Juve still after Barzagli! (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
If im new here, doesnt mean im new for Juve. I watched all our games and yes Chiellini has been our best defender, but his composure lets him down often.
About Barzagli (do you remember Nestas last season at Lazio), ahh i guess not.

Glad to be here!!!
I was only joking, don't take it personal (eventhough i really disagree about Barza and Giorgio)

Glad to have you here. Some of the best members here are from Holland. Hope you'll join the list :)

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 21, 2008
look how quickly and easily Fiorentina have signed a top-rated player...no BS in the press, no dumbass statements from the respective boards...we should learn a lesson from them
we really should ,,, he was behined us and we just left him and looked for amauri and we cant even close this deaaaaaaaal :confused:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
They are taking a risk, i know, but it was under Prandelli that Gilardino was scoring like crazy in Parma.
In a team like Fiorentina he won't have the same pressure he had in Milan, he'll have the full trust of his manager, fans won't be insulting him whenever he touches the ball, like the Milan fans did to him, and i'm positive he'll be much better than he was in Milan.
Fiorentina may have found a +20 goals striker. Mutu/Gilardino may become one of the deadliest partnerships in serie A.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I know taht he was excellent under Prandelii and everything, but still I think he is big gamble, but also can be big jackpot. He really disappointed at Milan and for me his just an average striker, I know he had a lot of pressure but he also had a great team behind him and still he couldn't score a goal.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
That's cheap! I am sure Gilardino is going to score loads of goals to them.
Thats just give's u an idea of the different between our management and others. Gila was a complete flop for milan in the past few years since he arrived and still they'll sell him for 14 million euros. While a WC player like mutu who was showing some excelent performances with us was sold for just 8 millions :faq1:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Thats just give's u an idea of the different between our management and others. Gila was a complete flop for milan in the past few years since he arrived and still they'll sell him for 14 million euros. While a WC player like mutu who was showing some excelent performances with us was sold for just 8 millions :faq1:
While there is no doubt that there is a difference between the newbies in our board and the experienced wolves in Milan, there are three things you forgot to mention :

1. Mutu spent 1 year out of football because he failed a drugs test for cocaine.
2. When he made his comeback he was used only occasionally, playing every third match only, mostly as a sub, out of position. He wasn't considered a world class striker anymore.
3. The team that sold Mutu to Fiorentina was a serie B club that just lost hundreds of millions.

Those were desperate times that called for desperate measures. If some foreign club wanted Mutu we would have certainly sold him there, for higher price. But it looks like no-one apart from Fiorentina wanted him and no-one was willing to pay more than 8m .
Today, looking from this perspective, we can say that it was a mistake to sell him, even more for such low price. Our directors admited that selling Mutu was a mistake.
But back then everything was different. You must have that in mind before you start criticizing.

After all, didn't we sell another young winger, sometime in 1999, for £10.5 million only ? I wonder why didn't Moggi see that the winger will become the best attacker in the world and will cost 5 times more only couple of years later.

Don't look with the eyes of a man who lives in 2008 when you talk about the years 1969, 1979, 1999, or 2006 in this case.

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
Word Alen. I agree with everything you said about the Mutu situation, given the circumstances you really should not blame our board. As far as Gilardino goes, you hit the nail on the head too, i really believe he has a high chance of getting back his confidence and ripping it up, moving is/will be the best thing he can possibly due for his footballing career. Fiorentina's system will be beneficial to him, and he will get more service, and surely perform better. Don't forget the best part though, he will be playing in the CL while most of his other teammates will be in the Uefa cup :). Forza Mongolian border per sempre!

Arvin

Juve Star
Dec 30, 2004
Juventus Join Barzagli Race

Juventus have made a late entrance in the race to sign Palermo's seemingly Fiorentina-bound defender Andrea Barzagli.

The Viola have always been in the driver’s seat with regards to the purchase of Barzagli, but latest speculation coming from Italy is indicating that Juventus have also joined the race for the Italian international defender.

Apparently the Tuscan side is still leading the pack, but the Bianconeri presented Palermo with a better offer when the two clubs met to discuss the transfer of Amauri two weeks ago.

The Old Lady is in fact offering 12 million Euros to the Sicilian side, whereas the player would be given 2.4 million Euros net per year if he agrees to join them.

It must still be seen how Fiorentina will react to this offer, as coach Cesare Prandelli sees the defender as an important player for next year’s squad.

Glenn Debattista

goal.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Media Bullshit???

Tuttosport

Juve, Marquez is good for you - The Mexican defender could be the answer to the Bianconeri's transfer policy

Gazzetta dello Sport

Juve table £2m offer for Riise

Corriere dello Sport

Bridge is in a hurry to join Juve..

David01

Aug 20, 2006
probably BS but if it were true we would have a very decent defence

De Ceglie- Melberg- Barzagli- Zebina
that is an example as I didn't include Chiellini, Andrade, Legro, Mollinaro, Grygera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)