Juventus Next Gen (55 Viewers)

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Who do you think will be called up to the first team next after Yildiz, Huijsen, and Hans? Any of our FBs/WBs look promising to you?
I guess a lot depends on need, but they took Nonge on tour so he's probably next in line, assuming he doesnt get loaned out as well. I rate him and Hasa the most among the next gen guys.

For wingback, Mulazzi is the most interesting to me as he can play both flanks and is the most modern. There are a couple other wingback prospects but I either havent watched them enough (rouhi) or dont really rate (turicchia)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I guess a lot depends on need, but they took Nonge on tour so he's probably next in line, assuming he doesnt get loaned out as well. I rate him and Hasa the most among the next gen guys.

For wingback, Mulazzi is the most interesting to me as he can play both flanks and is the most modern. There are a couple other wingback prospects but I either havent watched them enough (rouhi) or dont really rate (turicchia)
What about the fb who went on loan to Pisa this year? Do you rate him? Barbieri, I think is the name?

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Seems you follow the system. So what do you think of Mbangula?
I'm always suspicious of these "rising star" types. He has scored some good poacher goals for U19s but I feel like he has a lot of filling out to do. He still very much has the physical characteristics of a teenager to me. One of the reasons Yildiz and Nonge stand out to me is they look like young men. Mbangula looks like a kid to me. I know thats a very "eye test" kind of feedback but it's the best I've got.

He has promise, he's good with the ball at his feet but he's wasteful and plays like a rising star. Best way I can explain what I mean by that is he plays like somebody who has always been advanced for his age. How that translates on the pitch is when they've always been the best on the pitch from u12 to u19 that when they start playing against MEN (in Serie C this year) all of the clever and "easy" things against their fellow teenagers sudddenly aren't 100% effective and they get stonewalled on it. This is how I perceived a lot of Mbangula's struggles MIGHT be with Next Gen. Being thin in frame and still needing to fill out quiet a bit imo, he might get bullied and lose some confidence because he's always been head-and-shoulders above all his competition and now he'll be facing grown, experienced men. He's one of my standouts this year to watch with Next Gen because this is where promisng youngsters stall, when confronted by veterans who have played football for a decade plus.

Last edited:

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I'm always suspicious of these "rising star" types. He has scored some good poacher goals for U19s but I feel like he has a lot of filling out to do. He still very much has the physical characteristics of a teenager to me. One of the reasons Yildiz and Nonge stand out to me is they look like young men. Mbangula looks like a kid to me. I know thats a very "eye test" kind of feedback but it's the best I've got.

He has promise, he's good with the ball at his feet but he's wasteful and plays like a rising star. Best way I can explain what I mean by that is he plays like somebody who has always been advanced for his age. How that translates on the pitch is when they've always been the best on the pitch from u12 to u19 that when they start playing against MEN (in Serie C this year) all of the clever and "easy" things against their fellow teenagers sudddenly aren't 100% effective and they get stonewalled on it. This is how I perceived a lot of Mbangula's struggles MIGHT be with Next Gen. Being thin in frame and still needing to fill out quiet a bit imo, he might get bullied and lose some confidence because he's always been head-and-shoulders above all his competition and now he'll be facing young men. He's one of my standouts this year to watch with Next Gen because this is where promisng youngsters stall, when confronted by veterans who have played football for a decade plus.
Yeah to me hes the biggest wild card of next gen. Like I dont think hes gonna settle in and be "ok." He's either gonna be a really good player, or hes not even gonna make it to top flight, I dont see much in between with him. FWIW, he does look like he's added some muscle. I also wonder if he could play wingback, seems he fits the profile of succesful conversions in the past.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
If Nonge is so good, why didn't they bring him up like Huijsen?
Crowded midfield, he's still super raw but physically dominant. He needs experience to add to his raw potential imo. Also, it helps that we have better players than him in our squad so we don't NEED to bring him up early.

To me, he plays like a young young Pogba and dominates his opponents to that level. If he can put it together, he could be in our squad in a year or two easily.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I see we are playing this season in Serie C Group B.
Anyone has any knowledge regarding who are considered to be the teams to beat?
Strongest teams in our group

Carrarese - 4th last year
Cesena - 2nd last year and Playoff semi finalists
Pescara - 3rd last year and Playoff semi finalists
Perugia - arrive from Serie B
SPAL - arrive from Serie B

With that said, I dont think it matters too much on their strength, minimum we need to do is make top 10 and qualify for playoffs, ideally the higher the better of course

Last edited:

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Seems like he would be Riccio's replacement, who should be going out on loan somewhere. I dont really rate any CB currently with next gen, so Stivanello would instantly become the most interesting prospect. Muharemovic is supposed to be pretty good, but I've barely seen him play and he was injured a lot last season.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Stivanello's agent:

"Riccardo is considered one of the best prospects of his age in Italy, he is a boy who grew up in the youth sector of Bologna who took him from the Cittadella at the age of 14. In agreement with the club, this summer we have decided to send him to play with the grown-ups. There have also been many requests from abroad, but we have never been in a hurry to decide. We were waiting for the best solution."

"Juventus have bought a defender with midfielder's feet, he's a guy who is skilled in building action and always tries to play the ball both short and long. He can be used both as a central defender and as a right-hand man in defense three, then the coach will find the right position on the pitch.He has been national for many years, this year he was called up for the U20 World Cup in Argentina but as a true captain he preferred to stay in Bologna in the Primavera to help his teammates to achieve the goal of salvation. He has shown that he is a true leader"

esclusiva-tj-lazzari-ag-stivanello-convinto-dal-progetto-ng-il-bologna-avra-il-controriscatto-difensore-con-i-piedi-da-centrocampista-sull-accostament-656478

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Juventus Next Gen (3-5-2): Garofani; Stivanello, Huijsen, Muharemovic; Mulazzi, Maressa, Damiani, Hasa, Turicchia; Mbangula, Guerra. Allenatore Brambilla.

A disposizione: Scaglia, Fuscaldo, Nonge Boende, Cerri, Comenencia, Rouhi, Mancini, Citi, Valdesi, Perotti.

Away to Pescara in 15. They are coached by the corpse of Zdenek Zeman.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)