juve this season (1 Viewer)

mela88

Dec 29, 2002
:confused: how u rate juve this season do u think we can win the scudetto for the third year ? or do u think we could win the champions league ? do u think this years team is quite strong ?and do u think the new signings of miccoli and legrotaile was a wise choice for juve ? and just 1 more question why is it everytime we play man utd we almays lose?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I don't think we will be capable of achieving too much this year.
With all of our new signings and with so many different formations availible i think juve will spend a lot of this year experimenting which will mean dropping a lot of points. When we do find the right line up the team will still need to adapt.
Saying this i think if not near the end of this season but in the next we will be very much capable of winning all major competitions. Although after saying that juve will still be very strong contenders for the scudetto and the CL.
I think we are most likely to win the italia cup , scudetto and reach the CL finals but i don't think we will be able to beat the like of bayern munich, man utd and madrid this year but i will be backing them all way because as i said we are very strong contenders.

FORZA JUVE

juvetrainer

May 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mela88 ] ++
:confused: how u rate juve this season do u think we can win the scudetto for the third year ? or do u think we could win the champions league ? do u think this years team is quite strong ?and do u think the new signings of miccoli and legrotaile was a wise choice for juve ?
i think all of us want the answers of those questions are YES. but, this is real life, not a game or whatever. anything can happen and ppl have to prepare for the worst

and just 1 more question why is it everytime we play man utd we almays lose?
dont know the answer for that question. ask lippi and the team why they always lost against MU. :D:D:D

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
1. signings have been great, although we could have done more in the market. but overall, definately a good transfer campaign.

2. i want the CL, and i think Lippi does as well. but i wouldnt be upset if we won the scudetto the third season in a row.

3. i'm not overally worried about losing to man utd last week. the game old trafford last season i thought we did great considering we were missing 10 players from our squad due to the flu. the game at delle apli was that one off bad game we play each season.

4. who cares about losing to man utd when we make it further than them anyway.:D

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
Nice thread Mela88, and good points there, Adrian.:)

The transfer campaign has indeed gone very well: We have aquired players like Miccoli, Legrottaglie, Maresca and Appiah to what was already a great team. The team is much more complete now and Lippi will have more options than last season. What is especially important considering all the injuries we can have.

Main target will surely be winnig the Champions League, of course not forgetting about the league. Coppa Italia won't be a priority I guess.

Good question about the Man U thing. I think it's a mental thing, some kind of an obstacle Juve can't seem to break through each time they face them. But why against Man U and not other teams I don't know. I don't think even Lippi knows the answer to that.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
I think our squad for this year won't get the Seria A but are capabale of getting the CL. We have players who can the game in one shot or one good pass. and regarding there will be only one group stage and another knock out round then every team will need players like the ones we have!!

I hope we take CL this year.

del pozzo

Jul 22, 2003
i really hope we can win the scudetto for the third time in the row this season although it seems hard bcoz all of our rivals have strengthen their squad like us did. but of all i think our squad is the best in italy. we've spend wisely this summer, bring on players that we really need in our squad and backups as well.

about the CL, i really hope we can win it too and like the scudetto it will be much harder than last season i predict. all the top teams like real, man u, bayern, liverpool, chelsea and many more are getting stronger with their summer spendings. if we can win the CL this season, i bet we can rise up the challenge probably until in the next 2 or 3 years.

i believe we have made a brilliant signings this summer. moggi is such a genius. we got legro in the defence, appiah and maresca in the midfield, miccoli on upfront. all of them are brilliant signings. these young talents will make our squad much more stronger than last season.

about losing to man u, i dont care how many times we lost to them, as long as we keep in touch in the tournament until the very end and win it, i'm totally satisfied with that.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Liverpool is not in the Champions League this year. ManU is arguably weaker, Real Madrid llok more unstable in defence. I hink Juve has strengthened more than its major rivals. Arguably, the UCL should be easier.

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by del pozzo ] ++
i really hope we can win the scudetto for the third time in the row this season although it seems hard bcoz all of our rivals have strengthen their squad like us did.QUOTE]

Not really. If you look at the result of buying and selling the more important players from last season, we look much more strengthened than Milan, Lazio and Roma. Even Inter who among others have bought Lamouchi, Luciano and van der Meyde look less strengthened than us:

Juve
-in: Legro, Appiah, Maresca and Miccoli
-out: no one

Milan
-in: Cafu
-out: no one

Inter
-in: Luciano, Lamouchi, van der Meyde, (Fadiga?)
-out: Conceicao

Lazio
-in: Conceicao, (Mendieta?)
-out: Simeone

Roma
-in: Chivu
-out: Cafu

I'm sure many of you may disagree but just look: Juve had an already strong team last season. They were well covered on most positions and had many good subs that could contribute well to the team. Now that they have brought in four quality players they look even stronger and better equipped than last year. But Inter? They struggled in defence all season, and the lack of good wingers costed them dearly. They may have solved the winger problem now but the defence remains the same. Milan? They were indeed very strong last season but their b-team remains weak. Should Nesta, Rui Costa or Inzaghi get injured they will have some major problems replacing them. Then Lazio. They impressed last season, but do they have a strong enough team to challenge for Lo Scudetto? Bringing in Conceicao and possibly also Mendieta doesn't solve much. Finally Roma. The much-needed Chivu has finally arrived. And indeed, they look a lot stronger defence now. But what about the striker problem or the fact that Candela and Cafu weren't that useful as before? What about bringing in fresh blood and starting some kind of a revolution? Buying Chivu is obviously not enough.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mela88 ] ++
:confused: how u rate juve this season do u think we can win the scudetto for the third year ? or do u think we could win the champions league ? do u think this years team is quite strong ?and do u think the new signings of miccoli and legrotaile was a wise choice for juve ? and just 1 more question why is it everytime we play man utd we almays lose?
Q. how u rate juve this season do u think we can win the scudetto for the third year ? or do u think we could win the champions league ?

A. I think that it's obvious that Juve r hungrier than ever for the CL this yr. That will be their main aim.

I feel that Lippi may take Serie A to experiment a bit on formations and to see how best our team clicks. But having said this, even with all the exprimenting, Juve is a strong team and we will still hv chances @ the scudetto:strong:

In other words, i think that Juve will probably focus on CL but they still stand a chance of clinching a double.......if things flow smoothly ;)

Hey, does any1 here hv the same fear that i do? I fear for Juve in the CL actually . Last season we may hv reached the finals but i can't help saying that we really struggled quite a bit to reach it and we only just made it.

Q. do u think this years team is quite strong ?and do u think the new signings of miccoli and legrotaile was a wise choice for juve ?

A. Yes i think we hv a strong team this year, but as i mentioned above it will al come down to how well we can play with these new changes, but so far all seams gd :) And yes, i think its a wise choice to hv Legro and Mico, they are each great players and they can only strangthen our squad. in general i'm very happy with juve's aquirements this season

Q. and just 1 more question why is it everytime we play man utd we almays lose?

A. :LOL: :LOL: urrrmmm..... in the CL we loss to them so that we could show the world we could still make it to the finals even loosing to Man U :D So if u look at the big picture.... we made it, they diddn't ;) :D

In the recent freinedly we loss to them cos it was a jus a friendly. In tha next competitive game, Juve will win them and make us fans soooo super happy :D:D

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
we really need to beat MAn u this season....if the curse only stand in freindlies then i hope we will drawn in the same group with them and also meet them in the knockout....its no use givin xcuse in frendlies when we get trashed twice last year in the CL..
luck were never with us when we meet man u...the man u fans was so scared they hired a voodoo witch or something...and they sure do work..is there any other team that is so lucky that they can have to play us at home with 10 of our first team player down with flu?...not to mentioned that both game were right in the middle of del piero injury...and the game at dell alpi was the strangest game i ever seen...we play good attacking and all but they came out winning 3-0....i was speechless.... we must get the number of that voodoo witch..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)