Juve still after Barzagli! (110 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Wolfsburg signs Barzagli????? WTF!!!???!?!?!?!??!?!

27/05/2008 21:15
Barzagli Moves To Wolfsburg
Italian international and Palermo defender Andrea Barzagli has made a surprise move to Wolfsburg after failing to reach an agreement with Fiorentina.
»Comments (42) Print This Story Send To A Friend Contact Us galleria zoom Following the news that Roberto Mancini will probably leave Inter and that Amauri´s move to Juventus may not be a done deal after all, another big transfer story is coming from Italy.

It seems that Palermo defender Andrea Barzagli, who has once again been called up to the Azzurri's national team after winning the World Cup two years ago, will not be moving to Fiorentina as expected.

Surprisingly enough, he will be the next major Italian player to move to the Bundesliga after Luca Toni, as he has signed a contract with Wolfsburg, according to his agent Claudio Orlandini.

"It's true, Andrea has signed for Wolfsburg," he said. "There was a 200 thousand euro difference between what we asked for and what Fiorentina were willing to give. They did not want to take our requests into consideration and so we accepted another offer. That's all there is to say."

Buy on AliExpress.com

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Yeah,it's everywhere seems official.close thread.

Ufficiale: Barzagli ha firmato per il Wolfsburg

19:32 del 27 maggio

Dopo tante voci arriva ora l'ufficialità: Andrea Barzagli lascia l'Italia e si accasa al Wolfsburg, formazione tedesca che ha già ingaggiato Zaccardo. Per il difensore campione del Mondo niente Fiorentina, dunque, ma un contratto triennale a cifre ancora non note. anche se si parla di circa 2 milioni di euro di stipendio per lui.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I'm sure Barzagli considered all the things you guys mentioned but at the end of the day he chose money. He isn't the first footballer to do that and he certainly won't be the last.
Yeah, that's normal actually. I really don't blame Barzagli for accepting the highest offer. I'm just wondering why the highest offer wasn't so high and it came from a team financially inferior to the best European teams.

Osman said that Barzagli will earn 3m eur a year. I read that he'll be getting 2 million.

Every premier league team (or top 10 from EPL), Barcelona, Real, Valencia, Sevilla, Atletico, Bayern, Lyon, Juventus, Inter, Milan will have absolutely no problem paying 2m eur (or even 3m eur) to a world class defender. All of them are paying their defenders (much) more .

My question is: Why didn't anyone of them offer Barzagli a 2/3m eur per year contract ?
Why didn't any of them buy Barzagli from Palermo (since financially inferior teams like Fiorentina and Wolfsburg were ready to pay the money to Palermo, all of the clubs mentioned above could have easily afford to pay the same amount) ?

It's fair to ask this question after all the things i've been hearing after the WC 2006. Top class defender like Barzagli, in his best years, not wanted by any of the top teams, sold to Wolfsburg where he'll be earning twice less than one Kakha Kaladze, less than Jorge Andrade, similar to what Burdisso gets in Inter.
Why didn't the big teams try to get him from Palermo ? Is he really top class ?

+rep for correct answers :D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Yeah, that's normal actually. I really don't blame Barzagli for accepting the highest offer. I'm just wondering why the highest offer wasn't so high and it came from a team financially inferior to the best European teams.

Osman said that Barzagli will earn 3m eur a year. I read that he'll be getting 2 million.

Every premier league team (or top 10 from EPL), Barcelona, Real, Valencia, Sevilla, Atletico, Bayern, Lyon, Juventus, Inter, Milan will have absolutely no problem paying 2m eur (or even 3m eur) to a world class defender. All of them are paying their defenders (much) more .

My question is: Why didn't anyone of them offer Barzagli a 2/3m eur per year contract ?
Why didn't any of them buy Barzagli from Palermo (since financially inferior teams like Fiorentina and Wolfsburg were ready to pay the money to Palermo, all of the clubs mentioned above could have easily afford to pay the same amount) ?

It's fair to ask this question after all the things i've been hearing after the WC 2006. Top class defender like Barzagli, in his best years, not wanted by any of the top teams, sold to Wolfsburg where he'll be earning twice less than one Kakha Kaladze, less than Jorge Andrade, similar to what Burdisso gets in Inter.
Why didn't the big teams try to get him from Palermo ? Is he really top class ?

+rep for correct answers :D
If you're correct and Wolfsburg are giving Barzagli 2m a year then I kind of understand why he chose them over Fiorentina. According to his agent there was a difference of 200k per year between Wolfsburg's offer and Fiorentina's so if Fiorentina were only willing to give him 1.8m per year I can understand why he didn't want to go there.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
If you're correct and Wolfsburg are giving Barzagli 2m a year then I kind of understand why he chose them over Fiorentina. According to his agent there was a difference of 200k per year between Wolfsburg's offer and Fiorentina's so if Fiorentina were only willing to give him 1.8m per year I can understand why he didn't want to go there.
It's still not known how much he'll be earning in Wolfsburg.
Calciomercato reports that the official number is still unknown but they say it's rumoured that Barzagli will earn around 2m eur per year. Channel4 write that he'll be earning £2.5m (3m eur) per year.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
i wonder what made him rush a decision so quickly. I am sure other offers would have been tabled for him...its not like Real or Barca made an offer and he wanted to join asap...but Wolfsburg? interesting....:shifty:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
This is just fantastic to see. I would have been totally satisfied with him avoiding Juventus, going to another big club in Serie A even. But to learn he will be playing for Wolfsburg... it's like transfer market ecstasy!

Now just watch all the Azzurri fans who love this guy come out to provide us with more comedy. They'll either defend him or now hate his guts, both actions considerably stupid, much like peoples' stance on Amauri and Camoranesi. Any opportunity to provide us with more comedy, please do!

Barzagli. :howler:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 109)