Juve still after Barzagli! (70 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 21, 2008
Zamparini: We Have Reached A Deal With Viola For Barzagli

The Viola have been after the stopper for most of the season and it seems as if the player has been tempted by Champions League football as there were offers from elsewhere on the continent but he instead decided to join his hometown club.

The player's agent did reveal that his client was likely to join Fiorentina and this has now been confirmed by the Rosanero chief who reveals it is a cash deal with no part-exchange of players involved.

"Palermo and Fiorentina have already reached an agreement on the bases of a cash figure which I cannot reveal," Zamparini told Stadio News.

"There will be no part-exchange deal involved because we already have good players and Fiorentina will be keeping theirs.

"As for Comotto, we could renegotiate for him if the Viola let him leave but I don't think our fans will accept him after he snubbed us in January.

"Liverani? He is a good player but I cannot say anymore, you will have to ask Foschi about this deal."

There has been an exodus of players jumping ship down at the port city club. Amauri, Barzagli and Zaccardo have all joined other clubs and Fabrizio Miccoli also had ideas to leave but so far he is still at the Renzo Barbera.

Meanwhile, Barzagli will be hoping to impress with the Azzurri in Austria and Switzerland after earning a place in Roberto Donadoni's provisional squad.

goal.com

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
look how quickly and easily Fiorentina have signed a top-rated player...no BS in the press, no dumbass statements from the respective boards...we should learn a lesson from them

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
So, Barzagli is 27.
He's a world cup winner and he's called to play for Italy this summer.

For those who call him a world class defender, don't you wonder why didn't Milan, Juve or Inter try to sign him ? Why didn't he go to Real, Barcelona, Chelsea, Manchester ?

Italian, perfect age, world cup winner.
If he was sooooo good, why did he stay so long in an average team and why did he go to Fiorentina where he'll be getting much lower wages than what Milan, Inter or Juve would have given to him ?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
So, Barzagli is 27.
He's a world cup winner and he's called to play for Italy this summer.

For those who call him a world class defender, don't you wonder why didn't Milan, Juve or Inter try to sign him ? Why didn't he go to Real, Barcelona, Chelsea, Manchester ?

Italian, perfect age, world cup winner.
If he was sooooo good, why did he stay so long in an average team and why did he go to Fiorentina where he'll be getting much lower wages than what Milan, Inter or Juve would have given to him ?
BECAUSE HE'S AN OVERRATED CRAP!

there!

...now,where are my tranquilizing pills.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
BECAUSE HE'S AN OVERRATED CRAP!

there!

...now,where are my tranquilizing pills.
He's not crap but he's overrated indeed. Being a wc winner and a regular with the azzuri makes his price twice higher than the realistic price and thus it's a bad deal to buy him at the wanted price.
There are at least 10 players in Europe at the same level with Barzagli who'll cost us much less.

Djabrail

May 23, 2008
Barca got Milito+Puyol, MU Fredinand+Vidic, Real Canna+Ramos+Heinze+Pepe+Metzelder all can play CB, Inter Chivu+Materazzi+Cordoba+Samuel, Milan GOT NESTA who is better than our CB's put all together, But we don't got any Top CB, cause Chiellini make mistakes every game(he's top left back, but not CB),so thats why we needed Barzagli!!!

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Chiellini has been far, far superior to Barzagli the past season. Barzagli has been among Palermo's worst defenders and most Palermo fans won't miss him, as Rinaudo has done much better in his place. That must make Rinaudo super super world class.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Chiellini make mistakes every game(he's top left back, but not CB),so thats why we needed Barzagli!!!
You didn't really watch Juve this year, did you ? And you didn't watch Palermo at all, i guess.
Btw, you made two offences that lead to a ban. You said Chiellini should play LB and you said that Juve should have bought Barzagli.

Btw, welcome :D

OP
Dominic

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,039
    I still reckon Chiellini and Legro looked good due to the lack of exposure. Our 'cheap' tactics of Zanetti and Sissoko/Nocerino compensated for their errors and halfed their defensive work. I dread the floadgates may open if we partner Zanetti with someone more creative and less defensive .

Having said that Chiellini will develop into one of Europe's top defenders.

Djabrail

May 23, 2008
    If im new here, doesnt mean im new for Juve. I watched all our games and yes Chiellini has been our best defender, but his composure lets him down often.
    About Barzagli (do you remember Nestas last season at Lazio), ahh i guess not.

Glad to be here!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 68)