Juventus Ban the Media! (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
That's true, but now that Van der Meyde, Van der Vaart, Sikora and the like are getting into the team, he will not be missed as much.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
He's got the talent
What talent :confused: As I see it, he runs around Europe and screws up teams. And I love it, cuz when Barca gets screwed up... well thats always a pleasure! Actually Van Gaal shouldn't take all the credit. Gaspart is doing a pretty good job screwing his club up himself. :D

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
As long as the press invents stories and publishes lies, it risks the media blackout. It is criminal to publish a so-called quote from a named person when that person never, in fact, made the statement. Screw the press. Juve is right, again.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
As long as the press invents stories and publishes lies, it risks the media blackout. It is criminal to publish a so-called quote from a named person when that person never, in fact, made the statement. Screw the press. Juve is right, again.
You have to take into account the repercussion of this action. It could be bad for Juve.

K10

Jul 12, 2002
With their youth system, Holland could be the team of the future. I see no reason to worry about Bergkamps position not being filled.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
I find it completely ridiculous. To bar the media from all of the players except one per week is just asking for bad press. Who cares if there are rumours about Trez leaving? There will always be rumours. By angering the media, we have set ourselves up for all kinds of negative press. This was a very unwise move if you ask me.
agreed. This is silly

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++
With their youth system, Holland could be the team of the future. I see no reason to worry about Bergkamps position not being filled.
The distant future then perhaps because the youth system is ill, very ill at the moment...

NeLLy

Dec 6, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
Snubbing the media will be bad for the fans .. we will be hearing less from Juve (interviews, news, etc.)
i agree with you the ban may look wise but on the contrary it is not.:down:

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
I agree with what Juve did. Having a media blackout is a lesson for some journalists. But Juve should not prolong this media ban. A week should do it just to make it known to the media that some of the things they do aren't always appreciated. Prolonging it more than a week will be unjust because the media have a right to tell the people what is happening to the club.

IMO, i really got pissed-off with the italian media for adding so much fuel to the trez saga even when juve had released statements about trezeguet's future in Turin.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
I find it completely ridiculous. To bar the media from all of the players except one per week is just asking for bad press. Who cares if there are rumours about Trez leaving? There will always be rumours. By angering the media, we have set ourselves up for all kinds of negative press. This was a very unwise move if you ask me.
agreed again, this was unneccessary

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
i don't like the ban and i think it is an unwise move!!!

i personaly don't believe that will bring any good as what kind of lesson are they trying to teach the media!!! Rumours are a big part of their work! okay i don't like rumours but sometimes i do enjoy reading them!!!

the bar is stupid!

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
To answer Erik & Rickenbacker2

concerning the Issue of Van Gal not being the one to blame! i am sorry guys but i disagree! your argument Rickenbacker2 is that Bergkamb left a big whole that couldn't be filled!!!

tell me one thing when Zidane left Juventus wasn't that a big hole???? good coaches would find replacements and Dutch football is very rich in talent!! its not like Romania and Bulgaria were one "God" player comes every now and then!!!

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
the ban simply indicates that there are problems in juve and no one wants to commit themselves by saying something they know will not hold.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Juventus striker David Trezeguet has appeared on Italian television to put an end to the speculation regarding his future.

The Frenchman appeared on ‘La Domenica Sportiva’ last night in which he dismissed talk that he threatened to leave the Turin giants if his demands for a new contract were not met.

"I have not given an ultimatum to Juventus," he maintained. "I only said that sooner or later, tomorrow or in 2005, my turn would arrive to talk about my contract.

"I’ve said that the club, quite rightly, are dealing with the contracts of Alessandro Del Piero and Edgar Davids which expire in 2004. My time will come."

Reports over the last few weeks claimed that Trezeguet was ready to jump ship and sign for either Barcelona or Arsenal. Again a claim denied by the former Monaco man.

"There has been a lot of confusion about this story," he added. "A Spanish newspaper claimed that I and (Vice-president) Roberto Bettega spoke to them but that was not true.

"I’ve read many stories that I have signed a contract with Barcelona and one for Arsenal. But I’ve not signed anything."

Trezeguet, who joined the Bianconeri in the summer of 2000, seems to be back to his old self as he scored in the 5-0 thumping of Reggina yesterday.

And he has made it clear that he is ready to continue finding the net for the Italian champions in the future.

"I’m happy here and if I want to renegotiate my contract then I know where to go to do that," he continued.

"Then if there is another club that is interested in me then first they must make contact with Juventus and not me."

Football Italia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)