Juventus fight for Tobias Hysén (2 Viewers)

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
FOOTBALL: ECK FIGHTS WITH JUVE FOR TOBIAS

May 18 2005

By Keith Jackson

RANGERS are in a two-way tussle with Italian giants Juventus to snap up the son of former Liverpool great Glen Hysen.

Record Sport understands the Ibrox club have targeted 22year-old Swedish international Tobias Hysen as the man they want to replace Peter Lovenkrands in Alex McLeish's squad for next season.

Senior sources at Ibrox confirmed last night that an approach has already been made to Hysen's current club Djurgardens and a fee of around £1million is being thrashed out.

However Rangers fear that they may have their work cut out in landing the player, who was named Sweden's rookie of the year last season.

It is believed Hysen already has an option to head for Juve and a megabucks contract in Serie A.

A Rangers source said: 'Tobias is a player who interests us greatly and one we have been keeping tabs on for some time.We have made approaches but at this stage no deal has been concluded.

'He's 22, powerful and fast and has a big future in front of him - the kind of player we're looking for at Ibrox.

'But it has come to our attention that Juventus are also keen on him so there is some work still to do.'

If Rangers can tie up a deal for Hysen it will merely hasten the departure of Lovenkrands, who will be one of a number of players pushed out of the exit door as McLeish revamps his group for the new campaign.

A number of clubs have already expressed an interest in taking the Dane and Rangers are keen to secure his sale as quickly as possible to help fund McLeish's latest rebuilding programme

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...ck-fights-with-juve-for-tobias-name_page.html

------------------------------------------------------------

Dont know what to say, I was just impressed with him when we faced Djurgarden. He is talented, but I wonder if he would take a good role at Juventus. Maybe to loan him out? 1m isnt much... He was good against France in the friendly match aswell...

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Daddi

Daddi

Oct 27, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    I have watched him against us in the 2 CL matches. He was really impressive at that time, but we werent so its hard to say. And He was really good against France in the friendly game: France - Sweden.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
    I have watched him against us in the 2 CL matches. He was really impressive at that time, but we werent so its hard to say. And He was really good against France in the friendly game: France - Sweden.
    You think that he will be our good investment for the future?
    He is attacker,right?

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    if he's not as good as Zlatan I dont think we need him, but considering he is swedish, he might do well with Zlatan. I just havent seem enough of him to say we need him.

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    Yes he's one of Swedens most talented players, but IMO he's not Juventus class just yet. He should go the way Zlatan did to a big club. :undecide:

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++
    if he's not as good as Zlatan I dont think we need him, but considering he is swedish, he might do well with Zlatan. I just havent seem enough of him to say we need him.
    He is pretty far from Zlatan, he's got speed and some technique but there are several other more talented players who do.

I don't think Zlatan and Tobias would become friends really. They have grown up in very different parts of Sweden. Tobias had a famous dad and lived in a safe environment in Göteborg while Zlatan had a tough life in the ghetto called Rosengård. The differences are too big I'm afraid.

OP
    Daddi

Daddi

Oct 27, 2004
  • Thread Starter #16
    Zlatan and Hysén are the future of Swedish international football. In the future they might play good together.
    But I haven't seen too much of Tobias to say we should get him or not.
    I want Wilhelmsson in Juve though ;)

difuz

Sep 23, 2004
    he didnt play vs france for sweden, unless it was for u-21.

tbh i dont think he is anywhere near juve class, i can see him play abroad in a leauge below the top three but i dont think he has the potential to play any higher.

i wouldn't say no to wilhelmsson though, he got amazing technique.. almost better than zlatan :)

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
    Zlatan and Hysén are the future of Swedish international football.
    Yeah Rosenberg, Djuric, Hysén and Granqvist are the Swedes in Allsvenskan I believe will go very, very far.

On topic: If we can get him cheap, then why not. He has already performed against a defence a la Juventus alone on top and sveral other teams so I don't doubt he will be real class eventually. Buy, and loan him out.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by pecker ] ++

Yeah Rosenberg, Djuric, Hysén and Granqvist are the Swedes in Allsvenskan I believe will go very, very far.

On topic: If we can get him cheap, then why not. He has already performed against a defence a la Juventus alone on top and sveral other teams so I don't doubt he will be real class eventually. Buy, and loan him out.

Djuric, yes, a real Swede :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)