Juve still after Barzagli! (97 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
alex will play as starter,if essien can play as cb for chelsea,alex can do as well

milito will go to barca,at least we know he will stay in spain

I cant see million defenders better than Barzagli,because we know chivu,mexes rumours are lie
Essien only played CB when Terry or Carvalho were injured. Terry is Chelsea's captain and won't be dropped while Carvalho has been one of Europe's best defenders this season. Alex starting isn't guaranteed at all.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
not fussed if we lose out on barzagli.

i think we still have a chance on milito, however, with rumours flooding out of mexes, marquez and milito..i think the club will sign at least one class defender and another good one to partner him.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Fiorentina are reportedly keen to sign Palermo star Andrea Barzagli and are ready to include midfielder Fabio Liverani in the deal.

The Viola are looking to strengthen their squad as they hope to fight for a Champions League spot next season after narrowly missing out this year because of their Calciopoli points deduction.

“Barzagli can leave, as long as someone is willing to offer us £11m,” announced Rosanero President Maurizio Zamparini recently.

However, reports suggest that £8.5m should be enough to convince the fiery chief to let the player go, but Andrea Della Valle and sporting director Pantaleo Corvino both believe that price to be excessive.

The Gigliati are therefore ready to include Liverani in the deal, as a replacement for Eugenio Corini who has not yet decided if he will extend his stay with Palermo or leave to join Parma.

If the Isolani were to agree to an exchange deal, it is likely that £6m cash would be enough to convince Zamparini.

Barzagli, in the meantime, is also a reported target for Juventus, but the club’s plans in the transfer market will depend on their new Coach, who should be appointed shortly.

Fiorentina are ready to offer the 26-year-old a four-year contract worth £1.4m per season, but have also eyed Cesare Bovo, Cristian Zaccardo and Cesare Natali as possible alternatives.

Football Italia

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
dont know if he stated that but if they ask for 11mil im sure we can convince them to sell him for 8.5-9 or just include a player(i.e giannichetta) and pay just 5-6mil
that would be a good deal

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Giannichedda is out of contract this summer so he isn't ours to swap.

We would probably give Palermo half of Paro's contract and cash, the question will be whether he wants to join us or not, cos if we want him we will sort something out with Palermo.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
I wish we'll snap a classy Italian centre back with a good experience in the next few weeks. Yet, I don't think that Barzagli is the right man for the job. I agree that he has a good experience in Serie A, but he is an overrated defender in my opinion, and he isn't the one who is capable of leading our back line. In spite of not considering him a top defender, I think he can perform well if he partners a world-class centre back.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
I wish we'll snap a classy Italian centre back with a good experience in the next few weeks. Yet, I don't think that Barzagli is the right man for the job. I agree that he has a good experience in Serie A, but he is an overrated defender in my opinion, and he isn't the one who is capable of leading our back line. In spite of not considering him a top defender, I think he can perform well if he partners a world-class centre back.
totally agreed...
But I don't see any top class Italian defender who is a possible target!
Except Cannavaro and he'd be a short term solution...

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
10 million Euros max...
He didn't playe well this season, and Zamparini is willing to let him go, so his price should drop down more ...
Exactly. £7m should be our maximum bid. More than that means we're fooling ourselves.

totally agreed...
But I don't see any top class Italian defender who is a possible target!
Except Cannavaro and he'd be a short term solution...
Me too, there is no a specific name in my mind right now. But I'll go for my usual choice; Dainelli. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 96)