Juventus - Brescia (2 Viewers)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
delpiero, totti, miccoli, vieri, montella, divaio, corradi, di natale etc should all be ahead of baggio

delvecchio plays left wing mostly now for roma, so he ain't really comparable, and besides he didn't play bad last game

Buy on AliExpress.com

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
true but i think he should be given a chance. especially considering he was one of the most skillful forwards in the world at one point.

and add to that he might just make a difference in the squad. u never know....

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
at one point yes, but not now. He is past it, there is no reason to call him up now, he is too old and if he was gonna be called up it should be before now IMO

this debate will rage on it seems

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
it wasn't a mistake in the first place. He's too old, we need to look to the future not the past.
I'm agree with this. Baggio had to be callen 4 the WC, now is no sense... he is the best Italian player ever, what it means to call him 4 a QE or 4 friendschip? I guess he can care less... he played 3 WCs! After the WC Baggio said everythig he had too to Trapattoni, so it means that he couldn't care less about saving the relationschip...

If the realationschip between the 2 was "idialliac" yes Trapattoni could call Baggio 4 some important occasions in which he had problem, like the 2 QE vs Yugoslavia and Galles weare even Doni, Marazzina and Maccarone had to play (not friebdschips in which is OK to try young players). But imagining that the 2 can't even stay in the same room togeder, is no sense.

Anycase this mess caused more problems to Crappattoni than to Roberto belive me... cause even if you can't plan the future on him, he still the most skillfull and he could help him in many occasions...

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I guess this debate will never die, its a pity that Baggio does not officially retire from the Nt so that this can be put to bed.

I am just curious about the ppl who want him back in the Nt, will you also want him to be in Juve's first team as well, if the answer is yes then fine, if its no then its sheer hypocrisy , as you feel he is not good enuff for ur club but he is good enuff for the Nt

He was voted footballer of the year 10 YEARS ago and George Weah who was voted afterwards has retired so has Stoichkov

Why dont you urge Trap to recall Zola and Signori as well as they are having good seasons as well

Its not as if Italy's prob;lem is in attack, its in the midfield and if Baggio could play well there, then I will be all for him being recalled and I totally blame the media for not having a go at Trap with his choice of mfders instead of going on about the unnecessary

Actually Trap is doing Baggio a favour as I would not want him to end up like Mattheus who became an embarassment in the end anwith fans with thier short memories, theyll probably not remeber his heroics in 94

Anyways I have seen Baggio many times this season and I am totally convinced he cannot cope with International football and besides he does not need it at all

Can u actually see Baggio playing with the likes of Tomassi, Di Biagio, Gatusso etc in midfield

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
What should Baggio be called up for when we have guys like Cassano and Montella playing so well?
Looks like he has "problems" also with them, especially with Cassano but who knows? Maybe one day he will call him up... but maybe he is scared to do something bad to Gentile, who ignore him 4 the U21 calling him in the major NT.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW I saw Baggio many times this year and he schowed he still one of the best in his role. Not a runner of course but nobody can pass the ball like him, he really put it in the foot or in the head of his teammates with a millimetric, precision. And he still one of the few able to skip the difenders when they are 1 vs 1. Sure that he's not like he was 10 years ago, but in Italy he is still the most skillfull, and skill is exately what we wuould need, we certainly do not miss runners and defensive mieldfielder.

Anycase, yes... he do not need to play in the NT right now... he is already the best azzurri ever, it wuould be nice to see him at the WC but now is no sense. And at the end it was a favor who Trap did to him, cause 4 a WC hero it will be sad to be involved in a disaster like WC2002. But let me say it 4 an Italian looks crazy too draw or loose important matches like the QE vs Serbia and Wales with Doni and Marazzina playing and Roberto Baggio at home.

IMO he never said "I don't care about the NT anymore" 4 "joking" on Trap cause every single match all the media and fans boder him asking and insisting with Baggio-questions. But bear in mind that after the WC he never said anymore also that he will like to play 4 NT again... he avoid the argument or answer no sense things, and btw is nearly one year that Roby is almost in press silence so nobody has a clue about what he's thinking of the argoment...

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
I guess this debate will never die, its a pity that Baggio does not officially retire from the Nt so that this can be put to bed.

I am just curious about the ppl who want him back in the Nt, will you also want him to be in Juve's first team as well, if the answer is yes then fine, if its no then its sheer hypocrisy , as you feel he is not good enuff for ur club but he is good enuff for the Nt

He was voted footballer of the year 10 YEARS ago and George Weah who was voted afterwards has retired so has Stoichkov

Why dont you urge Trap to recall Zola and Signori as well as they are having good seasons as well

Its not as if Italy's prob;lem is in attack, its in the midfield and if Baggio could play well there, then I will be all for him being recalled and I totally blame the media for not having a go at Trap with his choice of mfders instead of going on about the unnecessary

Actually Trap is doing Baggio a favour as I would not want him to end up like Mattheus who became an embarassment in the end anwith fans with thier short memories, theyll probably not remeber his heroics in 94

Anyways I have seen Baggio many times this season and I am totally convinced he cannot cope with International football and besides he does not need it at all

Can u actually see Baggio playing with the likes of Tomassi, Di Biagio, Gatusso etc in midfield
About baggio- i dont think he deserves a spot on the NT. I think he just needs to be called up ONCE, hoping to lay his ghost to permanently.

He needs to be given a chance to prove himself. A just proposal and one that will appease the fans hopefully. Im not a die-hard fan one way or the other. I just want to see this issue laid to rest and not brought up again.

IMHO Italys problem is in the mentality in general. I honestly love defensive football and all that but we are not flexible and adaptive.

We need a certain degree of adaptability to do big where it matters most. Not only do u see this is the NT's play u also see it in the type of young players that make it big and the skillset they have.

Its their position, talent and style of play that reveals the way in which they have been trained. Its evidence of the kind of thinking that has pervaded the whole of italian football in general.

Even in the clubs, the only club whos tactics i can admire as being original are chievo and we've seen the results of their style of play havent we?

Compare the tactics used in the Eredivisie and Serie A. Then compare the type of players being raised thru the ranks.

You just gotta see a correlation in these factors.

At the moment if u take a look at the Dutch you will see that they can start a play from any friggin area of the pitch they damn well choose- the wings, defensive midfield, central mid, the middle of defence- hell the keeper could start an attack!(Yeah u may ask me why the Dutch are playing so poorly but the problem there lies not in the talent)

Why?

Because they have the available talent, reason being their players are trained with a mentality like that. Is it any wonder you see them out-classing in nearly every major league in the europe at a point in time?

its pretty evident that the mentality is what shapes the football. Its evident in both cases presented here.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
  • Lazio - Juventus
    Juventus-Perugia
    Reggina-Juventus
    Juventus-Chievo

Atalanta-Inter
    Inter-Parma
    Modena-Inter
    Inter-Perugia
Inter have the easier schedule so I'm expecting them to win all remaining 4 matches. That leaves us requiring only 5 points to win the title.
I don't think Inter have the easier schedule, and I highly doubt they will get 4 wins. They'll focus more on the CL as it's more reasonable than the league + Atalanta and Modena away (relegation battling teams) and Parma are trying to get a CL spot. Only Perugia at home seems easy, but we also got to play them so it's draw.

I think Chievo and Perugia at home should not be a problem, and Reggina away might be tough, but on the other hand, since they're trying to save themselves, they'll be attacking, therefore giving us space (which we usually don't find against this small teams, and that's why we end up drawing or only winning these games by 1-0).

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
About Baggio, Trapattoni promised him a final game, a sort of retirement from the NT party for him. Hope he keeps his promise, Baggio deserves it.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
He deserves it alright, but Trap should stay away from all this ... it would be a crime if he would organize it or have any kind of part in it.

I don't think Baggio would fit in the NT at the moment, but I do believe that he should have gone to the WC, because he had a great season last year and would deserve it, maybe not just for this season but for all he gave to the Azzurri and to the recognition of the Calcio in the world.

++[Originally posted by denco:]++
Yes I would be the happiest person in the whole wide world if Baggio would play for Juve's first team.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
But back to the Brescia game ... can anyone from those who watched the game tell me how Trez did? Not just a few sentances, but a long analization if it's possible. How did he move, how did he get along with the ball (that is if he got any), could he last on the picth any longer, anything else worth mentioning?

Please. :)

OP
Maher

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #235
    ++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
    But back to the Brescia game ... can anyone from those who watched the game tell me how Trez did? Not just a few sentances, but a long analization if it's possible. How did he move, how did he get along with the ball (that is if he got any), could he last on the picth any longer, anything else worth mentioning?

Please. :)
    He did not do anything just running without any real danger

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Well Trez in the whole time he was on the pitch probably touched the ball 4 times at best, his movement is the same as its always was, he did combine with Dp which was delightful as they exchanged passes brightly

He was starved of decent service and I guess he was kind of unlucky as the whole team were playing without too much urgency and I would have liked to have seen him play 90 mins just for him to get back to full match fitness which really shouldn't take too long as he was not out for that long

Apart from that don't know what to tell ya

By the way if Baggio is in your team at Juve, then who should make way as he definitely should be a starter in your book

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    Nina I'm so agree with you!
    Roby had to go to WC, now who cares?
    And sure he deserve a last match, a tribute, and also Maldini does, but not with Trap involved in it and I'm sure it not happen cause they asked to Baggio manager Vittorio Petrone if he thinks that Roby will accept something like this and he answerd "Of course he will but if before there was Trapattoni goodby match" so...

About if I think that I will want him also in Juve first team I'm not sure... cause (as I said 4 ZZ) sometimes some players (also the bests) do not fit a certain kind of playing and Juve soccer now is too tactic and muscolar maybe 4 Roby, every players has to run and to cover... but 4 the NT is different cause Trap tactic is more like "let's hope that somebody will do something" or "everybody in the defence and long passes to Vieri" and in this cases Roby skill and millimetric passes will be more than useful.

About Treze: ther's not a lot to speak about cause he did absolutely nothing :down: but well it is a good point that he was in the field, I hope that 4 the Madrid match he will be more fit.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    Well Trez in the whole time he was on the pitch probably touched the ball 4 times at best, his movement is the same as its always was, he did combine with Dp which was delightful as they exchanged passes brightly

He was starved of decent service and I guess he was kind of unlucky as the whole team were playing without too much urgency and I would have liked to have seen him play 90 mins just for him to get back to full match fitness which really shouldn't take too long as he was not out for that long

Apart from that don't know what to tell ya
    Thank you :)

By the way if Baggio is in your team at Juve, then who should make way as he definitely should be a starter in your book
    Hard to say, but I guess someone form the midfield as I would play with a 2-1 attack (DP+Baggio behind Trez). No I woulddn't get rid of DP :p

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    You will need to get rid of Lippi than...

With 4-2-3-1 will be easy to find a place 4 Roby but Lippi view of this modul is not like Real one with 3 playmakers... is more with 1 playmaker amd 2 wingers.

One think is sure Roby has to play as a free-role; but Lippi do not consider this role, cause everybody, also Nedved have always a position to take, an area to cover, ecc...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)