Juve still after Barzagli! (110 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It just says the move for Barzagli will be completed in a matter of hours. It says that either tomorrow or the day after it will be completed. Hopefully bullshit but probably not, which means Chiellini will not be used centrally which is really his optimal position.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
It just says the move for Barzagli will be completed in a matter of hours. It says that either tomorrow or the day after it will be completed. Hopefully bullshit but probably not, which means Chiellini will not be used centrally which is really his optimal position.
i wud actually sooner see chiellini deputise the left, and criscito as backup cb

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
i wud actually sooner see chiellini deputise the left, and criscito as backup cb
Chiellini is more suited to play centrally though. He's great in the air and a good marker, however I don't like him going forward. He doesn't really have the skill to be a real threat on the left-flank. And the best matches I have seen Chiellini play were for the Azzurrini where he was solid, plus made up for the mistakes of that idiot Andreolli.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Chiellini is more suited to play centrally though. He's great in the air and a good marker, however I don't like him going forward. He doesn't really have the skill to be a real threat on the left-flank. And the best matches I have seen Chiellini play were for the Azzurrini where he was solid, plus made up for the mistakes of that idiot Andreolli.
and criscito? hes a talent we shud be keeping and certainly not to be wasted playing him on the left

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
My favourite Juve backline that you guys could conceivably remember was Torricelli RB Pessotto LB with Ferrara & Montero as what they called "stoppers." I'm talking the days when Juve could go to the San Siro & stuff Milan 6-1...somehow guys like Milito, Barzagli, etc just don't sound as threatening...

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
My favourite Juve backline that you guys could conceivably remember was Torricelli RB Pessotto LB with Ferrara & Montero as what they called "stoppers." I'm talking the days when Juve could go to the San Siro & stuff Milan 6-1...somehow guys like Milito, Barzagli, etc just don't sound as threatening...
god how i miss torricelli :cry: an inspiration to all right backs. as for barzagli like i said he needs to play alongside a leader and i have full confidence in andrade guiding him

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Criscito will be used as well, hopefully centrally. I'd rather use Chiellini and Criscito, buy another left-back such as Heinze instead of spending more for the overrated Barzagli.
is that what your defence would of been for the season? however much i rate both the players im not sure they are quite ready to step up and perform consistantly enough to earn us at least a CL spot, not yet anyways.

Mar 28, 2007
I find both of them rely on a marking role and don't really have the leadership role to control the D, maybe Andrade as it a bit more than Barza but a combo of a younger Canna and one of the 2 would have been perfect but that might just be the alcohol effects kicking in. :pint:
both are leaders of the team..

BARZAGLI - CAPTAIN OF PALERMO
ANDRADE - CAPTAIN OF PORTUGAL NATIONAL TEAM

ranieri stated he wants leaders in his CB! =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 109)