juventus all time-11 (4 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
pavelnedved said:
But he's a madridista, not a juventino. I'd never put him in the all time best 11. Definitely not instead of Pavel.

You don't have to drag Platini into this. You would have put Nedved out of the team for Zidane. I said you why I shouldn't do that.
Nedved is a fantastic player and my certainly my favorite, however in terms of what players have accomplished for Juventus, Zidane is the winner between the two. Nedved's career is not yet over though.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
ya to pick canna and even thuram is a discrase......

for me guys that should be in our all time 11 would have to include del, Scirea, Boni, conte, buffon is a coming up strong since he is staying, platini, ferarra, i dunno if i would have zizo after what he did but i guess for a juve stand point he has to be there. maybe even nedved......we should all have a vote or something for our all time best 11 starters. let the people choose!!!!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Morra10 said:
ya to pick canna and even thuram is a discrase......
Not only a disgrace... but simply a lack of knowledge about Juventus as a whole. You don't need to have watched Scirea play to know he will always be one of Juventus' greatest legends. FFS, the whole curva is named after the great man.

jussiut

Feb 22, 2005
tycoon said:
Buffon

Thuram Ferarra Canna Torichelli

P. Sousa Deschamps Jugovic

Zidane

Del Piero Platini
Well Andy, don't be too harsh on him. As you can see from the line-up he's been following Juve since 1995 perhaps and therefore he's just listed his favourite players from that point on (and heard of Platini).

It happens every time when forming these kind of line-ups that the older players will be left out more easily. Hell, I think I have a pretty good sense of Juve's history but still it's hard to remember all the past greats (eg. Cuccureddu) when you haven't seen him play. I haven't seen Cabrini, Gentile, Scirea, Sivori etc. playing at all. I'll form my own XI later, I'm out of time now.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
can and should we be including pessotto?

probably wasnt the greatest to ever play for juve but he would die for this club. i think we should be, just my opinion though...

pavelnedved

official nedved copy
Jul 15, 2006
Morra10 said:
can and should we be including pessotto?

probably wasnt the greatest to ever play for juve but he would die for this club. i think we should be, just my opinion though...
yeah we should.

And put Zidane and definitely Canna :disagree: out for that reason ...

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
i dunno this is me but this would be mine....not in correct positions but overall this is who i would have on the field.

----------------buffon---------------
ferrara----pessotto--gentile--scirea--
---tardelli----conte----boniperti----
-----------------zizo-------------------
---------Platini-------DP(C)------

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
Buffon (or Zoff)

Farrara-Gentile-Scirea(c)-Cabrini
------------deschamps
--------Tardelli----------Sivori
----------------Platini
-------Baggio
-----------------John Charles (Trez could be too)

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Black&White. said:
Buffon (or Zoff)

Farrara-Gentile-Scirea(c)-Cabrini
------------deschamps
--------Tardelli----------Sivori
----------------Platini
-------Baggio
-----------------John Charles (Trez could be too)

i no its your choice but i dont understand how you would pick baggio who only played 5 seasons with juve over del piero.

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
Morra10 said:
i no its your choice but i dont understand how you would pick baggio who only played 5 seasons with juve over del piero.
Why?
you want a why?
a simple, a really simple, but "listen" (read) to me!!!, ragazzo, simple simple simple answer??
but very fucking simple answer?
ok, here it comes...

I prefer Baggio over Del Piero

e: and I'm trying to do something different, everyone here will select Del Piero

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Black&White. said:
Why?
you want a why?
a simple, a really simple, but "listen" (read) to me!!!, ragazzo, simple simple simple answer??
but very fucking simple answer?
ok, here it comes...

I prefer Baggio over Del Piero

kool.........you would think after 13 seasons and over 480 caps with us and 194 goals you might want to pick him

everybody should pick him he has done the most for the team out of any other player.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I think a lot of picking all time first eleven depends on what basis you pick your player from. Obviously there are certain great players who have played for Juve but not quite made the impact because (1) they were too young or (2) their career was on the downside. Moreover, I think it is only right to honour those players who has given long time of service to the club than having one or two unbelievable years. This means that likes of Alex, and a lot of stars in the 70s and 80s should be favored over current crop of players, when in the era of quick turnover of players 5-6years seem almost an eternity.
Also, it helps if the player not only played some oustanding football but also can personify the team in terms of off the pitch activities, and integrity they represent. This means IMO likes of John Charles should be given priority over perhaps reputedly more talented but volatile Omar Sivori.

With this in mind
My all-time eleven is on paper,

Zoff - Ferrara, Scirea, Gentile, Cabrini - Tardelli, Deschamp - Zizou, Platini Bonipierti - Del Piero

Sub: Charles, Baggio, Montero, Causio/Nedved, Pessetto, Cuccerreddu (Can't spell his name:D ), Peruzzi

Coach: Lippi

Based on the players that I have seen

Peruzzi - Ferrara, Montero, Kohler, Pessetto - Deschamp, Davids - Baggio, Zizou, Del Piero - Vialli

Sub: Nedved, Buffon, Jugovic, Trezeguet, Thuram, Conte, Torricelli (On his good day).

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
------------------ Combi -----------------
-------- Gentile --- Scirea --- Cabrini -------

-- Causio -- Tardelli -- Furino -- Boniperti --

------------------ Del Piero --------------------
---------- Charles ------ Bettega -----------

Subs :

Vavasori
Ferrara
Cuccureddu
Rosetta
Deschamps
Sivori
Borel
Platini

Manager :

Lippi

Assistant Manager :

Carcano

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)