Juventus and Manchester United, following same paths. (1 Viewer)

ADP Timers

Feb 4, 2004
Both Man U and Juve were knocked out in the first round of the CL, there both still in their own cups, Juve in finals against Lazio, and Man U in the FA cup semis, about to get knocked out, but thats besides the point. They also both today blew "need-to-win" games, for Juve especially, and are now 9-12 pts back on the leaders. Both teams also won last years league title. They also both need some staff and player transfers, and a prayer.

Random post, but thoughts? :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
lol@qaterminators-

anyways ADP you make good points. both juve and man u have hit slumps simultaneously. our weakness have given milan a chance for success while arsenal have capitalised on man u's poor performance.

the thing is, however, that fergie's job isnt in any danger while lippi's is in question- he himself said something about quitting, and rumours circulate about a sack(i think its unlikely)

man u have a couple talented young players with potential, while we have none. none of our youngsters have either shown enough, or been given a chance to play a vital role in the team- maresca, miccoli, or legrottaglie, and age seems to have hit us hard.

for juve, everything will depend on one thing right now- and that is our transfer moves.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
I agree. Both teams have been clearly set off by the injuries- they've played a vital role.

Both teams are dressed by Nike.

MU and Juve toped the list of teams which made highest profit last year.

Two major differences:
1. MU will seat back, relax and prepare for next year (maybe buy one or two players). We will have to reorganize everything.

2. Juventus is my favorite team, MU is my second hated team.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Wow i was thinking the same thing today. btw we didn't get knocked out in the first round of CL... not that that's much of a consolation :down:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Well, the season is pretty much over now. Not much to look forward to from a Juve standpoint. Except of course the transfer window.

Hope the moves are all right so we can get back to what we do best: winning trophies.

Man Utd. on the other hand are looking less and less likely to pick up anything this year. I dont think their transfer requirements are as drastic as Juve's, but they could still do with some smart moves if they want to be contenders for anything next season.

As for both coaches, neither deserve to be sacked. And i dont think that would happen either. Ferguson and Lippi have been around long enough, and won more than enough to command the kind of respect both on the field and in the back office.

Overall, as a juve fan i am dissapointed with the final outcome. But the fantastic winning cycle had to come to an end at some point. And i cant have any complaints after almost 3 years of non stop quality football.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
one thing that i'm afraid of......manU's lacklustred performance wud prompt sir alex to buy big this summer esp in defence. they'd be our rival in signings good names i.e mexes. and they have more money :down:

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ADP Timers ] ++
Both Man U and Juve were knocked out in the first round of the CL, there both still in their own cups, Juve in finals against Lazio, and Man U in the FA cup semis, about to get knocked out, but thats besides the point. They also both today blew "need-to-win" games, for Juve especially, and are now 9-12 pts back on the leaders. Both teams also won last years league title. They also both need some staff and player transfers, and a prayer.

Random post, but thoughts? :)
i could never ever believe that juve would end up exactelly the same as man u...

they were always an amaizing tema,which i hated of caurse,but i must admit they were great.

remember how they beat real 4-3....???????

and what's their problem now???

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
eventhough I hate to admit it...but it's true! MU and Juve are traveling the same path to destruction...

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
oh FFS ITS JUST ONE SEASON, can everyone PLEASE stop going so ballistic??? It's driving me nuts !!
frankly, me too. some are acting like it's the end of the world or summink :down: i guess we forgot how it feels not to win anything.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)