Juventus Ban the Media! (1 Viewer)

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
Journalists Protest Against Juve

With Juve still angry at the press over the recent David Trezeguet stories, journalists are from now on banned from the training centre.

Press conferences will only take place on Thursdays, with only one player speaking at each one. Today's designated player was Lilian Thuram but the journalists left the press room to protest against that decision.

------------------------------------------------

:LOL:

Finally they get what they deserve (the Media)

Buy on AliExpress.com

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Friction between Juventus and the media has increased after the Bianconeri revealed a new timetable for Press conferences.

The club have stated that boss Marcello Lippi will only be available to answer questions on Tuesday and the day before League games.

While the club will only free one player a week, on Thursday, to face the Italian Press after training.

The Old Lady claim their decision has been made for "safety reasons" as a consequence of the club now using the Centro Sisport as their new training base.

However, it is believed that the David Trezeguet saga – which saw the club announce a media blackout yesterday – is also a contributing factor.

Football Italia

Nick

Jul 12, 2002
I totally agree with what juve did concerning this matter:thumb:...i am sick of these :fero: rumours.

Jul 12, 2002
I find it completely ridiculous. To bar the media from all of the players except one per week is just asking for bad press. Who cares if there are rumours about Trez leaving? There will always be rumours. By angering the media, we have set ourselves up for all kinds of negative press. This was a very unwise move if you ask me.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
He's good, not perfect. He's got the talent, now if he finds a way to get it back he'll be perfect. He's proven he can do it with Ajax but failing like that with the Dutch NT is far from perfect!

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
He's good, not perfect. He's got the talent, now if he finds a way to get it back he'll be perfect. He's proven he can do it with Ajax but failing like that with the Dutch NT is far from perfect!
That was not entirely his fault.

Jul 12, 2002
That's where we disagree. I think that he was handed a team in shambles without Bergkamp. He was not provided with a replacement in time.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Well that's true but with so much talent in Kluivert, Hasselbaink, Makaay and Van Hooijdonk, the options are there!
Surely he could have solved the problem until Van Nistelrooy returned!

Jul 12, 2002
Well that's true but with so much talent in Kluivert, Hasselbaink, Makaay and Van Hooijdonk, the options are there!
Surely he could have solved the problem until Van Nistelrooy returned!
The problem wasn't skill it was leadership. Bergkamp did everything for that team and without him they had nobody. De Boer was out on the ban and they had Phillip Cocu as captain! I like Phillip as much or more than the next guy, but he is no captain.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Bergkamp was never a real leader. He was just a man up front who could hold the ball, someone you could always pass it to. That function remains unfilled even today!

Jul 12, 2002
Bergkamp was never a real leader. He was just a man up front who could hold the ball, someone you could always pass it to. That function remains unfilled even today!
Except that he was the real drive for that team. He created and scored goals for them all the time. Everyone relied on him and he left a big hole which is only now being filled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)