juventus all time-11 (5 Viewers)

Igal

Mar 8, 2004
Fliakis said:
irrelevant. he may be one of the better defenders that played for juve but he stayed here for two years only and his contribution to the club is nowhere near compared to those who stayed here for decades and who were not as good talent-wise..
Please allow me to disagree with you: during his 2-years stay he won 2 Scudetti (and I'll try for a moment to ignore the fact they were revoked) and he lifted a World Cup as a captain of the national team (which he became to be as a Juve player). In a few years to come any other defender in Juve will be compared to him. Can you name me many other players who managed to do all this in only 2 years? I doubt... Thus again, I see no reason not to include him in all time 11 (even though I'm a bit disgruntled with his decision to leave for another club).

Buy on AliExpress.com

del pietro

Aug 13, 2005
hey.. its just a personal opinion.. if you think canna is the best 11.. then cool! but no one has anything against him or doubts his contributions and achievements in the juve shirt.. everyone has their own opinion.

pavelnedved

official nedved copy
Jul 15, 2006
Igal said:
Please allow me to disagree with you: during his 2-years stay he won 2 Scudetti (and I'll try for a moment to ignore the fact they were revoked) and he lifted a World Cup as a captain of the national team (which he became to be as a Juve player). In a few years to come any other defender in Juve will be compared to him. Can you name me many other players who managed to do all this in only 2 years? I doubt... Thus again, I see no reason not to include him in all time 11 (even though I'm a bit disgruntled with his decision to leave for another club).
I respect your decision and who am I to critisize you ... but me personally I'd never prefer Cannavaro (only 2 years with us and he left the ship when we needed him most) over Ferrara or Montero.

I'm not judging Canna anymore though. I respect his kind words to us in the press, but all time 11 ? Not in mine.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
------------Buffon-------------
Ferrara - Scirea - Gentile - Cabrini
--Tardelli - Furino - Boniperti
------------Platini----------
------Del Piero - Charles-------

Substitutes:
Zoff
Cuccuredu
Deschamps
Platini
Bettega
Pessotto
Zidane

Manager: Lippi

My preference though, Sivori and Nedved can be present in some of your lists
Conte, Baggio, Vialli and co should be in there as well, but there are a lot of players who you can choose from.

But I prefer Buffon over Zoff though.

Giacomo

Aug 24, 2006
-----------------Buffon------------------
--Ferrara--Scirea----Gentile----Cabrini--
---------------Deshamps----------------
------Tardelli--------------Nedved--------
---------------Platini-------------------
Boniperti-------------DelPiero---------

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Zoff, Ferrara, Scirea, Cannavaro, Torricelli, Zidane, Deschamps, Platini, Nedved, Del Piero, Charles

Still, we've had so many great players that one could name several line ups and be non the wiser as to which side would overcome the other. Players like Baggio, Gentile, Boniperti, Tardelli, Davids, Zambrotta, Buffon, Trezeguet, Rui Barros :)P ), Boniek, Peruzzi are all hard to leave out..

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Jem83 said:
OMG I forgot Luca Vialli :shocked:

Get in there you bald-headed son of a gun, you!!!! FORZA VIALLI :oops: :pint:
I love that guy , really hoped he would have a role in this management...but it wasnt to be

Sicilian Juve

May 17, 2006
Giacomo said:

Look good to me.:agree:

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
Giacomo said:
excellent indeed. especially cabrini, gentile, scirea, deschamps, tardelli and Del piero. Those are a must. The rest might be disputed a little but they're excellent choices.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Respect to Bettega, but why the heck would he go ahead of John Charles, and especially Sivori? (not to mention Baggio). And Furino, our Gattuso, balanced midfield to include him, but generally all time Juve lists include Tardelli as the hard worker, and then they squeze in a more offensive midfielder in there, hehe.

P.S Who's Cuccureddu? Interesting name, is he sardinian? There's some italian dialect/region that talk like everything ends with a u, and most names u something etc. Think it was in Sardinia.

Gustav

Jul 20, 2008
Respect to Bettega, but why the heck would he go ahead of John Charles, and especially Sivori? (not to mention Baggio). And Furino, our Gattuso, balanced midfield to include him, but generally all time Juve lists include Tardelli as the hard worker, and then they squeze in a more offensive midfielder in there, hehe.

P.S Who's Cuccureddu? Interesting name, is he sardinian? There's some italian dialect/region that talk like everything ends with a u, and most names u something etc. Think it was in Sardinia.
I had to leave someone out. All those strikers you named could have been there easily, but I picked Bettega because of his loyalty and his long career. Charles played for many clubs (including Roma), Baggio played for almost all of our biggest rivals. Sivori would have been my next pick after Bettega.

I tried to keep more balance in midfield, as you said in most lists people just go crazy by naming Boniperti, Zidane and Platini + 2 forwards.

Spot on, Cuccureddu is a Sardinian. He could play both, defense and midfield. As you can see from his wikipedia page he was also the primavera coach for 7 years in the first half of the 90s.

Heres two all-time XI's from C4 and errrm.... goal.com.

PS. Osman, what's your XI?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I havent really thought through an all time list, but I know FOR SURE I would have Sivori over Bettega, loyalty is one thing, but Sivori pretty much all time great, while Bettega was just a top player in his day.

And Charles just played for Roma briefly to end his career, his career was mostly his childhood Leeds, and primarly with us in his best years, no loyalty minus pts for him. A legend for us, for sure despite his nationality. But you have a point with Baggio, despite being best with us, he was a nomad, not one club man.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)