Juventus Next Gen (47 Viewers)

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Dragusin is the closest to serie a imo. Correia might struggle against physicality, he’s kinda small. Then again so was Coman, and wingers don’t particularly have to be physical, so who knows.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We were quicker, faster, smarter. I don’t know if those guys are part-time footballers but it was very nice to see. Good game.
Serie D is officially a semi-pro league but I'd be surprised if many of them are now they are in C.

I read a quote from their coach earlier where he said they would be facing the "best U23 players in Italy". I think they know that our players will often be fitter, quicker and more skillful than most teams in the league but the leveller is always that lack of experience, nous and game management. The team we have assembled now is good enough to be challenging around the top of C.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Rafia was also great indeed. He was such a threat for them. Vrioni with nice shots. Did you like Ranocchia?
This was my first time seeing most of these guys, but yeah Ranocchia seems like he’s got some potential. He seems a couple years away. He’s definitely more intriguing than Peeters though.

Jun 16, 2020
Serie D is officially a semi-pro league but I'd be surprised if many of them are now they are in C.

I read a quote from their coach earlier where he said they would be facing the "best U23 players in Italy". I think they know that our players will often be fitter, quicker and more skillful than most teams in the league but the leveller is always that lack of experience, nous and game management. The team we have assembled now is good enough to be challenging around the top of C.
Based on the players that I actually know and some nice surprises yesterday, yes this could be the year. Arriving in B in the third year of U23’s existence sounds healthy.

Saturday 17:30 is the next match vs Giana Erminio.

- - - Updated - - -

he was bossing tonight, and doing it the entire game. I was like who the fuck is this guy?? I don’t even know what position he was playing, he was all over the place.
He was a AM in 3421, second half Zauli changed Correia as LM and started to play 3412 with Rafia as AM I thought.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
no way this guy should be in serie C, but hey makes me feel good we have a player like that in reserve.
his technique is really superb, i give him that. but serie a isn't only about ball control and dribbles, it's about stamina, tactical awareness and mentality too. apparently pirlo trusts the youngsters, so rafia will get his chance at least in the coppa if he's good enough for the first team. he might also play in the cl as a b-list player, i'm not sure about his eligibility though.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I always thought he was a bit of a 'Taarabt', nice on the eye and lots of natural skill but often doesn't make good choices or a good final pass or shot. A lot of players in Serie C are just hard workers so he runs rings around them in terms of skill, but he was more important in the Coppa Serie C than he was in the league. Maybe more of a clutch player than a consistent one?

He definitely has the skill to play in a top pro league but I can see him ending up back in France or maybe Spain. Would be nice to see him get a few minutes in the first team to create a gif or two.

Jun 16, 2020

- - - Updated - - -

his technique is really superb, i give him that. but serie a isn't only about ball control and dribbles, it's about stamina, tactical awareness and mentality too. apparently pirlo trusts the youngsters, so rafia will get his chance at least in the coppa if he's good enough for the first team. he might also play in the cl as a b-list player, i'm not sure about his eligibility though.
I wish that Pirlo finally change that mentality. The most important thing for now is to get U23 in Serie B. I think that Serie B is a decent competition to grow talent, so many players made switch to Serie A without to much troubles like Immobile, Verratti, Insigne, Castrovilli, Tonali, etc.

Compare us to Barca or Real, guys like Fati and Puig are considered worlds greatest talents after a few nice games with Barca, Real Madrid makes millions every summer by selling and loaning their youth. They totally dominated us in the YL. We should arrive at those heights.

We have enough interesting prospects at the club. Hopefully Pirlo will be the guy who finally opens eyes in Italy.

Last edited:

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014

- - - Updated - - -

I wish that Pirlo finally change that mentality. The most important thing for now is to get U23 in Serie B. I think that Serie B is a decent competition to grow talent, so many players made switch to Serie A without to much troubles like Immobile, Verratti, Insigne, Castrovilli, Tonali, etc.

Compare us to Barca or Real, guys like Fati and Puig are considered worlds greatest talents after a few nice games with Barca, Real Madrid makes millions every summer by selling and loaning their youth. They totally dominated us in the YL. We should arrive at those heights.

We have enough interesting prospects at the club. Hopefully Pirlo will be the guy who finally opens eyes in Italy.
Pirlo has already shown a willingness to give young players a chance ie Frabotta over De Sciglio, so if these kids can play, they will eventually get their chance. I’ve heard Dragusin has been training with the first team recently.

Jun 16, 2020
Pirlo has already shown a willingness to give young players a chance ie Frabotta over De Sciglio, so if these kids can play, they will eventually get their chance. I’ve heard Dragusin has been training with the first team recently.
Yeah let’s hope it. Some players are close to Serie A level imo.

Our general thinking of how to use those guys have to be different. Now that we can make 5 subs conditions are perfect to give them some time on the pitch. Vrioni, Caviglia, Rafia, Fagioli, Dragusin, Frabotta and maybe even Correia, Ranocchia, Marques and Barbieri deserve some chances if they develop nicely during this season.

It would be a big relief if we first look to U23 or U19 before buying other players.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
@U Picciriddu @JuveJay early guesses on odds on promotion?

- - - Updated - - -

^Nevermind, answer is on this page.

Dragusin is a physical freak, not only his size, but the way he moves. He’s also much better on the ball than I would’ve figured. Was playing the Danilo role today and pinging passes all over the field.
So, with ball they're set up like senior side. What's the defensive shape of the team?

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
@U Picciriddu @JuveJay early guesses on odds on promotion?

- - - Updated - - -

^Nevermind, answer is on this page.
I'd say the chances are still slim. Only one automatic promotion spot. A massive play-off bracket that they only just managed to sneak into.

Extremely unlikely that they will finish first but I'd expect a higher play-off finish. Too early to really tell now.

The other issue is that yes of course the team wants to finish as high as possible but the purpose of the U23 is to develop young players, so the coach will include different players more often, which has some impact on results.

Jun 16, 2020
My bet is that we’ll reach Serie B this year.

Besides the difficulties we first faced, creating the team, buying some players here and there, we have a very talented squad now. Lets not forget that basically all those clubs in Serie C don’t have the resources to buy most of our players, besides that we had 3 years to build and we’ve invested a lot.

I think that we have the qualities to beat almost all of them, the obstacle is to keep a young squad 100% focused, and and also using the rights rotations so everyone can develop.

Jul 13, 2010
My bet is that we’ll reach Serie B this year.

Besides the difficulties we first faced, creating the team, buying some players here and there, we have a very talented squad now. Lets not forget that basically all those clubs in Serie C don’t have the resources to buy most of our players, besides that we had 3 years to build and we’ve invested a lot.

I think that we have the qualities to beat almost all of them, the obstacle is to keep a young squad 100% focused, and and also using the rights rotations so everyone can develop.
that would be great, no need to loan young players out somewhere, they would be willing to play in serie b

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)