.

We'll see more as time goes on, and I'll update it.

==============================================

pecorino-compagnon-696x391.jpg

BTW we paid €2m for Pecorino, contract until 2025. Compagnon arrives on loan from Udinese with option to buy.

Jun 16, 2020
I updated the first post squad and approximate formation. The team can use one or two strikers at once.

Aké and Dabo look like they could play on either side or more advanced.

Compagnon is a leftie but for Potenza he also played on the right and in the centre, I think he could play on either flank or as an alternative to Fagioli or Rafia.

Lots of options on the right flank (Di Pardo, Barbieri and Lucas Rosa can only play there), even after loaning Wesley, which makes me think that the new guys may mostly play from the left or as secondary attackers.

You can flip a coin on the keepers. I prefer Nocchi but Israel has played more.

Dragusin will obviously be with the first team squad for most of this season, but he would be first choice if available.

We'll see more as time goes on, and I'll update it.

==============================================

pecorino-compagnon-696x391.jpg

BTW we paid €2m for Pecorino, contract until 2025. Compagnon arrives on loan from Udinese with option to buy.
Seems like they’ve made a good competitive squad! It was needed because we were bleeding point without Rafia, Fagioli, Vrioni etc

Jun 16, 2020
Dragusin dribbled diagonal into the midfield, loses the ball, Como scored. Errore gravissimo

- - - Updated - - -

Di Pardo with a badly timed tackle, resulted in a penalty: 2-0

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)