Juventus first team (2 Viewers)

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
What stands out to me is that we actually have very competetent first 11. Buffon, Biri, Thuram, Canna, Zambrotta, Blasi, Olivera, Nedved, Emerson, Trezegeut and Del Piero (The team I would personally start) is a fine group of players. However, there is genuine lack of depth in the team and I think one or two injuries at the back could serious hurt us in the race for Scuddetto. Nonetheless, our depth may not be that lacking as we might think: There are many players who may regain their form.
I think it is reasonable to expect better performances from Tudor, Legro, Appiah and Tach this year. Also Kapo can contribute to this team as a midfielder and striker. And our old dogs may have left one more life in them to contribute for 10-15games IMO.
So the issue for me is how Capello will rotate this team, so that we can keep our starters fresh and get the best of some of our underperfoming old players.

There are flaws in our team, but I think it is reasonable to expect much improved performance from our team this year.

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
++ [ originally posted by bringhomedavids ] ++
I just looked at the squad on juventus.com and Zambrotta isnt listed but they deleted micoli and didnt add cannavaro or Ibrahimović.
Damn that website sucks when are they gona sort themselves out and update thei website like milan or inter.
i agree with the crap website but its all corrected now

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
buffon

thuram cannavaro zambrotta

camoranesi emerson appiah nedved

zladdy trezeguet del piero

....fantastic!:cool:

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
buffon

zebina thuram cannavaro zambrotta

trezeguet del piero

...normal starting line up.....

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
e Juventus B 2004/2005

Chimenti

Birindelli Legrottglie Montero Pessotto

Olivera Tacchinardi Tudor Blasi

Kapo
Zalayeta

grande Juventus 2004/2006

:cool::cool::cool:

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by LEC ] ++
buffon

zebina thuram cannavaro zambrotta

trezeguet del piero

...normal starting line up.....
Where is Olivera... OUT CAMO...!

this is my team :

-----------------Buffon--------------
Zebina----Thuram----Canna----Zambro
Olivera---Emerson---Appiah---Nedved
---------Trezeguet---Del Piero-------

Or

-----------------Buffon-------------
------Olivera---Emerson---Nedved------
--------------Del Piero--------------
----------Trezeguet-----Zlatan--------

we could also use blasi insted of olivera...

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
olivera just plays until camo is back. thats the reality. indeed he has a very good form, but camo is still the better player and....a national player!

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Camo is frustrating player, and he could be very good on his day but we have one two many for that IMO. Giving young boys like Olivera and Kapo won't hurt and good thing is they will push Camo for that starting position so one way or other we can see better performance on that right.
If I a was Capello I would start Biri on the right, and use Zebina as a backup for Thuram or Canna. Firstly, I think Biri provides more natural width on the right hand side with more pace and better crossing, and secondly I reckon Zebina is more comfortable as a CB.
Lastly, it would be interesting to see how Blasi, and Appiah can be used in the squad rotation. I get the impression that Blasi is a head in the packing order but Appiah is a quality backup to have with some potential. He can probably fit into that Olivera role if we need some workate and stealth in the midfield IMO. Anyway, one thing for sure is that we are a lot more deeper and better than last year.
:)

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
I have a feeling Capello will rely on a 4-4-2. Although he will experiment with other solutions such as 4-3-2-1.

I see the first team as:

----------------------Buffon----------------------------

Zebina-----Thuram-----Cannavaro---Zambrotta

Olivera-----Blasi--------Emerson------Nedved
(Appiah)

--------------Trezeguet-Ibrahimovic----------------

Xziz

Aug 26, 2003
I think we have a very good squad, but hopefully we stay free from injuries! but as someone said before i also expect better performances from players like Legro or Appiah!!

and the season is so long, i think most of the players will get there playing time!!

this situation with Camo.. i think at the beginning i would start with Olivera, he had a super Pre SEason and was great in CL (and also Berlusconi) and deserves it, it would be unfair to kick im out only cause Camo is fit!

But i think a competition is really good for Camoranesi!!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
i'd like to see , capello using 4-3-1-2..

P.s some of you talked about Ciro and legro that they should stay home... well i know ferrara has become an old ... but i think he was our best defender last year except Zambo ofcoarse ! anyhow it's all up to capello right now !

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by xziz ] ++
I have a feeling Capello will rely on a 4-4-2. Although he will experiment with other solutions such as 4-3-2-1.

I see the first team as:

----------------------Buffon----------------------------

Zebina-----Thuram-----Cannavaro---Zambrotta

Olivera-----Blasi--------Emerson------Nedved
(Appiah)

--------------Trezeguet-Ibrahimovic----------------

Xziz
dont u guys know that DP will play no matter what... (when he is READY)

JUVESUPPORTER

Aug 25, 2003
-----------------Buffon-------------
------Olivera---Emerson---Nedved------
--------------Del Piero--------------
----------Trezeguet-----Zlatan--------

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :droo:drool:l:

cl here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
there must be at least 5 italian players otherwise we going crazy like real or chelsea...so camo must be in the starting 11, if hes fit..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)