Juve suffer Zambrotta blow (3 Viewers)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Gianluca Zambrotta will miss the big match against Milan on Sunday after the Juventus star was today ruled out of action for 10 days.

The Italian international left back underwent tests on Thursday which highlighted a slight thigh muscle strain in his right leg.

Zambrotta picked up the blow during Wednesday’s Champions League win over Werder Bremen – in only his second game back following a similar muscle problem.

Federico Balzaretti, a summer signing from city rivals Torino, will deputise in the left-back role against the Rossoneri.

It’s hoped that the former Bari player, a key figure for club and country, could be back in action in around two weeks time.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3
    yeah but this came at the wrong time,against milan.balzaretti better get himself sorted for sunday.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    What the hell happened to Chiellini this year? He was supposed to be the uber-talent, but he played like five matches at the end of 2005 and then disappeared. Has he been injured ever since?!

neath_lad

Jun 25, 2004
    Byrone said:
    yeah but this came at the wrong time,against milan.balzaretti better get himself sorted for sunday.

i hope he does, especially if he has to play vs arsenal, i thought he had a tough game vs werder away. players got behind him to often and if he playing players like henry he will need to step up.

rain

Mar 11, 2006
    I won't comment on Zebina. He can't give a correct pass, or even play good football in order to save his own life. He is way below the standard we are looking for in Juve (God bless Football Manager :D ). As for Chiellini, he should be playing against Milan because he is faster, stronger and a better player than Balza. Don't get me wrong, Balza will develop into a good player but he needs more practise and to gain some weight, in order to be able to face his opponents. We'll see what happens. Forza Juve:tup:

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    Zebina didn't play that bad last season (although he did make the occasional goal-costing mistake). But because he has played so few matches this year, he has been very inconsistent. I prefer Zambrotta on the left and Zebina on the right to Chiellini on the left and Zambrotta on the right.

rain

Mar 11, 2006
    Well, it's a matter of how you look at it. I think Zebina is a good substitution for the right back side but he is not suitable for a regular first team player. Zambrotta is way better and Chiellini is a very promising youngster. Also, note that Chiellini is the only one that is pure left-footed player in Juve. Balza is not consider a first team regular. When Chiellini plays for 5-6 games in a row you will see how good of a player he is. Mark my words ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)