Juve still after Barzagli! (100 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Great news thanks man :pint:
You know it says that he won't be coming don't you?

Doesn't matter, this thread is locked.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Barzagli's Palermo pledge[/FONT]
Sunday 15 July, 2007
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Andrea Barzagli put an end to the transfer tug-of-war by assuring he will stay with Palermo this season.
[/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]The World Cup winning defender is a prime target for Fiorentina and Juventus, but patron Maurizio Zamparini warned he would not release him for less than £10m.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“I can say right away that unless there is a shock development, I will stay at Palermo,” said the 26-year-old.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“I am happy to still be a Rosanero player and hope to do well in this shirt. In the past, only Juventus were truly interested in me, but the Coach preferred to look towards other options.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]There had been newspaper talk of a deal with Fiorentina practically completed a few weeks ago, but Barzagli insists his hometown club was not that committed to the transfer.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“The rapport between Fiorentina and Palermo is not good. Having said that, with at least another 10 years of my career left, I need to look at all aspects including the economic one and perhaps with the Viola I would not have had the same guarantees I do here.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Both the Sicilians and Tuscans will be in the UEFA Cup this season and Barzagli could be handed the captain’s armband following Eugenio Corini’s move to Torino.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“Amauri and Fabrizio Miccoli could do very well together. Fabrizio has an extraordinary talent and I think he can drive the fans crazy, bringing more people to the stadium.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]“He has already settled in well and laughs with everyone. I giggle just when I see him, as even physically he reminds me of Diego Armando Maradona.”
[/FONT]

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Viola close in on Barzagli
Friday 23 May, 2008

Highly rated defender Andrea Barzagli is on the verge of leaving Palermo for Fiorentina, according to his agent.

The 27-year-old, who has 21 Azzurri caps to his name, is keen to quit the Rosanero after a season of underachievement.

And it seems that Fiorentina are ready to pounce as they look to strengthen ahead of next season’s Champions League quest.

“The two clubs have come to an agreement,” Barzagli’s representative Claudio Orlandini told Tuttomercatoweb.

“Now it’s just down to my client to agree personal terms with the Viola.

“I can confirm that Bayern Munich and Wolfsburg are also interested and ready to make bigger offers, but Andrea only wants to play for Fiorentina.

“The difference between what we are asking for and the club’s offer is trivial and we will meet tomorrow in the hope of agreeing the deal before Barzagli goes to Coverciano for Italy’s pre-Euro 2008 camp.”

Sources suggest that just £100,000 is separating Barzagli and Fiorentina with the defender asking for around £1m per season for five years.
-----------------

:weee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 99)