Juventus - Brescia (2 Viewers)

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
I read an article about Brescia's defender Giberto Martinez. Since he moved to Brescia from Deportivo Saprissa (Costarika) this season, he always play the whole 90 minutes (plus injury time) in 29 serie A matches!
He already played for 2.673 minutes or 92,2 minutes in average with Brescia until week 29 of serie A match.
He's a rookie and Mazzone play him as a center back/right winger.
He never gets suspended or banned since week 1 - week 29 and he never gets injured. That's why people called him a bionic man.
Martinez play the whole 29 matches with I Rondinelle in serie A and that's a record for serie A player.
Last performance was when Brescia met Intermilan at Stadio Mario Rigamonti.
Besides Martinez, Ze Maria (Perugia) and Javier Zanetti (Inter) are also the non-gk players who already played with their own team in the whole 29 serieA matches.

Here's the top ten list until week 29:
Gilberto Martinez (Def)-- Brescia-- 29-- 2.673
Morgan De Sanctis (GK)-- Udinese-- 29-- 2.672
Gianluca Pagliuca (GK)-- Bologna-- 29-- 2.671
Ze Maria (Mid)-- Perugia-- 29-- 2.666
Massimo Taibi (GK)-- Atalanta-- 29-- 2.665
Sebastien Frey (GK)-- Parma-- 29-- 2.659
Marco Balotta (GK)-- Modena-- 29-- 2.657
Javier Zanetti (Def)-- Inter-- 29-- 2.634
Gianluigi Buffon (GK)-- Juventus-- 28-- 2.581
Giamluca Berti (GK)-- Empoli-- 27-- 2.574

Source: Bolanews

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Huzi ] ++
for me , we should rest him
Rest him for what!?
I would agree with resting some players, like Nedved and Thuram, who played the whole 120 against Barca, but Trez hasn't played in a few weeks, and if he wants any chance to play against Real, he's gotta get into those matches. The most important thing is for him to return to match fitness, and I still consider Brescia one of the weaker teams, so it would be ideal for him to be in the starting line-up against them.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
trezeguet must be titular of course,,we need him in some weeks against our decisive match....if treze is not in shape,,we will be in real prolems

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Probable line-up according to gazzetta.it:

Buffon

Birindelli Iuliano Montero Pessotto

Zambrotta Tudor Davids Nedved

Del Piero Zalayeta

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++

Buffon

Del Piero Zalayeta
Very similar to mine... Thuram deserves the rest, as does Ferrara .. Ditto for Tacchinardi .. I don't expect Nedved to go for more than 70 minutes.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Brescia will have importants missing players cause Matuzalem (essenzial 4 them) and maybe Toni are out + of course injured Bachini and banned Seric and Bilica and they may even have some "primavera players" in the starting line. IMO will be better to rest some players (especially Nedved) who need to be in top form 4 Madrid...

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
my formation would be:

birindelli luliano tudor pessotto

camoronasi conte davids zambrotta

del piero di vaio (zalayeta)

I'm not shure abought Nedved, he deserves a rest but if we loose then dat would bring us to maybe 3 points and den loose again to lazio den we might as well forget abought the CL because the title race would be blown right open we should put our big players on the bench just incase we need them.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
IMO the most sensible thing to do is to start strong and then take off players like Thuram and Nedved if we have the match under control.

P.S. This weekend could be our chance to close the Scudetto race for good if Milan slip up away to Roma and Inter re-suffer their Lazio nightmare of last season. FORZA JUVE!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
If we manage to gain 9 points over inter, we just have to play good games in the 4 left,,and thats all.
As a matter of fact, if we can obtain a 9 point advantage over Inter, we would be able to draw the rest of our 4 games (we would drop 8 points if this were to happen) and still win the league, so I personally think that we should try very hard to win this weekend so that we can concentrate solely on the CL semifinals.

my_hitzJUVE

Dec 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by lacrease ] ++
we dont need to win this!! we need to win the CL!!!

if we win the CL SF vs real milan will be a piece of cake!!!
what are you talking about.....of course we need to win.....
both CL and for Scudetto....
let's settle down Scudetto as far as we can and then concentrate to champ league...

OP
Maher

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #35
    ++ [ originally posted by my_hitzJUVE ] ++
    no...he must play if he can...lippi sholud put him in starting list....
    I think the best solution for trez is to be on the bench and if needed depending on match he can enter in the 2nd half and let him be ready for lazio game next week

OP
    Maher

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #36
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

As a matter of fact, if we can obtain a 9 point advantage over Inter, we would be able to draw the rest of our 4 games (we would drop 8 points if this were to happen) and still win the league, so I personally think that we should try very hard to win this weekend so that we can concentrate solely on the CL semifinals.
    The good news is that VIERI is out for the rest of the season:D

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    Trez if fit enough he should play from the start to gain his full fitness then sub him in the 2nd half for Di vaio.this is the way it should be........

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
    this game will be very difficult...

brescia were unbeaten for 6 games until inter scored in injury time...
    + they get very few goals (good defence)

it seems as we'll rest trezeguet for another week, but this match is very important and i think we should use him, at least for parts of the match...

i really fear this game... remember: brescia has alreaden beaten us 2-0 this season!..

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003
    i really fear this game... remember: brescia has alreaden beaten us 2-0 this season!..
    U right,we should be very concetrated.....
    btw,Matuzalem i s injured....good news for us.
    Forza Juve!Win it plz.
    :cool:

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++

Buffon

Del Piero Zalayeta

Looks good, except Lippi should start with Di Vaio instead of Zalayeta !!

Trezeguet should play at least the final 20 minutes, like the match against Udinese .. it was 0-0 and then he scored a splendid goal to get us the 3 points ...

Thuram was omitted from the French National team squad that will be playing a friendly against the Egyphtian National team on Wednesday, which means he will have all week to rest after this match ..

We need to be patient .. it won't be easy scoring against Brescia .. but they are not a defensive side which is a plus .. and they are also well placed in the Serie A so they won't be desperate against us .. scoring an early goal will be very important .. but we also need to be careful from long balls to Igle Tari, he is good at headers ..

Enough said, Forza Juve .. get us the 3 points and move us closer to 'Lo Scudetto' #27 !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)