Juventus 2004-05 team lineup (5 Viewers)

OP
xziz

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #85
    We have seen the first Serie A Juventus and Wednesday we will see the first (real) Champions Juventus.

Yesterday, Capello seems to have built the team on a 4-4-2 (more or less like he had done Vs. Djungarten).

Buffon
    Zebina Thuram Cannavaro Zambrotta
    Camoranesi Emerson(Tacchinardi) Blasi Nedved
    Del Piero (Olivera) Trezeguet(Ibrahimovic)

However, it seems tat Capello has been working on alternatives to the above formation:

4-2-3-1 (like end of second half against Brescia, like Real Madrid):

Buffon
    Emerson Blasi
    Camoranesi(Olivera) Nedved(Del Piero) Olivera(Nedved)
    Ibrahimovic

And during training sessions, Capello has been experimenting with 4-3-3 which is forward drive but also solid in defense,

Buffon
    Emerson Blasi Nedved
    Del Piero Trezeguet Ibrahimovic

and with 3-4-2-1, which requires defenders to be at the top, but offers a very strong forward drive.

Buffon
    Zebina Thuram Cannavaro
    Zambrotta Emerson Blasi Nedved
    Del Piero Ibrahimovic
    Trezeguet

Frankly, I would really like to see the last one, because I think our attack would be devastating for any enemy defense. This lineup would juts bring so much strength, technical skills and fantasy to the attack that would flow the other team under a waterfall of goals. It could be a big celebration firework Juventus the one that Capello is building.

xziz

DiVaio

Sep 1, 2004
    I dont believe in three attackers. We have only four forwards in our squad, so if one of them is injured/ineligeble/banned there would'nt be any forward on bench.

I think that two forwards is the best solution. 4-4-2 with current squad:

-----------------------------Buffon-----------------------------------
    Zebina(Thuram)-Cannavaro-Montero(Thuram)-Zambrotta
    Olivera(Camoranesi)---Emerson---Tacchinardi----Nedved
    ------------Trezeguet(Ibrahimovic)------Del Piero------------

May 30, 2004
    not bad xziz dats da one i thin we are using currently .. excep take blasi out and push olivera in his place and put camo in... dats my personal choice koz i like seeing camo play no offence to da camo haters

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    I'd leave the line-up xziz posted as it is.
    but remember to replace Zebina with Birindelli because Jonathan is still suspended, remember... :p

But honestly, I'd still put Tacchi there instead of Blasi...:stuckup:

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Modo Bianconero ] ++
    excep take blasi out and push olivera in his place and put camo in... dats my personal choice koz i like seeing camo play
    To take a midfield anchor, a true workhorse out and put Olivera there would definately affect the defensive part in a very bad way, its suicide. Since Emerson isnt a 100% defensive midfielder, cant have him alone.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    blasi's gonna get his share of red cards this season imo.fouls anyone and everyone and always goes in two footed without a clear desire to solely get the ball.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    That's one thing you've gotta watch with Blasi; he's going to get alot of cards. However, he's better than Tacchinardi imo, and he doesn't turn over possession like Appiah did last season. His passing isn't spectacular, but it's good enough.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    That's one thing you've gotta watch with Blasi; he's going to get alot of cards. However, he's better than Tacchinardi imo, and he doesn't turn over possession like Appiah did last season. His passing isn't spectacular, but it's good enough.
    I will be glad to see more of Blasi, he is has the potential to be better than both and become our new Deschamps. I hope he is always included in the pitch

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
    blasi's gonna get his share of red cards this season imo.fouls anyone and everyone and always goes in two footed without a clear desire to solely get the ball.
    no problem, Appiah and Tacchinardi can step in.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Modo Bianconero ] ++
    not bad xziz dats da one i thin we are using currently .. excep take blasi out and push olivera in his place and put camo in... dats my personal choice koz i like seeing camo play no offence to da camo haters

If you want the best for Juve, then take Camo out.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    Why o why does everyone hate Camoranesi? Granted, he isn't very consistent, but neither is Del Piero. I've got the feeling that some people only prefer Olivera because he's new, not because he's clearly better (which he isn't). He showed skill in the Djurgarden matches, but let's not forget that Camoranesi was one of the reasons that made Zambrotta a left back, so he must have some level of skill.

Camoranesi is a good dribbler and has a good cross. Olivera has this too. But Camo can also cut to the inside, he is more dangerous then Olivera in this situations IMO.

I'm not suggesting that Olivera should be benched for the rest of the season, but let's give Camoranesi a fair chance as well. He was a first team regular for Italy at some point, so he certainly isn't as bad as some people are saying.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++
    Why o why does everyone hate Camoranesi? Granted, he isn't very consistent, but neither is Del Piero. I've got the feeling that some people only prefer Olivera because he's new, not because he's clearly better (which he isn't). He showed skill in the Djurgarden matches, but let's not forget that Camoranesi was one of the reasons that made Zambrotta a left back, so he must have some level of skill.

Camoranesi is a good dribbler and has a good cross. Olivera has this too. But Camo can also cut to the inside, he is more dangerous then Olivera in this situations IMO.

I'm not suggesting that Olivera should be benched for the rest of the season, but let's give Camoranesi a fair chance as well. He was a first team regular for Italy at some point, so he certainly isn't as bad as some people are saying.
    Well actually that is some good true points!, i agree and think Camoranesi is excellent one of the bests when he is in form, but he is inconsistent, he can be world class for 2 months, and then hopeless the next 2 months, thats the problem, but he shall remain, because he is a class player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)