Juventus Club Australia Logo poll (1 Viewer)

Which logo do you prefer?

• Black and white kangaroo

• Yellow and black kangaroo

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
sutnevuJ

sutnevuJ

Aug 6, 2005
  • Thread Starter #24
    gray said:
    I like the first one...

Are you sure there are no copyright issues? Once you start charging a membership fee and the like, I'd imagine that the powers that be mightn't be too happy with the logo being ripped off
    I guess there's only one way to find out :D

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    voted for second one, because the 1st one is too much similar to the club badge and a supporters' branch logo should have a clear distinction from that, something which the yellow colored sign with the kangaroo in it does to some extent

but to be honest, none of them are very original

Apr 30, 2006
    I take Gray's point on copyright (being an ex-lawyer myself). All logos are the property of Juventus FC, and we would be infringing their copyright strictly speaking. However, a number of precedents appear to exist where DOC Clubs have a version of the logo or the club's symbols as their club emblem, and I would have though if Juventus FC had a problem with that they would have done something about it before now.

For example,

http://www.juventusclubdoctoronto.com/images/banner.png

http://www.juventus.fr/

It's the same with the Man Utd supporters club in Sydney, which also has official recognition, and has adapted the logo for their club. Or the Sydney Collingwood supporters club. It's not rare.

So I'm guessing sporting clubs in general don't have a problem with one of their official supporters clubs (using an adaptation of their logo, esp if they are paying them at leat 1600 euros per year, as is the case with a Juventus Club DOC.

I think it would be different if it were just anybody using the logo, or trying to make money out of it. But Juventus Club DOCs have to be not-for-profit associations, so their is no question of profiting from it either.

So I think that's probably why Juve don't mind clubs using versions of the logo.
    If the club did have a problem, we'd come up with something else.

Personally, as sutnevuJ knows, I like the second one ;) that features the original Australian kangaroo crossing road sign. I agree the first one looks cooler, but I think the second one is more distinctive and different from the club logo, and instantly recognisable as Australian - those signs are Australian icons and unique to this country. And I think that's the purpose of a logo for Juve Club Australia. Having said that, the black one's pretty cool sutnevuJ...:D

OP
    sutnevuJ

sutnevuJ

Aug 6, 2005
  • Thread Starter #31
    FJ_forzajuve said:
    I take Gray's point on copyright (being an ex-lawyer myself). All logos are the property of Juventus FC, and we would be infringing their copyright strictly speaking. However, a number of precedents appear to exist where DOC Clubs have a version of the logo or the club's symbols as their club emblem, and I would have though if Juventus FC had a problem with that they would have done something about it before now.

For example,

http://www.juventusclubdoctoronto.com/images/banner.png

http://www.juventus.fr/

It's the same with the Man Utd supporters club in Sydney, which also has official recognition, and has adapted the logo for their club. Or the Sydney Collingwood supporters club. It's not rare.

So I'm guessing sporting clubs in general don't have a problem with one of their official supporters clubs (using an adaptation of their logo, esp if they are paying them at leat 1600 euros per year, as is the case with a Juventus Club DOC.

I think it would be different if it were just anybody using the logo, or trying to make money out of it. But Juventus Club DOCs have to be not-for-profit associations, so their is no question of profiting from it either.

So I think that's probably why Juve don't mind clubs using versions of the logo.
    If the club did have a problem, we'd come up with something else.

Personally, as sutnevuJ knows, I like the second one ;) that features the original Australian kangaroo crossing road sign. I agree the first one looks cooler, but I think the second one is more distinctive and different from the club logo, and instantly recognisable as Australian - those signs are Australian icons and unique to this country. And I think that's the purpose of a logo for Juve Club Australia. Having said that, the black one's pretty cool sutnevuJ...:D

What he said :)

Except that i like the black one :D

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    The two examples shown by FJ_forzajuve (The Toronto one and the French one) are much better than both of these attempts.

In my opinion, it's quite allright to use to club logo as a basis for a supporters' branch logo but alter it a bit for christ's sake.

The yellow crossing road sign is a start, and the least you could do.

OP
    sutnevuJ

sutnevuJ

Aug 6, 2005
  • Thread Starter #33
    Jem83 said:
    voted for second one, because the 1st one is too much similar to the club badge and a supporters' branch logo should have a clear distinction from that, something which the yellow colored sign with the kangaroo in it does to some extent

but to be honest, none of them are very original
    Good points..

Thank you

Apr 30, 2006
    Jem83 said:
    The two examples shown by FJ_forzajuve (The Toronto one and the French one) are much better than both of these attempts.

In my opinion, it's quite allright to use to club logo as a basis for a supporters' branch logo but alter it a bit for christ's sake.

The yellow crossing road sign is a start, and the least you could do.
    Er, the Toronto one is just a roughly drawn version of the logo with a maple leaf and Roberto Bettega instead of the crown and bull. How is that a "much better attempt"? I'd say ours were not only more professional, but also less cluttered and more distinctive. The road sign is an Aussie icon, as much as the maple leaf is. And it just HAPPENS to be in identical colours to the Juve logo, which I happen to think is pretty cool.

The French one is also the old logo, with just the bull replaced by some other icon, and the word Juventus replaced. Not revolutionary either.

I think either of ours shits all over both of those. But each to their own.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
    I haven't followed the article and do not know if this has been said already before but are you sure this is the logo you want. On that size it's pretts much alright although (in the black logo version) you have to look twice to recognize a difference with the juve-logo. But imagine the logo on a homepage or a member-card or whatever (just look at your avatar). The kangaroo and the texts are not to recognize anymore... i'd think of something completely different of u ask my opinion

OP
    sutnevuJ

sutnevuJ

Aug 6, 2005
  • Thread Starter #40
    FJ_forzajuve said:
    Er, the Toronto one is just a roughly drawn version of the logo with a maple leaf and Roberto Bettega instead of the crown and bull. How is that a "much better attempt"? I'd say ours were not only more professional, but also less cluttered and more distinctive. The road sign is an Aussie icon, as much as the maple leaf is. And it just HAPPENS to be in identical colours to the Juve logo, which I happen to think is pretty cool.

The French one is also the old logo, with just the bull replaced by some other icon, and the word Juventus replaced. Not revolutionary either.

I think either of ours shits all over both of those. But each to their own.
    I'd have to agree with what FJ is saying completely. ours def look a lot more pro than the other examples. They might look simple and look like not much thought has gone into them, but thats the beauty of the australian kangaroo logo :) It just works.

Bare in mind that the point of this post is to get as much feedback as we can.
    It is not set in stone that these are the final designs and ofcourse we will give all our members a say into what the final design will be.

Thank you all for your suggestions and please keep them coming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)