Juve still after Barzagli! (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
This was a critical time for him and he dropped the ball.

He stopped being a solid presence and started being a liability for Palermo this season. Where he went this summer would have determined his chance for a future:

Go to Fiorentina (or Juventus) and get a solid coach in a solid team playing in top competitions surrounded by great players (Juve moreso obviously), take a little less money to make it work. Probably end up a better player for it.

Go to a mid-table German club, get some UEFA matches, get partnered with another weak-link whose drive and talent died with that own goal and probably stagnate or get worse.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I'm sure Barzagli considered all the things you guys mentioned but at the end of the day he chose money. He isn't the first footballer to do that and he certainly won't be the last.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
For those who rate Barzagli, just go and watch the highlights for the Juventus 5 - 0 Palermo game we played just this season in November.

sebastian

Jul 24, 2002
sebastian thats not nice :) i think he is good but maybe i am wrong because a champion would like to play on a Champion team and not a mid table team.
okay sorry molinaro doesn't belong to that list he is great :D but am i wrong than if you're a player with motivation you want to play for the big teams not for a team who is fighting for an uefa cup place or fights to stay in the top league. maybe he is scared to be on the bench

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Come on, this is not good example, their team have fallen to pieces in the early stages of the match.
Yet the World Cup champion, the class defender, the Italian blooded stud, the future of defending lost almost all one-to-one confrontations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)